Reviews for Of Feminism and Stilettos
PsychoticSky chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Woohoo! GO KUSHINA! XD
Shadow Lighthawk chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
This made me laugh. I love the idea of Kushina as a feminist - I figure she must have had a powerful sense of self to catch Minato's attention and probably a different outlook than most. She certainly would have needed plenty of self-confidence to stand up to Minato's fan club.

I tend to agree with you about Twilight. I've read some incisive critical reviews of both Twilight and the series as a whole, and it's more than a little horrifying how twisted the social and gender dynamics are once you strip away the vampires, werewolves and supernatural elements.

I also hate what Twilight has done to vampires as a genre. Good!vampires and RomanticInterest!vampires aren't new, but the venom, the fanglessness, the rock-hard skin, and yes, the sparkling... it all combines into one giant blight on the awesomeness of vampires everywhere. It kills me that you can't talk about vampires anymore without someone referencing and/or mocking Meyer's version of vampires. They've entered our cultural consciousness now, and the chances of them going away are microscopic. Makes me a sad, sad panda.

On the plus side, I get to read reaction pieces like this one. I hope someday everyone learns to be as cool as Kushina.
kenni no. 1 chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
I friggin love this! KUDOS!
oakleaf chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
You have put a giant smile on my face. I believe in feminism too, so it's great to read something like this.

Well done!
Jaded Baby Blues chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Omigawd, this was so awesome in two thousand words and more! I wanna be as cool as Kushina too! Dammit! I hate Twilight too! No, I don't just hate it, I simply abhor it, LOATHE it! I've never read her stupid novels due to the fact that everyone who has has never had a good word to say about it (except for those stupid fangirls). I started to despise the film because I thought Twilight represented a really bad message! As Stephen King once said "Twilight is about how important it is to get a boyfriend!" I hated how weak and useless Bella was and that she was such a selfish b*tch about the people who cared for her! And of that stupid Edward who was so weird and disgusting (watching her at night like that and sparkling in the sun)

Anyway, this fic is just super wonderful! I loved how strong and opinionated Kushina is about her views and beliefs! And I liked it how she actually tries to teach the kunoichis about what to do and how to react to stupid sparkling boys. I mean, there is waaaay more to life then pretty boys! I was really laughing at all the phrases she came up with! Kushina is hilarious! Ah, if only she was still around during Naruto's era. She could teach a thing or two to dense kunoichis like Ino and Sakura...
Lady Knight Keladry chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
It's cute and pretty humorous. I don't like Twilight either and the way you just put those comments out there just made it very fun to read. I love the overall outcome of the feminist speech though.
timme chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
lol, as plain and selfish as bella is, she's still got everyone bending backwards for her. she's not the idiot in those books...not the biggest one, anyway. it has nothing to do with feminism, makes you more wanna kick those guys and say "be a effin MAN!"

Who the hell lets their "mate" go around kissing other guys and proclaiming love to them? geez.
the.stories.live.on chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Finally! Something good came out of Twilight! I am very surprised. Well, it more came out of Kushina, which isn't near as surprising. Well done! Veeeery funny.
nipnag chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
LOLOLOL!

"Kushina, love, is this one of those things I can blame on your uterus?"

PRICELESS :D
StandUpEvenIfYouStandAlone chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
yea i can see her having that reaction. i did too
Thoriyan chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Lol. Yes Kushina!
RougeAngleofSatin chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
I have to agree with Kushina/you on this. Twilight is really not a good example of how to have a happy relationship. I only read the first book out of curiosity and that was all it took to put me off Twilight for good. While Edward is an undeniably creepy stalker it could possibly be excused as he is a non-human predator and therefore stalking is instinctive(not that it makes it okay or anything)-but Bella? She's arguably the most dull and irritating character I've ever came across.

Poor Minato doesn't understand what he did ;P
Mr. Mild chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
damn hilarious. :D
fAteD lOvE chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
:O

You are my hero and have my undying loyalty.

Down with Twilight.

That is all.
X59 chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
go Kushina.

To be honest I've never read twilight...i can't get over the fact that the vampires glow.
78 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »