Reviews for Games People Play
AA - MamaBirdCat chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
this was just wonderful.. I love how Flint was the voice of reason but it was Scarlett who went all legal..
I thought I'd split when I Scarlett glared over the games cover of her and Duke.. Flint being jealous was priceless and so was his attempts to get Lady Jaye to leave the game to go with him..

you should write more of these..
bugsymutt chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
"Flint started to point out the numerous logical fallacies in that statement, but restrained himself when he caught his lover's expression; he had the unpleasant sensation he was providing her with more entertainment than the game."

LOL! This story is great! I don't know why it took me so long to find it. The dialogue flowed well and drew me in from the very beginning. The very idea of the card game is clever as were the various cards and how they could be played. It has been years since I've watched the movie... I do remember that it was fairly goofy, but it wasn't all bad since it had a catchy theme song and some excellent animation. But still goofy, like some of the regular cartoon episodes. No matter, I'm a Joe cartoon fan, though I prefer the S/SE pairing. Anyway, this was a super fun, very creative story.

And: "Any of the gals, er, girls, uh, ladies, uhm, female Joes would work..." Hahaha... very smooth, Dial Tone.
Hilary Parker chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
That was ROTFLMAO Brilliant!
suspreena chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
ROFLMAO! That was wonderful. Two thumbs up!
Rutga chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
I had forgotten how horrible that movie was until I read this and it brought back the memories. It was a perfect source to parody and you did it well.

On a related note if you are still looking for prompts for stories the "Scrabble Incident of '89" has potential.
Grosbeak chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
"if he saw any tardy rabbits in waistcoats" what the fuck is that shit supposed to mean?
MagD chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Love it! I never caught some of those things in the movie but now that you pointed them out they are stupid.
Hagan99 chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
After you mentioned your other stories I had to check them out. This was great and really well thought out. (I like the Snake-eyes not being popular line and the last line-nice.) I used to race home after school to watch the cartoon as a kid and it made no sense did it. It was always meant to be parodied under the right hand and by george you did it. Thanks for the memories. Maybe a change of the summary description would get more people to read. It's too funny for it not to be just as popular as your other story.
trecebo chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
LMAO! I love good Joe stories and you have a knack for really getting past the 'face' and to the heart of good characters. Loved this parody! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!
ImFanci chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
That was very clever and funny! I certainly enjoyed reading it.
Dromeda chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Hilarious! It's been forever since I last saw the G. movie but I do vaguely remember the things you brought up.
bioteacher chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Wow - THANK YOU THANK YOU! I didn't think you'd be able to take those lines and make any sense of them (and I really did want the last Harry Potter book to end with "scar so I'm glad this story did). What a fantastic story! Just the thing to read before I continue my grading which I have a mountain of.

When I was a kid, I never thought of ALL of the illogical things in the movie, but I did think the snake people were stupid as was cobralalalala. I loved the discussion of the ridiculous snake in the heart non "death" of Duke (too bad it was semi-serious, or you could have brought up Optimus's supposed death from the movie). I also loved how you brought all the ridiculousness of the movie into this game. Great reference to Falcon, Jinx, Zaranna etc. I loved how you brought up Duke/Scarlett vs Scarlett/Snake Eyes (my personal preference).

You kept everyone in character, wrote a great story from Flint's POV and Jaye's (one of the things I loved about the cartoon was their voices - I still hear their voices when I read the comic). I had a pretty crappy day today, and this has completely brightened my evening - THANK YOU! (and I think if Hasbro saw it, they would laugh too - especially the actual people who wrote the movie who didn't want it to be quite so ridiculous)
PhantomEmpress chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Hillarious and well written! Again, you make Flint more likeable and interesting!
Kate chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Brilliant. Simply brilliant. I loved this; I woke my fiance' with my laughing, and he was in the other room.
JoeBratTrinity chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Just when I needed something to take my mind off of math, this comes along. I almost fell out of my chair and squashed the cat, I was laughing so hard. This is good. We need more of it.