Reviews for A Lovely Contradiction
PrueHarrison chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
OMG... evil Russia
But I like fanfictions with reference to the Berliner wall...

And now my mommy's sitting next to me on the sofa, so I have to look for another place to read on - I mean, it's kind of bestial, this story!
...but really, reeeeaaaally gooooood :)
0ptimuspenguin chapter 3 . 9/7/2010
I love it. Please update soon! .
Ivanika chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
Wow! I really don't know what to tell you. The imagery and descriptions you have going on, it's beautiful. I can paint a picture in my mind without my head being overflown with unnecessary details, just the right amount here and there. The way you organize your chapters is wonderful; i love how you placed the first events of Prussia living with Russia as the third chapter, it's easy for me to grasp the plot better, i guess. The transition and the way the story flows isn't clunky or or skips a beat, it's wonderful and beautiful. Your characterization of Russia and Prussia? Amazing, truly truly amazing. You show Russia's tired, cruel and fearsome side, and it works extremely well with Prussia's angry, broken yet rebellious personality. You've these characters meshing so well together and it gives a darker outlook on the events compared to the canon.

Some major props that there is a perfect angst, sadness, and bitterness level that doesn't seem too potent, but just the right amount. It's well justified and played out in such a way that the dark undertone doesn't take over the story completely, but fills it wholly. The way you used iron in the first chapter and expanded its meaning from a piece of *sexy* metal into a tool of Prussia's past, present and future, awesome! The way you wrote about the tub scene, where Prussia wished Russia was there with him, it was so sad and bittersweet and amazing, my heart really went out to Gilbert. In the third chapter, the ending where Gilbert is clutching onto the red flag, it made me think of his dependency on Russia, communism, and what his life for the next years will become. The end where he's draped with the flag was magnificent, like it had overtaken him, an image of his punishments then and there and what's to come.

Totally awesome story! Major props,

-Ivanika

P.S. Can't wait to read more of your awesome work! :D
Arkhadiam chapter 2 . 10/21/2009
I dont know what to tell. This makes my heart hurt. Its beautiful, and so angsty. Youre really an awesome writer.
NinjaMatty chapter 2 . 10/19/2009
Wow! That's really awesome so far! I love it! You write very well Keep up the good work! I can't wait to read more
Kami011 chapter 2 . 10/19/2009
...oh.

the heart part was so disturbing! but i think it was great!

this fic is great, please, update!