Reviews for Hear, Say
Kriti chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
oh wow!great stuff!loved ur bella!
CrumblingFool chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Oh I loved this! I adored your take on Bella and Edward, especially once he got talking. And the choice for it to be so dialogue heavy was just done really, really well. So fun!
chele681 chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Such a refreshing departure from the norm. Very fun.
sugunary chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
really really enjoyed this! look forward to further endeavors from you.
letmesign chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
This was seriously, SERIOUSLY awesome. I really loved it. I love the stylistic choice of going for almost 100% dialogue. I don't think I have ever seen that done before, and you pulled it off wonderfully. You made me laugh out loud several times. Thank you for sharing!
lisamichelle17 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
I really enjoyed Hear, Say. I liked Bella and Edward's banter. The imprint explanation was great! I would love to see you continue this. Please :-)
the joke is on me chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
This was beautiful. Got my heart all in a flutter. This is such a unique story thread, and I like how you've set it up with distinct conversational dialogues with few filler actions or descriptions of scenery. It's lovely in its simplicity. Absolutely loved this. ( I kind of want more. ;)
ecxe chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
absolutely love this. fantastic!
Sobriquett chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Howdy. Let's get down to business. I have fics to write. XD

So, you say seventeen conversations, and I have to admit, this is not what I expected... Although certainly not in a bad way.

You have no dialogue tags. At first, that is really, really cool. After a while, it's still pretty damn cool. Your pacing is awesome, I'm imagining everything and you've really got my mind going. You throw in those fragment sentences with single adjectives, and I love that.

But then I get confused. I did have a couple of wtf? moments later on. However, I was reading at stupid o'clock, so there was probably more than a bit of exhaustion in there too.

I absolutely adore your ending, to the point that I would hug-smother it if it were tangible. I really, really do love your style here, except for those occasional moments where I had to read back very carefully to find out who was speaking. Perhaps some more of your magic adjectives could fix that?

Oh, and the nicknames - New, Frank, Dimples. It can only work in writing, and I loved that. There was Emmett banter, which is win in itself, and the other characters were confused so there was some dramatic irony (I think) and... it was just good. Nice to be in the know, to get a joke your characters didn't.

I think I was kind of iffy over Edward's heritage. Loved the thing about his eyes - I can't remember the word now, but my stepsister does have eyes like that- baby blue and amber. I'm not really going to criticise, because it was a device and it definitely made the story work, but it felt farfetched. Still, it works, it's cool. Just... odd.

... I had one last point to make, but it's evading me. As a whole, I really did like this. I loved it. Some of the elements were really fantastic, if a little bizarre, but bizarre works. I've written bizarre things too. I beta for a woman who writes superlative mindfucks. The style is lovely, the characters engaging, the story as a whole is excellent.

And I'm being honest. Except for a handful of mini wtf? moments and the heritage thing, it's... perfect. I think.

~ Sobri (:
ivy.and.gold chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
amaze :)
LightStarDusting chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
What a creative and great way to tell a story! I really enjoyed reading this and it's a great first venture in writing. :)

“All my friends call me New.” This whole interaction had me giggling.

Great job!
supers22 chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
I really liked this story - was completely compelled to read after the summary, and then the first few conversations had me hooked. At times it was tricky to navigate who was speaking and I had to re-read sections a little, but of course the idea is centered on the dialogue so there's not much you can do about that. Loved the little descriptions the most, they really added to my impression of the characters.
I'm.Wishing chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
This was a really fun read! There's something to be said for inner dialogue and stream-of-conciousness in fiction, but isn't the dialogue between characters usually so much more interesting to read? I loved your short little explanations of the mood/tone of the conversations, especially at the end when Bella invites Edward in for breakfast... "Bright. Beautiful. Adorable." ... so sweet! Great job on this, and good luck with the contest!
quothme chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Hey there! I found your story posted and wanted to say thanks for the shout out. :) I also like all the changes you made to it since it went through beta. Good stuff. Just have to reiterate that I think you have created a very clever story here. It's particularly difficult to write with only dialogue, and you've pulled it off very well. I also really like your creative twist on having the Cullen boys imprint. Yay! I've author-alerted you, and I look forward to your next story!
LoreliD chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
I thought this was really charming and very creative! Full of really great dialogue and humor. I really enjoyed it and you made me smile :D Good luck in the contest!
219 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 Next »