Reviews for A Long and Weary Way
Ysmira chapter 58 . 12/22/2014
This story is amazing. I learned a lot of usefull things about survival. :) And they say you cant learn anything from fanfics :) I hope youll update soon!
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 4 . 11/28/2014
well he has more supplies now in the form of strength of arms and weapons. which should turn out INTERESTING... very interesting.
Artura chapter 58 . 11/20/2014
I have just read this through (in several sitttings) and enjoyed it thoroughly. Very well done!
thebestsigne chapter 58 . 11/9/2014
please update please
moonlightsuneyes chapter 58 . 11/6/2014
Where's the rest? More more mmmooorrreee! please.
Larki13 chapter 57 . 8/26/2014
This is actually a review of Ch58, but apparently I already reviewed it, when I read your story the first time. ;)

Oh, of all the places to stop! I would dearly love to see this continued! At least until he leaves Mirkwood, but perhaps even until he returns to Imladris and tells Elrond, Elladan, Elrohir, Arwen etc of his journey?
Guest chapter 41 . 8/23/2014
Love it! Please write another story soon!
ej chapter 58 . 8/8/2014
am really enjoying this story - looking forward to the next installment greatly.
Guest chapter 58 . 8/3/2014
Aw, just as it gets interesting (Aragorn and the elves) the story halts.
Pol chapter 58 . 7/16/2014
You cannot IMAGINE how overjoyed I was to see you updating this in 2014! I have long adored this story, and thought it had sadly been doomed to remain unfinished, lovely though it is. You have such a wonderful way of writing, you make people feel the weariness, etc., and your original characters are painted as if they are actually individuals, complex rather than types, never shouldering onto the stage. You write in medical terms appropriate to the 'era', which is dang hard to do, and I love that you write the elves not as perfect and all-wise, but as nuanced and occasionally lacking in knowledge, but above all as true beings. And your Aragorn is just awesome. I must also note my delight at your use of interesting words - I enjoy learning a new term like "cruor" which I can now try to add (grossly) to my vocabularly.
Permit me to flail in delight at the story as a whole. Thankyou for the hard work you have put into it, and the effort you have made to craft it. It is thoroughly lovely.
Aikwen chapter 5 . 6/21/2014
This empty pass was misery upon misery. I have nothing to reproach, the writing is brilliant and the images are vivid, as always... or perhaps this is it. In this case I could do with less convincing descriptions. :( First he is doing a highly unpleasant task and fighting an urge to vomit, than uses some dubious means to clean his injuries (*grimace*): and then you „cannibalized“ the shirt, starting the process of him becoming a ragged beggar. And it was not enough, you had to have him run out of water! No, I am not trying to tell you that you should alter your writing style to something more sugary: I can well declare that I prefer sweet stories, but in spite of all the unpleasantness of this chapter, your story is one of few that I can read and reread countless times. I loved the ending and how his not-quite-a-prayer was answered.
Aikwen chapter 4 . 6/18/2014
I tend to skip battle scenes, too anxious about the result, and I had to force myself to read all the chapter four this time. I appreciate the fact that your "stringy bit of man-flesh" :) does not seem like a superman even if he is quick as a stinging insect and I know something about stinging insects firsthand. You were able to make his fighting believable, complete with small details that dont go as expected: like the unintended sound of orcs mail on the ground, loosing a knife and cursing his own stupidity for doing so... this one was familiar. And the foot... I like the depth that this fragment of a memory lends to the story: but I suppose it is better not to know where and when was this another place and another time and what happened there.
On the other side, I would love to know just who taught him the Black Speech: was it Gandalf? "Never before has any voice dared to utter words of that tongue in Imladris, Gandalf the Grey," - so, it would be a possibility and in that case, I would like to see one of the lessons. Or did he learned that tongue from the enemies? How and when?
But what truly disturbed me was that mercy. I like the dialogue, or rather, the interrogation and the fact that Aragorn gained some informations, but provided that I would survive fighting five orcs (which I would not), I would not have done what he did. My fear would be much louder than my conscience. But then, thats why he is the King, I suppose.
Aikwen chapter 3 . 4/29/2014
The third chapter is the first of the dark, grim chapters that I am only able to read and review when the sun is shining outside. Again, the detailed descriptions are very vivid, and the contrast between the beautiful metaphors and the unpleasant reality is impressive (bright red gems on the grayish grime). I loved the slight allusion to Don Quijote (for me at least this is the first name that comes to my mind when I read „imagination“ and „knight-errant“: am I wrong?) The quest of our knight-errant certainly seems quijotic enough. I like it how anxiety transformed to determination when the danger ceased to be something imagined.
The Hare and the Otter chapter 58 . 4/20/2014
Loving this!
Aikwen chapter 2 . 4/17/2014
This second chapter is one of my favorites. For me, the image of the future king quietly mending his cote underlines the true meaning of nobility, easily forgotten by our consumer society. Doing what has to be done, whether it means leading an army into a glorious battle, or, much more often, hunting in mud or repairing clothes... And the dialogue between the two friends is one of the best written descriptions of leave-taking that I have ever read. So many emotions that remain unspoken because there is no need to speak them aloud. Also, I loved Aragorns musings on the possible dangers: "He had long ago learned that imagined horrors were more terrible by far than most misfortunes that could meet a wanderer. Most misfortunes." :) You certainly dont need many words to convey a world of meanings. Alone: so it begins, the via crucis of our almost respectable Dúnadan.