Reviews for Reprise
pf-joseph chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
O_o that's a side of Kino I've never come across... the Kino I envision is somewhere in the 12-15 age range, given her almost prepubescent appearance in most of the anime episodes. This angle would be more fitting with her later more feminine appearances, I guess.

An interesting angle nonetheless, and I found it enjoyable ) to depict the traveller as one with vices, and a fanboy curiosity-inducing one too!

And like all of the reviewers before, I have to say that Gia's condition was so sudden, I felt my heart skip a beat at the word 'convalescing'. Great job with preparing the suspense.

I'm only wondering about the relevance of the car... perhaps a foreshadow to another tale? I'll wait and see )

Another excellent tale! Keep it up D
GDeacur chapter 2 . 11/5/2009
To be honest, I borrowed a few books from the library this week that weren't as well written. Your storytelling methods are really convincing. I think its a compliment when I say that I have a hard time picking out just what makes it so; there are lots of little things. But here's one anyways: You don't show favoritism towards either Kino or Hermes. Neither seem like the obligatory foil - both bring plenty to the table, and if you prefer one to the other, I can't tell. I think that's great.

On a subjective note, I don't quite agree with this story's message... but you make your point without insulting me. Once again, I appreciate that. Many writers, otherwise talented, fail in this regard.

Thumbs up... please, please write more.
Oriko chapter 2 . 10/29/2009
Nice job portraying the 'wrongness' of Kino's hometown, I think you managed to make it even creepier then it was in the anime. Never before has the word 'convalescing' triggered an 'oh shit' moment. Poor, poor girl. Kino was lucky to have escaped.
Hunterminator chapter 2 . 10/20/2009
*Shiver*

Oh man, I'd forgotten how much Kino's hometown creeps me out. This was a beautiful story that turned creepy by surprise. I really didn't see Gia's fate coming until the same time Kino started to suspect.

It's odd when the word "Convalescing" manages to cause a shiver of horror. I think it's also a sign of how well you write, the reader is filled with empathy for the characters.

Great story, I'm eagerly awaiting the next one.