Reviews for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Crisis
Moczo chapter 24 . 6/23/2010
I just want to make sure I've got this straight; they've just been fighting some kind of copy of Precia's personality implanted into a defense program? Or is Precia still alive in her jar or whatnot, and controlling the whole thing mentally? Either way, she's still a total bitch. Honestly, an Alicia bomb? How low can you go?

Poor old admirals... they got to do exactly nothing of value in StrikerS, and now two of them are dead... sob... still, at least they got to go out with a bang. See ya around, guys.

Just a few chapters left. Maybe now I can see what's really going on...
RadiantBeam chapter 10 . 4/10/2010
RadiantBeam chapter 5 . 4/10/2010
Heh, ironic to read Quattro's interaction with Nanoha in this chapter considering what happens to her in the follow-up story. But I guess it goes to show; Nanoha can befriend ANYBODY when she puts her mind to it!

Arf's interaction with the girl was surprisingly cute and sweet, brief as it was. I liked it.
RadiantBeam chapter 2 . 4/10/2010
You seem to have a thing for Yuuno getting captured and/or lost, do you? :p
RadiantBeam chapter 1 . 4/10/2010

... *begins shipping them* :p

Anyway, thought I'd own up to those reviews I've been meaning to get you. .- Caught this in rewrite, it seems, but I'm loving what I see so far. The suspense is well built up, the character interaction is real and sweet, and it's just one chapter in and I'm already in love with it. Very good job, I can see why you consider this an epic.

Anyhoo, on to chapter 2!
Another Duck chapter 26 . 3/25/2010
This was a rather good story. Most of the characters were as you'd expect them to, the plot moved on decently, and there were no real plot holes. The usage of characters worked well, which can sometimes fail spectaculary as it's difficult to handle a lot of them.

A minor error was that it said Jail and Uno weren't clones. They were both pretty much clones to begin with (although admittedly, the term clone is in this series defined pretty vaguely), and while I don't remember if the source was canon or fanon, the Jail we see in the series might not be the first clone either.

What I didn't like was mainly how you handled two characters: Fate and Quattro. Fate was the least like her canon self, as she held too much hatred and lust for revenge. Or, in more absolute values, more than a very tiny bit at all. She's been consistently portrayed as one of the nicest characters ever in the series, and this fic pulls her to a more normalised personality to suit the plot. It makes for a good character, but not a good Fate.

Quattro was better, but she still lacked much of her regular personality, or at least in the beginning. Before they escaped, she wasn't herself from what I could see. Sure, people can change, but you still recognise them. I didn't. Later on, she was better, and her backstabbing was believable, if predictable. After that, she pretty much dropped out of the story, which was a shame. I would've liked to see her actually participate in something more.

As for the rest of them, they were much better. I liked the way you did the pairings, even if it on occasion seemed mostly for the sake of pairing people up and not leaving them alone. It's actually a bit refreshing to read a fic where Nanoha and Fate aren't automatically considered a canon couple, no matter how much blunt force trauma the subtext have suffered.

While on one level it's a bit cheap to kill Arf off and resurrect her, it works. Mainly because the cheapness of either balances the other, and even if it's not the best plot device to use, it's not a broken one.

I liked that it was a bit of a pause in the middle, where the fic could have ended, but didn't since there were more plot to be had. It makes for a good respite, especially considering the somewhat heavy (compared to the rest of the fic) end segment with the assault.

Overall, it's a good story of a decent length. It's a little bit up to top quality, but well above the average here on ficnet.
F91 chapter 7 . 3/4/2010
I know I'm slow pokin' here, but I am gradually trucking on! It's really good so far!
bahamut864 chapter 20 . 1/4/2010
simply amazing such a great stories plz continue
magicone chapter 18 . 1/4/2010
wow these is liked one of the best stories i have read plz keep going its so awesome i love it a
Moczo chapter 12 . 12/31/2009
Hm... guess they sent the wrong ace. Nanoha probably would have just kicked the crap out of Jail and company and taken Erio back by force, no matter what she'd promised earlier. Fate is too nice for her own good.
Moczo chapter 10 . 12/30/2009

Well, didn't see THAT coming.
Moczo chapter 8 . 12/29/2009
Did... did a bunch of gadget drones just basically combine to form Devastator?

That is GREAT.
Moczo chapter 6 . 12/28/2009
Hm... so the new guy is someone Nanoha has met before? Of course, considering he could be a clone, that doesn't mean much. Considering he could be an opposite-sex clone, it means even less. For all we know, he sounds familiar because he's a male version of her!

I'm not sure if I like 'nice' Quattro or not. I've got a soft spot for unabashadly BAD villains, and you didn't get much eviller than her. Still, the story is good enough that I'm willing to give it a chance.
Quadhelix chapter 25 . 12/26/2009
Great story so far. It is especially good to see regretful!Precia - it seems like something that would happen to her if she ever got Alicia back.

One interesting fact about the Atlantis connection: I was wondering as early as chapter 7 whether you were modeling your Al Hazred off of Atlantis.

"In one episode, McKay finds an ancient power experiment, where they were attempting to create a universe to pull energy from, but the creation of exotic particles (in laymen's terms, simply particles we've never seen before) meant that containment was difficult."

-On a side note, you are referring to the episode "Trinity." If you go back and look at the transcript, you would see that, in fact, the point of the Ancient experiment was to draw energy from their own universe, rather than the artificially generated universes used by ZPMs.
Kirino chapter 15 . 11/30/2009
Quattro's Heel Face Turn was actually believable. You turned the smuggest cyborg into someone sympathetic. Good work! I'm shocked at the lack of reviews this has; it's very good, actually.
61 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »