Reviews for A Long and Weary Way
I got into your writing only recently and it's better than anything I ever imagined fanfiction could be. I'm really sorry to see that you haven’t been here in seven years and sincerely hope that you are alright and will come back someday.
Onch Sing chapter 82 . 10/2/2023
I have to say I read it through. The story works, you did a good job. But having Aragorn turn from a warrior into a weak person throughout the story, both sick and hurt, makes him seem more of a burden than a protector. It really annoyed me and I couldn't finish reading it. Thank you for writing, you did a great job, just my opinion on how weak this whole thing is.
ilvanya chapter 14 . 7/9/2023
I wonder who he was? The captain I mean. Cannot be Faramir, wouldn't he be too young?
firinnish chapter 82 . 6/11/2023
What a fantastic story. This is the first thing I've read after watching the Lord of the Rings movies. It's convinced me I need to read the Lord of the Rings books. What a wonderful character portrayal, and what an inspiration. The love shines in your work.
Guest chapter 82 . 4/26/2023
I've really enjoyed re-reading this 3 fantastic work!
tayburch chapter 1 . 2/25/2023
I clicked on this story due to the amount of reviews, although I must say the summary didn’t grip me—it wasn’t the type of story I was looking for, or expected to like.
But here I am, maybe only two or three days later, having devoured it! Amazing writing, very true in tone as others have noted, a wonderful puzzle piece fitting into canon. I didn’t think a relatively solitary tale of Aragorn and Gollum would be so interesting, compared to stories with more of an ensemble but wow! I found myself on the edge of my seat at times, and often had to say, “relax, you already know how this tale ends.”
Bravo. I will 100% be reading every single story you’ve read!
ALadyAScholar chapter 82 . 2/16/2023
This has to be, without a doubt, not just some of the best fanfic I've ever read, but some of the best writing I've ever read. It's incredible! Tremendously well-researched, compelling, a perfect encapsulation of tone with all the right touches of humour, suspense, and drama.
barus chapter 82 . 12/31/2022
I've just finished this story - many years after it had been written and I simply have to leave a review and a thank you. It was such a beautiful story and it rang so true and it read so much like something Tolkien himself might have written that from now on, for me, this will be what happened just before LOTR. I don't really know how to express what I feel after reading it. It was so rewarding, especially the time in Rivendell - I laughed through the whole chapter about the welcome home celebration. So thank you. I bow before your talent.
sforba chapter 82 . 10/31/2022
A perfect and gripping and heartbreaking TLOTR tale. Your Aragorn is incredibly in character. You fill the gaps between Tolkien stories and your skill is so great that it is like reading a new one from the good professor. Thank you so much for all of your amazing works and the pleasure you give to your readers. And sorry for my bad english, I am french.
Cloaked Horse-whisperer chapter 80 . 8/30/2022
I would be interested in hearing (or reading) a full rendition of "The Flight of the Eagle". It sounds really interesting.
Cloaked Horse-whisperer chapter 67 . 8/26/2022
That was an interesting song about Thorongil. Did you make up the lyrics yourself? If so, then well done.
Cloaked Horse-whisperer chapter 6 . 7/14/2022
That is so sweet that you mentioned Bilbo in this story.

I must say that it amazes me how much your writing is similar to Tolkien's style. It is so...accurate. I find it very enjoyable.
AnbuHawk chapter 11 . 2/17/2022
Oh my goodness this is so good! This is exactly what I was looking for, a pre-lotr Aragorn centric story! What a masterpiece!
Brievel chapter 82 . 8/5/2021
Thank you for this gem. I hope you will forgive me not reviewing each chapter: this story has been my companion through dreary days and sleepless nights, distracted me from drowning depression, kept me awake when I dared not sleep and soothed me to rest when emotions ran too high for peace. Thank you.

This story would make Tolkien proud. You kept faithfully to the language, the characteristics, the very feel of all he created - and yet, you deepened and enriched it yet further. Most impressive indeed.
Flyingmongooseattack chapter 37 . 3/16/2021
your authors note made me laugh out loud. I haven't been reviewing this as I've gone along and that is a real tragedy. but I've definitely been enjoying your tale so far, cheers to another day of me being unproductive at work since I cannot put this down!
1,188 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »