Reviews for Flight
OakeX chapter 1 . 1/3
This is also my favourite story which you have written. It is neck-and-neck with 'Bivouac'. I mean, I can't even describe why it's good. I can't pinpoint any certain ideas, or styles of writing, or specific sentences which make me like it so much. I just... do. It's just... great. I love it. Brilliant.
crownoflaurel chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
The guilt is lovely. I adore Holly and her cat.
tiffanytifflespotterzheng chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
so beautiful. so eloquent
Rava1 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I would like to say that I came back to FanFiction after more than a year just to hunt this story down. It took some time, but was just as good as I remembered it to be.
XxEviexX chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Wonderful concept! God, I'm so in love with your writing, it's insane. Perfect job! It's so Holly to run away, but come back.
Emily chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Cute. Poor kitty.
wolfraven80 chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
There was nothing to read so you had to go and write it yourself? Heh. That's what we all do, isn't it? You just do it faster. And better most of the time too. ;)

The whole section about the cat was heart-wrenching, because it's true that they want you to stay and don't understand why you leave every day (my cat is old and wily; she resorts to bribing me with purring and reaching out after me with her lovely white front paw). The way you make an analogy between that emotion and the parting with Artemis was beautifully done. But of course I especially love the ending, that Artemis is her home that she has to return to, the smile she catches and keeps – lovely!
TheQuixoticKid86 chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
This is kind of cute. Kind of sad.

Is Slightly a reference to Peter Pan? (If so, that's awesome!)
avatarmirai chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
I absolutely love your writing. A couple errors here and there, but who cares? Anyway, I was wondering why on earth she was talking about a cat until I suddenly realized the transition to Artemis in the end. It wasn't forced at all and it ran so smoothly, and at the end I felt like I had been tricked (except in a really good way!).

One-shots and shorts are my favorite type of stories. I don't have much stamina or interest in long stories with loads of character development, so I like the ones that simply observe or point out things I've never seen before.
Kitsune Heart chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Are you threatening me? ARE YOU THREATENING ME! Because, if you are, "write or I'll write myself" is possibly the worst threat EVER. I mean, I'm sitting next to my future mother-in-law while she blasts Rush Limbaugh, possibly making myself late to hit the post office and pick up my books/vampire teeth so I can read this before work. So...poor threat to say the least.

So, onto the ACTUAL story!

"I know humans find pets comforting and cuddly but, trust me, animals get a lot less comforting when you can understand what they’re saying.": Hehehehe...there is a special reason I'm so amused at this. Glad you think so, though.

Oh...wow. That is so essentially sad, yet it lifted me back up at the end. The mirroring of Artemis and Slightly's words is perfect. So child-like (or cat-like?), but designed to cut deep.

I'm thinking more of puppies than cats as you write this (although Artemis really is more cat-like), but that's just a small detail.
Liris chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Lol, comparing Arty to a cat is brilliant.

Everything you write is always amazing. POV things are hard to do, always, and you pulled it off well. Love it! Is it bad that I'm kinda hoping nobody writes anything now? I wanna see more of these!

Liris

x
Name On The Spine chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Is that a promise? "Don't write, and Lli will write freaking awesome one shots". Is that a PROMISE? *vows not to write anymore*

But, this is really good. Really IC, too. I also loved the way you made the cat. The cat is perfect. THIS is perfect. I didn't catch any grammar, but isn't that a good thing? If this is your crappy mid-night one-shot, please, continue writing them :3
elusivespycrab chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Very nice. Reminds me of me and my dog last year when me and her were the only ones in the house and I had to get to the bus stop.