Reviews for Of Wanting
Cuna999 chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Hmmmm...

I'm not really much of a Mitsuru/Akihiko shipper, although I can see it playing out. :D And this was really so beautifully; the imagery is amazing, especially with the fire and ice, and Shinji and Miki in earth and air/fire.

The only spelling mistake I caught was "loose"; it should be "It's Mitsuru's time to lose".

But amazingly written, beautifully played out. :)
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
You always write so beautifully. Great style - the brief snapshots, imagery (ice/fire), and the structured, repeated dialogue ("Wait") bring this close to poetry.

Akihiko feels constantly poised throughout, which fits him no matter how the story's tone changes - tension, affection, pain. Mitsuru feels distant, to him and the reader, and is both a support and vulnerable.

It's hard for me to praise this outside of generalities like this, because otherwise I'd be underlining all the lines and sections I liked, which is a lot of them. So I'll just say that I read this and almost immediately re-read it, and I liked it even better the second time.

This is such a delicate pairing and so hard to get right. You did a great job.

Crit:

Typos. You tend to have capitalization/comma/period typos around your dialogue tags. Also small things like "It's Mitsuru's time to [lose]"; verb tense on
Rock-Nye chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
meep

This might be the best Akihiko/Mitsuru I've read. I ship them shamelessly but it seems not a lot of people share my sentiments...but this is just...

Yeah, I dunno.

-favorites-
mistereee chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
That was true romange right there. :)
DarkenedSakura chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
I don't know what to say. Just. Akihiko/Mitsuru is always a good thing, and you've gotten them both down so well, and your writing - and, yeah. This was fantastic. Great job. :]
Exhile87 chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Two words: HOLY F*.

This was very beautifully written, and I, like Lady Cheshire, simply loved that line about Shinji being in the earth and air, and Miki in fire. You portrayed Akihiko and Mitsuru's complicated relationship perfectly and I like the bittersweet theme you had, just before the happy ending. It really stirred something in me, lol.

It's my birthday today so this is an awesome, awesome treat. _ Great job!
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
I really like this. It's short, but there's a lot of meaning in the small amount of words that are used. And it really highlights just how many people Akihiko's lost. I enjoy his relationship with Mitsuru and you've portrayed it quite nicely here.
azurelegance chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
You are like my favorite author and I CAN'T believe you wrote an akimitsu fic ::D ! kldsafkl;jsdklfjsdl;akfjaskljf ;I LOVE this couple (and the fanfics are so rare T_T) and you did a fabulous job (as always). Thank you, THANK YOU for writing this :D

If you ever feel like writing this again, oh geez, I would be so happy XD

Lady Cheshire chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
This is simply marvelous, a lovely cariacture of both Mitsuru and Akihiko. The pace of this reminds me of dancing, where Akihiko isn't quite in step with Mitsuru but she doesn't mind (she seems to like it).

Particularly beautiful: His brother rests in earth and air. His sister lies in fire.

Good work here, I'm so glad you've continued writing persona fics!

Small crit: “Do I have you attention?” (should be your, I believe)

Thanks. :)
AGENT KELL chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
AH!

I don't even know this that well but i've fallen head over heels for them. You know I like these kinds of the couples the most.