Reviews for Sparkle
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I wasn't expecting that tidbit of news that Nora brought up when she mentioned that Derek needed to rest.

I thought they were in high school still.
LeanneDaseyLover chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Aw, I want to cry.(weird huh? wanting to cry) My family has had experience with this sorta thing. My mom had a miscarriage last year. It was hard for a couple of weeks, but we overcame the pain.
I love this. The situation was(sadly)realistic and believable. You kept Derek in character. Even though he doesn't do tears or feelings, when Case broke down, he was there for her. Like always. Great job with this sweet heart-wrenching fic.
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Oh My God.

I... I so wasn’t able to figure this out at all. My mind went through all the spectrum of possibilities and I wasn’t even able to pick up the right one. And I’m mostly able to guess so this was unexpected, surprising and pretty much heartbreaking.

I thought it was something like a broken-heart in the beginning because Casey is such a drama queen and it/’s pretty canon that Derek is always there to help her and take her broken hearted pieces and glue them back together with his sarcasm and pretend snarky lines till he’s able to make her smile.

THAT was the first hint, I think .If I’d only been able to pick up on it. The fact that Derek is *trying* to fix her and hasn’t been able to succeed. Because Derek is so much a part of Casey that he can instinctively tell what to say to make her feel better (even if it’s veiled beneath a lot of pretence) and the fact that he *can’t*, that something’s happened that even he can’t fix. And that was the first hint that it was something big. When Derek can’t fix Casey then there’s something really wrong.

And the fact that Derek actually can’t stand to see Casey this way- like she’s not living anymore. Because Casey with all her neuroticity and craziness has always been so… I dunno, alive. Like how you describe her here- unwilling to back down and filled with the kind of fire that really doesn’t need anything to keep itself burning because Derek provides the spark and they play out their little tableau to perfection. And I like how Derek is hurting and it’s so obvious that he is.

Then it totally gets worse, because I’m so emotionally so invested in Derek and he’s really, really hurting. His position here is absolutely unique because he’s just standing on the sidelines- watching and it must really kill that he can’t do anything about it. There is a sort of hopelessness running through the whole thing because Derek is NOT the sidelines kind of guy, especially not when it comes to Casey. And here she’s crying and he’s unable to help and that, that just must really be difficult. It’s quite killing and the words convey that perfectly.

That’s just really sad :( It’s a heavy topic and you handled it so well. It’s very Casey to blame herself and push everyone away- and it’s just what she does. But somehow the ending is not negative. It makes me feel that she will come around and that he’ll somehow bring her back from this living-dead land. Because he’s Derek and she’s Casey and that’s how they function. It’s just has to work out. Maybe not today. Or tomorrow or anytime soon. But someday it will. And maybe knowing just that is enough sometimes.
Dave-The-Laugh's-NewHotness chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Oh wow...that was just..wow. I'm absolutely blown away (and a little heart broken at the loss of their baby). Excellent writing.

DTLNH
FalseReflections chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
beautifully executed and well thought out. lovely prose. you made my evening.
Cherrynuts chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Wow this was really great, at first I tried to figure out what exactly she had and I thought that she might have Alzheimer's and can't remember anything except occasionally but I would have never guessed that she/ They lost a child.

That was a really sad fan fiction but I liked it really much it will go to my favorites.

Awesome job :D
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Wow. Awesome job. Catch ya on the flip side.
absolute nonsense chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Wow.

Good job. I'm going to favourite this, because that was amazing.

Corcey chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Love it. It made me so sad.
Zuzzeroo chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
This was honestly amazing. Really moving. I've done that with stars. Tried to reach them, to take them from the sky. It doesn't work, and I always feel a little empty after. This whole idea, it kept you reading. You wanted to know why Casey was so depressed and why Derek was acting so odd about what was happening. It was explained brilliantly and I would really like to read a little more about this. But it is great by it self.

xoxoTaraxoxo
dainty character chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
SHIT girl!

That was pretty much heart breaking. I was trying to guess what had happened to her, and first I though she had been in an accident and something had happened to her mentally, but then when she was murmuring her name my heart nearly stopped. So good. I loved it.