Reviews for Lucky's Tale
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
A heartrending story well told. Thanks for writing that.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
A beautiful and poignant story.
Gorgolo Chick chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Maude, I'll write some thoughts, but be aware any typos are your fault, as I'm writing through tears.

That story is so beautiful, so touching, so sad.

So well written.

Reading it with no knowledge of the characters would have been a wonderful experience (you MUST write lots of original fiction and publish it) and reading it just knowing the actor that portrayed one of the characters even more so; reading it having had a small glimpse of the show has made it an incredibly poignant experience. Apple, have you stopped crying, yet?

Your writing makes the scenes so real, yet your descriptions never impede the flow of the story. You've a deft hand for drawing a scene with just a few strokes, like a Japanese brush and ink artist. Without being blatant about it, you made me feel Lucky's emotions; his fear for Andamo, his restlessness in uncertainty, his need for comfort, his pride in and concerns for his friend, and his confusion over his own sense of romantic love.

You made your statement against cigarettes without any hint of moralizing, and you used the desire for asmoke as a very telling symbol, a psychological thread running through the story.

The little stories Lucky heard about Andamo's secretive generosity to others (damn, here come more tears) were so moving and gave me a beautiful sense of Andamo as a man, even before the deeply sensitive and moving story of the past.

I don't think I've ever read a single story of love lost that hit me as much as this did - does. And you've given us two very different such stories without trivialzing either one.

I'mjust going to sit here for a while and enjoy a good cry.

Exquisite writing, Maude.
caroljbrown chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Hi- I have been waiting forever for someone to pick up on writing a story based on Mr. Lucky.

I have been a Ross Martin fan as of my first viewing of the show in its original run (please don't do the math or I will claim to be the first embryo to watch TV).

Both actors were excellent but Andamo was portrayed with so much charisma it seemed a waste to let the character expire when the series ended.

Your story (much too short!) totally captures the interplay between the key characters and I felt as if I was watching an unseen episode.

Please write more stories (and quickly) - not that I am trying to pressure you but waiting is not my strength. Thanks again for writing the story- made my day- regards- carol
nittanyapple chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Your handle on the characters is spot on, Maude. This story has the feel of the show (NOT the movie with Cary Grant, since I've never seen it) and I can see Lucky and Maggie sitting in the waiting room worrying over Andamo. I love that Lucky kept wanting the cigarette...those lines were a great segue into the next scene. Im so glad you wrote this!