Reviews for Five Words
bookworm45 chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Angsty, but god!
Jackie chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Okay...let's finish this review since I'm clearly all about not finishing...

anyway, I love that you took the total ambiguity of the scene and made it a. real, b. pretty, and c. total wonderfulness of joy :D It really makes all that crap they threw at us tolerable...okay, so maybe it wasnt horrible, but it wasn't their best work either. You, on the other hand, have done a wonderful job :D Sorry I'm an idiot with computers and sent my review without finishing it.
Lemon Green chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
It wasn't a sickening dizziness, not by any means. Calleigh felt too light for that; she felt almost as if she were floating, her entire being lost within the feelings washing over her in waves. The emotions were much too numerous to name; to even try would exhaust her. All she really knew was the overwhelming lightness she felt – it was as though she'd just woken up from one of her darkest nightmares to find that it was, in fact, just a nightmare.-aw! Eric makes her float :D I love this description though. It's totally something people can relate to (both because of the dream and the overwheming sense of relief) and it's just well-written. I also really like that you addressed the fact that Calleigh had been worrying about this for a long time. The show gave us no background or closure, so it just kind of seemed like Eric was like "Peace out" and Calleigh was like, "Okay, dude." you know?

She'd freely given her heart once before, only to have it shredded and crushed right before her youthful, naïve eyes.-aw :( poor Calleigh

Um...LOVE THIS! So in character for both of them, and I can definitely just picture Eric sneaking his way in. So cute :D It was the philosophy to which she'd clung so tightly, only to have it so intensely challenged by Eric Delko. The barriers she'd placed around her heart were strong enough to withstand the most powerful burst of cannonfire, and yet, all it took for Eric to break through those walls was little more than a smile. With that brilliant, knee-weakening smile, he had rendered Calleigh defenseless, leaving her heart out in the open, free for the taking.

And the new job, new life, leave it all behind thing is perfect. Despite everything, this is a totally relevant fear for Calleigh. I mean, Eric still has a lot to prove for men in general (which kind of sucks, but alas) and with Calleigh's history, she has no reason not to think he would get sick of he (even if he told her otherwise)

With a gentle, outstretched hand, he had waited for her, waited until she was ready to make that final leap. Eric had promised to catch her if only she would fall, and fall she did. From the first embrace, the first kiss, the first time waking up in his arms…Calleigh had fallen for him beyond what she'd ever thought possible. The fluttering of her heart, the butterflies in her stomach – the way he made her feel was unreal, and quickly it became something she wasn't sure she could ever live without. (Gah! This is where I die of happiness! Again, I LOVE it! So Eric and so sweet, and seriously, every time I read this kind of description, I'm like, "Aw...I wanna have a crappy love life so I can meet someone like Eric"

I realize this is super late for a review, but THANK YOU so much for actually taking and making the scene scens
AngieSG chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
OMG! This is amazing! I so truly love it! :D I'm still completely taken by your story. This is one master-piece to make out of a scene on the show. Perfect in every way!
CSIMNCISMentalistCastleBones chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
aw! lov it!
Liphuggers chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Best fic about this episode that I have read. It is so true! I loved it very much! Good Job.
Mariia10 chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
This was amazing! You write Calleigh and her feelings SO WELL(you hear that?) I just might die! Every feeling, every thought, every move, and every detail was spot on perfect. You're so talented! Thank you for sharing this story.

It was perfect : )
Michelle W chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Yay! I was hoping you would do a post-ep, and I was so excited when I saw that it wasn't angst. I really liked that you decided they were still together, because that's what I read into it...although I could just be wishing for tha so much...but alas, I digress. It was a really great story, and you captured Calleigh's feelings so well. I envy your ability to do so, and I absolutely love your writing abilities. You have such talent. :) Great job!
Irishdreamer88 - Shell2005 chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Another amazing story. I was delighted to see this story notification in my inbox this morning, was hoping that my day would go fast so that I could get home to read this. It was amazing. I love how you went through all of Calleigh's thoughts and feelings.

I also love how you didn't base this story on a break up. I really don't think that they've broken up. I'm hoping that when Eric comes back, they'll give us more clues as to what is going on.

This was amazingly written & I look forward to reading more of your work :-D
Marija Magdalena chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Let me start by saying how much I love this:

"The quiet click of the closing door echoed softly through the locker room, ushering in the inevitable sense of solitude that Calleigh had already begun to feel moments before."

Such a wonderful sentence. I always love it how you can say so much in just one line.

Also:

"Calleigh Duquesne had exactly one real fear.

Not failure.

Not being alone…exactly."

That's very, very true. I'm always happy when I read something in your story and think: "OMG, I thought that, too!"

I loved it how you explained Calleigh's past and the heartbreak she went through. It was beautifully written and I enjoyed reading every single word.

Also, the way you wrote about Calleigh's feelings for Eric is just outstanding. This just took my breath away:

"It was the philosophy to which she'd clung so tightly, only to have it so intensely challenged by Eric Delko. The barriers she'd placed around her heart were strong enough to withstand the most powerful burst of cannonfire, and yet, all it took for Eric to break through those walls was little more than a smile. With that brilliant, knee-weakening smile, he had rendered Calleigh defenseless, leaving her heart out in the open, free for the taking."

I don't know enough words in English to express just how much I loved this. Just imagine all the words in the world you'd like me to say and multiply it endlessly.

I have to say one more thing and then I'll finish this long review. :D The moment I read the story, I wanted to read it again and again and again... As I told you many times, you're my absolute No. 1 writer. :D
MomentarySetback chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
I totally envy your ability to focus SO intensely on descriptions of emotions and to have all this insight into feelings. It's so easy to use dialogue to explain things, but here you had none of that; you just wrote this intense evaluation of how Calleigh felt after Eric left and it was amazing. I really, really loved it.

I loved the conflict of her feeling like she was floating after their encounter and simultaneously feeling so alone because he'd just left and because he's leaving CSI.

Then I loved how you reflected back on her past, about *why* this all means so much to her and everything she's been through to be able to feel this way about Eric.

I think this was my favorite part:

"This…was letting go.

Her doubts were silenced; her fears were squelched. Suddenly, there was nothing to hold back the deluge of emotion she'd shielded herself from for…she didn't even really know how long she'd been avoiding it.

And now, she could no longer avoid it.

Didn't want to."

Because it *was* her letting go. She stopped fearing everything and simply accepted that Eric really wasn't going to let her down, that he was going to be there for her, and, finally, that she's in love with him. And the last line was just perfect. I loved this whole thing. I hope the post-eps continue!
DENSI.ItsaLoveStory chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
wow...i'm speechless... this was amazing!
Rosalie Duquesne chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
That was beautiful

so effin depressing...but beautiful nonetheless

and I don't get why ppl think that they broke up because he is leaving

she said that that isn't the only game in town...meaning that their relationship isn't the only game in town

they r still together ppl!

Or is that my optmstic attitude? Lol
Frost Deejn chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Quite a different interpretation of that scene than I had, but very beautifully done. They'd better bring Eric back.
CalleighEric chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Wow...Pretty good. Hopefully the writers will stop being asses and finally let them admit that they love each other.