Reviews for That Which We Have Loved
Ricorum Scaevola chapter 39 . 1/9/2014
Well, over the last 2 hours I just read this very nice story. Well done. I was a little disappointed about the ending, but I see that it had to be with how you had laid it out. All in all, good job.
rarmaster chapter 39 . 8/27/2012
What? Did I never review the last chapter?
Sorry about that!
I have to say, you really did a wonderful job with this story! I'm not a big fan of the ending, but that's only because it's so open ended and I just hate open ended things. That's just my personal opinion, though, and it's fine that you wrote the ending this way; you wrote it wonderfully!
Besides that, that's really it...
(sorry for not being able to come up with something more thoughtful...)
CreativityFail chapter 39 . 6/26/2012
Awesome story! LOVED IT! You should do a sequel maybe one with Link eventually coming back? But I loved it and I so would've regretted not reading it cause of it's length. Good work! I haven't read a story this good in a while! Hope to see a sequel! :P
CreativityFail chapter 30 . 6/26/2012
Finally nearly finished reading! Whenever my mum makes me do something I always do it quickly cause this story is just so mind blowing and AMAZING! Good job and I'll review at the end for my TOTAL view of the story. I hope It's good! :)
CreativityFail chapter 20 . 6/25/2012
Again another ten chapters... just BRILLIANT! Can't wait to review at the next ten and then finally at the end! Great work you definitely made this part of the story just how I thought you would! :)
CreativityFail chapter 10 . 6/25/2012
AWESOME STORY! It's long though :( but to make a great story like this it has to be lengthy! Good job so far and I hope the next 29 chapters will be as good as the first ten! And i'm gonna start saying Marin as MAH-reen. You're right it does sound more mystical!
rarmaster chapter 23 . 6/5/2012
Your note at the end of this chapter made me laugh. I know exactly how you feel. I have a rough idea of where I'm going in my story: I know plot-points I must hit, but my characters fill in all the rest. My story is in their hands, and they enjoy every moment of it.

It is, truly, a baffling way to write.

But I think it's a thrill.

What can make writing more fun that not knowing exactly what happens next? It's just like reading a story, except you can (hopefully) talk a character out of doing something.

Anyway, enough of my ranting...

Wonderful work, as always! Your writing is so brilliant that it almost reads like a real Zelda game. Except... Link talks and there's more depth to every character. It's wonderful to read. I may have been avoiding fanfiction other than my own for a while now, but I am glad I picked this one up.

Wonderful work, keep writing, and please, when I finally catch up, don't decide that you aren't going to finish this.
rarmaster chapter 8 . 5/30/2012
Ahh Here I thought "39 chapters! This won't take long!"

Your chapters, however, are much longer than my standards for chapters. Not that that's a bad thing, or anything, don't get me wrong!

However, as much as I love this and settling down into Hyrule again, I have to put it on hold for tonight, and get back to writing my own story, which is sadly far away from the Realm of Hyrule.

Maybe if inspiration hits, I'll write more Zelda fanfiction. Or attempt to finish the one I started. Something.

Anyway, not that you really care, I'm feeling rambly tonight.

Good work though! I will certainly pick this back up again, as soon as I have more time!

You write Hyrule beautifully. Do not apologize for spending so much time on its culture. It's something that many authors need in their stories, and I myself am at fault for lacking it, too!

Ah, enough rambling. Keep writing! This is certainly one of the better fanfics that I have read!
Hylius chapter 39 . 3/9/2011
Having just finished this, I must say to ignore my comments on the first chapter (at least the ones about content). Having fully read it, I see why the changes were made. I must apologize, I see so many people who don't know the story about those games and yet write about them, and it just frustrates me.

This story was very well written, and there were many confusing parts (the "I want to read over it again to figure it out" kind). The ending was a bit of a twist, but given all the hints throughout the story, looking back I should've seen it coming a mile away. Overall, a really enjoying story, rich in many aspects, with very good grammar and spelling overall (something that seems to be at a premium some days).
Hylius chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Excellent beginning chapter, it already has me hooked onto the story. A good combination of clarity and confusion, giving enough detail yet leaving enough to the imagination. Basically, a good balance.

However, the nerd in me must ask/point out something. Given the description, I'm assuming the previous quests described were Zelda I and II, and there are some discrepencies. I'm not talking timeline stuff here (there's no right or wrong answer to that,) but about the stories themselves. In Zelda I, Link finds the pieces of the Triforce of Wisdom, not Courage. Also, the Zelda in Zelda II was the original Princess Zelda that all future Hyrulian princesses were named after, not the same Zelda featured in Zelda I. If you knew this and changed it to suit the story, that's all well and good (finding the Triforce of Courage makes more sense, and the idea of two Zeldas existing at the same time is worthy of a story in itself.)

Again, just my inner Zelda nerd speaking out here. These discrepancies, whether intentional or otherwise, do not detract from the story thus far, and I shall read on as soon as I hit this darned submit button.
BlueEyedBeast chapter 39 . 2/4/2011
I want a sequel where they meet each other again and get together, that was the ending I expected lol,

I actually started tearing up at the end. Your an amazing writer, you have tremendous talent, if the names were changed, u could pursue a publication, if you did, I would buy it (in hardcover edition lol) keep it up!
Celeborn00 chapter 39 . 1/14/2011
I liked this story, although it is a little on the mushy side. I think you did a good job with the character interactions, and also creating compelling love interests for both Link and Zelda. I myself am a ZeLink stalwart, so I wasn't thrilled when they ended up separated, but I guess that is life.

The weakest part of this story for me was the logistics. You employed some clever plot twists that I enjoyed, and I've already complemented your characters, but I found the lack of believability in some of the more practical elements distracting. The movements of the armies, tactics, politics, etc. seemed to be mere afterthoughts to the romance. Zelda is constantly riding around by herself (painfully vulnerable), and the reader never gets much of a sense of what's going on diplomatically between the kingdoms except in the one convenient scene with the creepy ambassador.

I'm also not sure if I understand why Link had to leave. Once his blood was on the ashes, then if he dies Ganon is resurrected, right? Even if it's some other monster in some other land that kills him. But then presumably Zelda could resurrect him by killing Ganon, in the beginnings of a vicious cycle.

I believe I sense a sequel. :-)

Keemchy chapter 39 . 1/13/2011
Amazing. I'm speechless.

Guest chapter 39 . 12/28/2010
Wow this made me want to cry. Their love is unfair. They can never end up together can they? No matter how desperate or painful, it just cant be that way. Id like to say more, but i cant.
ThisSiteHasTalent chapter 39 . 12/25/2010
I've just finished reading This entire story and I have been mesmerized from start to finish. You truly have great talent and if I were an editor, I would proudly publish this story and stories to come. Definatly keep writing your stories and I will keep reading them