Reviews for I Just Wasn't Myself
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
I'll admit that I'm a sucker for anything written in a 'Letter to Maude" formats, but this exceeds all the others.

"Mother, I ate corn dogs" That confession, doubtless in a hushed and baffled voice, was a perfect bomb to drop as you opened opening Ezra's widening spiral down out of control. Bleached gain and a frighteningly large collection of Elvis shirts, Ezra's own helpless perplexity - wonderful.

Nice visual of the four recipients walking through the airport together.

I'm just glad that they figured out what was going on before Ezra found a black velvet portrait of the King for his living room at a flea market.

Thanks for posting this!
boojum chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Different, and good. I swear I could hear Ezra voice as he drafted this.

You had me at "Mother, I ate corn dogs." I could just head the horrified, half-shamed, confidential tone in which this would have been delivered. It was great fun trying to visualize Maude's face as she read this letter.

Many thanks for this little gem.
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
LOL, very cute
Angel Frog chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Okay, that cracked me up so bad. I know, it was actually a semi-serious story, but as soon as I hit "Mother, I ate corn dogs," I was lost.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
'Oh yes, and by the way, I've been possessed.' XD Love the tone.
Marmie1955 chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
This is acute one.
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Oh, this is priceless! You found an amazing situation for Ezra to be in and that is a fantastic mental image of a blond, pieced Elvis wearing Ezra! Good thing he did trust the team and they figured out what was going on; Ezra wouldn't have lasted much longer. It's a great excuse for why Ezra missed Mother's day and it's strange enough to be believable. Loved this and it was a hoot to read! Thank you so much for sharing this here!
SivanShemesh chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
What a letter. I think that you should write a reply to it. I wonder what Maude will write... grin.

Thank you for posting it. Keep writing.

*Hugs & Kisses*

Have a great day/night and keep smiling,

Sivan Shemesh