Reviews for Silver and Gold
Ameerah al-Azim chapter 5 . 12/20/2012
Love it
delumacar chapter 10 . 3/13/2005
Great story. I love Celeborn and Galadriel and there are just so few stories about them. Update soon or do a sequel, please.
Finduilas of Dorthonion chapter 10 . 6/30/2004
I simply adore this story. I'm a big Celeborn and Galadriel fan myself and Silver and Gold was one of the first good fics I've read.

I think you should continue adding, rather then making a sequel. The ending really wasn't concrete enough, at least for me, for you to end it there.

Hope that helps and you update soon.

Hiro-tyre chapter 4 . 6/23/2004
Whoa. I like this too. Not because I'm addicted to pain, or anything... (I SWEAR I'm not)... But that's very deep. Kudos for profoundity!

Hmm... well, I maintain that I tend to see Celeborn as a real warrior, but this version is not wholly unpleasant.

Only one real plot error, and it may not count, since the error may be perpetuated in canon: If Morgoth doesn't know where Doriath is, and if orc patrols are that frequent, shouldn't Morgoth eventually realize that a whole bunch of patrols are disappearing in roughly the same area? I'm not terrifically certain of this, but I think that the Girdle of Melian more just confused the orcs and sent them somewhere else, rather than letting them through (or having patrols outside the barrier picking off patrols) to be killed.

But on with the show, and let me once again assure you that I don't hate you for errors, I like this fic, please just attribute the criticism to my perverse sense of satisfaction.
Hiro-tyre chapter 3 . 6/23/2004
Oh, I DO love this. No complaints. Not precisely my picture of Celeborn, but lovely none the less.

Of course, I've hitherto only really been exposed to Marnie's "Oak and Willow," which is rather different, ne?
Hiro-tyre chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
I'm going to do it again... although this does promise to be good, and I rather like it...

Luthien is, if not older than her, definately not that much younger than her. I believe that they were both born at roughly the same time, while both Beleriand and Valinor were at peace. I shall refrain from the illogicity of Luthien thinking Galadriel quite gorgeous, since Luthien is reportedly the most beautiful creature to ever grace the whole of Arda, even from childhood.

Despite all the nitpicking that I'm doing, I really do like the stuff you write. It has a lovely charm that most 'lil fics don't quite have.

I shall avoid pointing out that Finrod's name should be Findarato, since you are plainly not employing the original Quenya.
wellduh chapter 4 . 1/21/2004
That's an interesting truth. Orcs are living creatures. I don't think they exactly *like* being enslaved at birth.
wellduh chapter 2 . 1/21/2004
"It was just too easy to stare at the shiny things across the dinner table."
You'd expect deeper thoughts from Galadriel, but there you are. I agree with her.
soccerdork20 chapter 10 . 6/7/2003
keep adding. i like your story so far so keep adding.
MB chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
This story is one of the few great Celeborn/Galadriel stories!

Although I would like to point out that when Finrod and Galadriel first arrived in Doriath Galadriel would have been called Artanis or Altariel. Tolkien states in the Book of Unfinished Tales that it was Celeborn who gave her the name Galadriel.

Otherwise, good job! Hope you write another one in the near future! _
Gemgold chapter 10 . 2/11/2003
Hands down the best Galadriel-Celeborn story here or anywhere else (despite minor errors like little Luthien). Totally believable characters, dialogues many professional authors could be proud of, profound discussions - this just feels right!
Isa chapter 10 . 1/22/2003
I think you should keep going with this story.

Not only is it great, but also, there are so very few Galadriel/Celeborn fics!

Yours is one of the best, so keep it up!
Mal3m chapter 10 . 12/25/2002
Beautiful story! I just read through it for the first time, and I am quite impressed. I love the way you portray the relationship between Finrod and Galadriel-The way they care for each other is endearing and heartwrenching. I also love the character you have developed for Celeborn. It's very vivid (and contrasts well with Galadriel's). I think it's great how I can picture this whole fic playing out in my head. I can't wait for more chapters/sequels! Nice work.

~Madeleine
fae chapter 1 . 12/16/2002
PLEASE update! its very good :)
Lady Silma chapter 10 . 12/10/2002
You have to write a sequal or continue this story. It's fantastic. There are not enough stories out there that focus on members not of the fellowship. Keep writing and I look forward to seeing more.