Reviews for A Long and Weary Way
ninqwestilmen chapter 82 . 1/4
What a wonderful read! Well researched on the events and geography too! Even the title and summary are perfect. It was a long read but I loved every bit of it
GirlFromNorth chapter 82 . 12/19/2017
What an absolutely marvelous story! I cannot hope to write down an adequate review, but the sheer amount of time you must have spent on writing this is astounding - a very lengthy work, and every chapter was a pleasure to read (mind you, it took me several days to read through it, and I'm very happy about that). Thank you so very much for writing and sharing this!
I'm Hermes chapter 82 . 8/26/2017
Wow! What a fantastic read! I can't say enough about how wonderfully written this story was! It had me on the edge of my seat for nearly the whole way. The scenes showing the tender moments and courtship of Aragorn and Arwen was less my cup of tea, but that's my own failing. I'm too much like the kid from the start of The Princess Bride ("Hold it! What is this? Are you trying to trick me? Where's the sports? Is this a kissing book?"). :P I suppose it would be too cruel to deny Aragorn such moments after the trails and trials he faced, but during those moments I couldn't help but think that I was intruding on somebody's very personal business. So really, it's a testament how well written they were!

If you're looking for a subject for a short story, I personally would love to read one from the perspective of Glorfindel, focussing on his unusual nature, so I could better understand what happened to him and how the transition occurs from one life to another. How much of his old life does his memory retain, and is it remembered all at once, or bit by bit? Even just one or two chapters from the perspective of such a richly written side-character would be incredibly illuminating!

Thanks again for this fantastic story! I'm itching to go back and reread The Lord of the Rings now, which is the highest praise I can think to offer! Bravo!
I'm Hermes chapter 81 . 8/26/2017
Aragorn has good instincts, but I'm curious as to what led him to mistrust Isengard so quickly. I mean, he's ultimately right, but it seemed a little odd that he had such strong misgivings when both Elrond and Gandalf know Saruman much better, and Elrond at least has reason to mistrust the White wizard (at least based on the events in The Valley is Jolly which, while not strictly canonical, is still in the same literary timeline as this story). Was it because Aragorn's line has been known to produce heirs that possess gifts of minor foresight?

Very cool to see The Plan begin to take shape in this meeting! I am definitely going to be rereading TLotR after this! I've got the bug again :)
I'm Hermes chapter 77 . 8/25/2017
I can't express how much I love the way that you write Bilbo! So very Tolkienish! Just wonderful!
I'm Hermes chapter 76 . 8/25/2017
:) Good old Bilbo. And it's good for Aragorn to have some time with Arwen too. I will say though, the title had me humming Mary Poppins the whole time I was reading ("When you're with a sweep you're in glad companeeeeeee!") ;)
I'm Hermes chapter 74 . 8/25/2017
Home again! And in the hands of Elrond his remaining ills will be properly seen to! I secretly hope Glorfindel finds the outfit :p
I'm Hermes chapter 71 . 8/25/2017
He needs to get back to Elrond and get that chest/nose checked out.
I'm Hermes chapter 70 . 8/25/2017
A lesson well-learned by the ferryman's son! I will miss the family of Beorn and all those adorable little children! With a dozen chapters to go, I imagine there won't be too much more to trouble them on their way. Except maybe in the high pass. Hopefully they won't run afoul of the Nazg├╗l!
I'm Hermes chapter 68 . 8/25/2017
I'm glad we get to see another stay with the Beorns! Those kids are SO CUTE! I hope Freya is alright.. mayhap there is a need for the King's Hands?
I'm Hermes chapter 66 . 8/25/2017
A beautiful moment near the beginning of this chapter! Seeing that both Gandalf's and Aragorn's capacity for pity and empathy remain intact after everything.. it does a person good :)
I'm Hermes chapter 64 . 8/24/2017
Wow! The Magic of Gandalf and Narya unleashed! It would take a braver being than Gollum not to spill every secret they possessed!
I'm Hermes chapter 61 . 8/24/2017
I am dying for Aragorn to remember Gollum's odd behaviour when they were near the Gladden Fields! About the Birthday! And "I wants it"! *I* rather than his usual *we*! That's the missing piece! That's the tack they need to take!
I'm Hermes chapter 59 . 8/24/2017
Yay! Minardil survives EotR! And has great-grandkids! And good old Faramir! And Gandalf, the old crank, is a welcome sight as well! I'm glad that Aragorn has a friend with him in the Elfking's Hall!
I'm Hermes chapter 58 . 8/24/2017
"Sing hey! for the bath at close of day
that washes the weary mud away!
A loon is he that will not sing:
O! Water Hot is a noble thing!"

Also, Great Elephants! Let the man sleep, Gandalf!
1,166 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »