Reviews for the gospel of choking on glass
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 11/19
This is a really beautifully-done story. I love how you broke it into a section for each of the senses, and how each section delved a little deeper into Peter's love, jealousy, and regret. You're very skilled in how you actually create a little sympathy for such a hated character; this comes across best in the "smells like" section, where he can't get up the nerve to talk to Lily in the library. He's so endearingly nervous there (a bit reminiscent of young Neville) and the glimpse of Alice is a nice touch, too.

The "feels like" section is similarly good in actually making me angry at James. When you described him "bowing and bragging," he really did sound just like the cocky prat that Snape always described him as. (And speaking of Snape, I'll admit that I lol'ed a bit when I read Peter/Lily, thinking, between Snape, James, and Peter, who wasn't in love with that girl?)

My one complaint would have to be the final words, "dead girls with maggots writhing in their ribcages," because it felt kinda melodramatic/over-the-top. Overall, though, really wonderful work!
BlueberryPapercuts chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Powerful! I'm mindblown.
heygodcomplex chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
oh. um. this is absolutely fantastic.
deathpale chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
That was intense! I really liked it even though I don't like the pairing much. Beautiful piece.

iMissHP chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
wow, just wow. I'm glad you recommended me that story. I rarely (never) read Peter stories, but yours is really amazing. In a way it kinds of justify canon.

It reminded me a little of Snape, with the unrequited love and James in the picture. But the tone of your fic, the thoughts of your Peter make him so unique. Almost likable.

This is a brilliant fic, I loved it!
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
This is great, one of my favs I'd say. The last line especially is particularly powerful because the ending words are so strong: there's no painting over the fact that Lily's dead.
insaneprincess chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Oh, my god.

So, I've never even thought of this couple.

But this, is BEAUTIFUL.

Th format, and the subtlety and the sadness and the beauty. It's incredible. Amazing, amazing story.
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
I love Peter's characterization, the incorporation of the five senses, and the repetition of (lily) after the first and last "pieces". The title is pure genius, too.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
A great story. Very well written.
CherryFlavoredChalk chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
It's difficult to explain how astonishing this piece is, Kelsey. Like, really difficult. I think my favorite part of this is the bit about James and Lily being damned regardless...I've got a feeling (Oohh-oh. How inapproriate. This is not the time or the place for Black Eyed Peas. D:)that most people would try to change Peter's part. They might be all "Oh, tee-hee, my name is Pettigrew and I secretly saved Lily but I let James, that bastard, hang 'cause I wanted his woman". But that's not how it went, it really isn't.

Applause, applause (& ). I'm so glad you're back. I missed you, quite terribly.

Much love.
thelightningstrike chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Oh gosh, how powerful. That was really, really wonderful. I love unrequited love and you wrote it so flawlessly. A really stunning piece.
laratoncita chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Wow. This is really, really good. I love how it's in a kind-of dictionary format (right? Or am I just seeing things?)

Anyway, its a wonderful piece, how its not QUITE Lily alone (other things too, when it's really his fault for not speaking up).

Love it!