Reviews for Of Overthinking Prophecies and Growing a Backbone
K chapter 5 . 2/23/2014
"Well…I had heard that Macbeth was something of an environmentalist. Let's cut down half the forest and see if that won't get his attention," Malcolm decided. "Plus, that way if we have each soldier carry a branch or so then it will obscure our numbers. Not that we need to, because it's almost embarrassing
just how outmatched they are, but it might trick them into thinking we're even MORE over- prepared."

"Hey look, Macbeth decided to show up after all. Alright, everyone drop your boughs and grab your swords," Malcolm commanded. "Unless, I suppose, you'd rather club people with your boughs. But either way, it's time to fight."

"Against one person?" one of the soldiers asked.

"Nonsense, I'm sure he has supporters somewhere," Malcolm claimed. "And it's up to us to find them! Do try not to kill anyone on our side, though."

"No man of woman born can hurt me, no man of woman born can hurt me…" Macbeth repeated like a mantra. "Ow!" he complained as one of the soldiers managed to swipe his cheek. "The hell? Are you a girl disguised as a boy who wanted to go into battle to either protect her father/brother/boyfriend or to escape the confines of your dreary existence?"

"Nope," the offending soldier said cheerfully. "I'm a changeling."

"That's very nice," Macbeth said, plunging his sword through the changeling's stomach. "And now you're dead."

"No…my father, Lord Siward, shall avenge me!" the boy claimed as he died.

"Did I just hear somebody say 'avenge'?" Macduff demanded. "I must find and kill Macduff for ruining my carpet! And killing my family, too!" Don't you mean Mcbeath?

"Oh crap…" Macbeth muttered. "Run away!"

"Perhaps the 10,000 Englishmen on top of the entire Scottish army was a bit of an overkill," Siward commented.

"Possibly," Malcolm grudgingly admitted. "But it was also EPIC."

"Your bravery is to be commended," Malcolm began, "even if your ability to see the blatantly obvious leaves much to be desired. As such, I am making you all earls. But only if you show up for my coronation. I'm looking at you, Macduff."

Sarah you are a comedy god. This last chapter was full of win
K chapter 4 . 2/23/2014
"Oh no, I love visual aids," Macbeth assured them.

"Great!" the first witch said brightly. "Here goes."

"Oooh! Beware Macduff! He wants to kill you!" a floating head warned him.

"Wow, that is some stunning special effects," Macbeth said admiringly. "It almost looks like that's really a floating disembodied head."

"It is a floating disembodied head," the second witch told him.

"Oh. Well you can't even see the string or anything," Macbeth quickly rallied.

"That would be because there's no string," the third witch replied.

"What? Oh, right. Don't ruin the magic, got it," Macbeth nodded.

"It's not worth it," the second one decided.

The witches rock
K chapter 3 . 2/23/2014
"He said he was too tired to avenge his father's death so he went home to take a nap," Macbeth explained.

I can't believe the guy. Then again, I'm a night owl soo...
K chapter 2 . 2/23/2014
Have I possibly found someone else who is not an absolute moron?" Malcolm asked, stunned. "Who are you and why haven't we met before?"

"Macduff and I have no idea," came the prompt response."

Most of Shakespeare's characters do have moron qualities
K chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
"In an insane world, the sane appear insane," Duncan said wisely.

"And coincidentally enough, so do the bat-shit crazy people," the captain noted before falling over.

"Now, really, I get that you're wounded and all, but lying down in the middle of a briefing? I am SO demoting you…" Duncan muttered, annoyed.

"I think he's dead, my lord," a Scottish nobleman says, eyeing the body carefully, as he strode into the room.

Duncan blinked. "Oh. Well he's at least getting a demerit for this! Bleeding to death in front of your king…But never mind that, Ross, my good man. Have you any news?"

Can I use the messengers quote someday. I also like the line about Malcolm's suicide attempt
T. Alana M chapter 2 . 10/3/2013
This makes English so much more interesting
Personaje chapter 5 . 9/14/2013
Just. Brilliant. Best interpretation of Macbeth I have ever seen. I am still dying of laughter!
A chapter 5 . 2/26/2013
Lady Macbeth is awesome.

Malcolm is the only one besides his sister who has a brain in his skull
random-k chapter 5 . 11/6/2012
once again another awesome shakesphere
TheUnofficialModerator chapter 5 . 10/4/2011
Hmm, simply brilliant. I love the way you portrayed Lady Macbeth, along with how nonchelant Lord Macbeth is. "Isnt he getting drunk in Ireland?" I suspect that there isnt a large audience for this type of thing, so I commend you for going through with it to the end.

UnoMod
Lefty Blondy chapter 5 . 5/6/2011
:( aww its over but it was sooo funny
Lefty Blondy chapter 4 . 5/6/2011
lol ow my sides so funny
Lefty Blondy chapter 3 . 5/6/2011
Once again so funny my sides hurt
Lefty Blondy chapter 2 . 5/6/2011
lol this is so funny i am laughing so hard i love this
Lefty Blondy chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
OMG that is so funny i was laughing from the first line
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »