Reviews for Between Us
Gryphin chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Oh my Oh my...I had no idea I had this waiting in my inbox for me as well. Seriously? This was just...wow. Lovely. Absolutely lovely. I loved it ALL. This line especially:

"And she’s moving closer, like they are magnets and any second they’re going to come together, because this thing between them—it’s stronger than either one of them."

I love this because it is such a perfect analogy for the two of them. They can try as hard as they want to, but they are drawn to one another in a way that they just can't resist. It truly is bigger than either of them.

Wonderful job, as usual. you have me all sighing and dreamy. And I'm working on the posting the next chapter of Flight tonight, darnit! How can I do that when all I can do it swoon over this all night? Thank you for such a wonderful little gem!

~Crystal
hpaich chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Sigh.

The frustration and anger and love he feels here are so eloquently expressed. He would most definitely struggle with his 'alpha-male tendencies' when it comes to her. It most likely wasn't as much of a problem with his previous female companions; but Bones is more important. She's everything. And so that tight grip he has on his inner emotions begins to slip, a little more every day.

He's metaphorically holding on to her; she's his anchor right now. He needs her steadfastness, her friendship. He needs her. And how true of Booth, that he is willing to wait until she is ready, however much it hurts him to do so.

Thank you so much for this! Awesome story.
DNAisUnique chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
This is my favorite episode of the season so far! Glad you wrote a post-ep.

I like that Booth wants to tell everyone his feelings for her.

Nice job with the something lost/something gained because of his coma theme.

'She brings out the Neanderthal in him,' *love* this line!

Wonderful work. Hopefully he won't have to wait too long! :D

Dana
Tides of Gray chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Aw...that was lovely. I loved it, greay writing.
bb-4ever chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
great shot, heartbreaking and sweet look forward to more from you
sleeplessinatlanta chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
OH, GOSH! I loved this! Best tag to this episode I've read! Perfect!

"He's got nothing but time. For her. He'll wait" I'm in love with this ending! So, so good!
grammar.grammarian chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
this is sweet. i was really hoping to see some nice responses to recent episodes... definitely a success. my inner squealing girl wanted to throttle angela for not recognizing the situation but my prevailing realist clearly saw the clever irony in them interrupting just like all the other times. and dating the (random new character) boss? totally uncool. like, what?
xXriujooXx chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
So amazing. I was on the edge of my seat sharing in Booth's agony the whole time reading.

This was quite awesome.
khalek-aeryn chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
"he thinks he might actually cry when their friends interrupt" I think we all cried when they did...*sniff* i know i did :P
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Hi there,

Really beautiful chapter...I loved it...loved...

'He’s got nothing but time. For her...He’ll wait'

Ger
DaLiza chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Very well written. Excellent job!
BBSHIPPER1 chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Cupcakebean - I absolutely LOVE your work (i read all you stories) and this one is no different. You captured Booth's anxieties well and I really feel this story offered the stream of conciousness that he would have leading up to that awful interruption on ep 5 of season 5...keep at those keys!
standing-in-the-doorway chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
This is great. Very well written.
a2zmom chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Great look at Booth's thoughts.
Sheytune chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
I love this line:

"All this time, he’s been afraid that kissing her would end up hurting him. Who knew it was not kissing her that would hurt like hell?"

Also, I like the idea that Brennan is doing an experiment on him by dating Sully, Jared, and Hacker. :)