Reviews for Wait For It
bellatrixD chapter 15 . 8/11/2015
Where do I even begin? The beginning is usually best, but I'm not known for commenting (gushing) in chronological order, so I'll generalise this as much as I can.

I don't normally review a completed fanfic that I have not had the pleasure of accompanying throughout it's journey unless it's particularly wonderful in my eyes or does things to my heart. This fanfiction does just that. It's been quite a few years since I've distanced myself from Final Fantasy fanfics, for which I can freely admit I am utterly ashamed of. However, returning to this beautiful piece has, although furthered my dismay at myself for being an idiot, has also warmed my heart...and crushed it. And then warmed it again. And crushed it. Several times. And I've loved every minute of it.

Your realist transition from the unusual adventures in combat and war to everyday home life chores is truly something to marvel over. In my opinion (for I've never experienced this myself but believe I am somewhat of an empathetic) you hit the nail on the head for their journey, both Cloud's and Tifa's. I understand her generous and patient characteristics being pushed so far past the limit that she can't help but break down and weep. But then you make her jump right back up with the vigour only worthy of Tifa and show everyone just how amazing of a heroine she truly is. Your explanations are a wonder to read and so deep and riveting that I cannot help but read it over and over again just to feel that tingle from wholly understanding her.

You explain everything to a dot, allowing us readers to successfully immerse ourselves into this world you have expanded on and understand, something I truly appreciate.

Especially when it comes to Cloud, the unreadable! Finally getting inside of his head is brilliant. You've captured him perfectly. His actions are so relatable, regardless of how idiotic his reasonings are. You've kept to the characters and altered them, grown them, humanely. It's magnificent. His lack of confidence and yet insistence on marrying Tifa because she's the one thing that has always been a constant in his mad life. He was adamant, and yet uncomfortable with it all. It's human! And that is something that I know can be rather difficult, wanting our interpretation of characters to be their best and finally grabbing that happily ever after for themselves. But it's like you said in this final glorious chapter of an equally beautiful story, you cannot have the good without the bad. Life is a precious balance, and overwhelming one state over another only leads to an impractical fictional world.
In this fic, I believe you have perfected it.

All of your characterisations are dead on. I love how you haven't sugar coated Marlene to be a little Princess, or have Denzel fit this mould of what a perfect child should be. As well as the pragmatic adults you've been consistent with the children! Yes, you have matured them, but that's reasonable given their less than normal childhoods.

Tifa's pregnancy, although stereotypical, was something I was really anticipating. Blitzing through your story, I wanted to know how they would handle the news, especially when Tifa was taking the horrid supplements (once again, remaining consistent with her stubborn nature and yet understanding when enough was enough. And Cloud was too cute worrying about her!). I found myself forcing another chapter in, and then another even though I was occupied with something. I was desperate to know. And you concluded it exactly how I knew you would - with the utmost respect, love and realism in regards to the mako.

I could carry on gushing and pointing out every little thing I loved. I WANT to. My mind is a jumble of words, phrases, exclamations of what I want to rant out in this not so little review over my absolute delight at reading this. But I may go overboard and repeat the same adjectives that are sounding mundane to myself right now in comparison to what I feel for this story.
So I conclude this review by thanking you for spending your precious time on sharing this beautiful piece of writing with us. And thank you for making my return to the realm of FFVII fanfiction a hopeful one, although I don't expect there to be a story that surpasses this in my eyes in regards to practicality, verisimilitude, as much as it can be with such delightfully complex characters in a grey world. I only wish I had ventured back into this world earlier to accompany you on this journey and rant and rave in reviews for every chapter. But never mind. I hope this makes up for it.
Thank you. IT'S PERFECT!
(I had to get that out of my system. So not sorry.)
sivdre chapter 6 . 7/28/2015
Oh but my giggling... I loved this chapter! It got the giggles from it like I was 16 again. /i am SO very glad you wrote this!
Keimichi chapter 15 . 5/28/2015
well, that was quite a different type of story from what you usually find in FFVII fandom. I am not usually one for romance type stories (het or no), but I was quite curious after reading your summary. I'm pleasantly surprised to find a quite mature type of relationship in here, a quite nicely done slice of life in this fantasy/combat oriented setting.

So yes, I would like to say you did a good job on this and I enjoyed the freshness it offered.
Keimichi chapter 10 . 5/28/2015
That part about Mrs. Fair was so so sad. As soon as you mentioned Gongaga and Cloud's eyes I knew she was Zack's mother, and that just made reading their interaction so bittersweet. Asdfgh
Twigon chapter 15 . 5/31/2014
First non-gay romance fic involving Cloud I've ever read.

Glad I chose a good one to start with.
guest chapter 15 . 5/6/2014
Wow!i've been reading this fic three times already and it didnt lose its charm!its such a cute story and the characters are well developed!i so love it!more cloti please!
doubLL chapter 7 . 3/2/2014
this chapter. GOSH. someone please make a manga out of this
Blue Aidelle chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Love it!
Interesting :)
Wasuremono Secrets chapter 15 . 1/6/2014
after ups and downs, they finally had their happy ending. i'll admit, i cried a little when i read the final lines. q.q you did great!
aguy chapter 14 . 8/16/2013
My mind was blown when I found out that Tifa was pregnant and I instantly knew that the next chapter isn't(hopefully) the last. You, sir(or miss :D), never cease to amaze me.
aguy chapter 12 . 8/16/2013
I love cloud and tifa in this story. When cloud came back and up to the point before his explanation I wanted to run him through a wall.
damagectrl.07 chapter 15 . 7/5/2013
Beautiful!

I really enjoyed reading this. I like your characterizations of the characters. It was spot on and it felt very realistic to me.

Great job and thank you so much for writing this!
The Super Twins chapter 15 . 5/14/2013
This was one of the most beautiful fanfictions I have read! Just everything about it was amazing, all the problems they had to go through and with all the struggles, it seamed real. Overall this was such an enjoyable read! Your writing it amazing and I loved readi g this so much! And that ending in my opinion was perfect! So Cia was il,l but it was still a good ending showing that they got through everything! I'm glad I read this fanfiction!
MTHumphrey chapter 15 . 4/17/2013
Loved your whole story! Awesome job!
LadyofRealms22 chapter 15 . 4/3/2013
One of my favorite FF7 stories if all time! Had the biggest smile ever as I read the last few chapters! So simply perfect!