Reviews for The Broken String On Your Guitar
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
Isnt it interesting though that Jake never wanted to be Bella's fairytale. Never tried to be. He wanted her to live her life to make mistakes, to fall down and pick herself up. Hene ver tried to overwhelm her with tricks or his power. Edwards love was..controlling, manipulative and overwhelming. Jakes love was nothing like Edwards and that was a beautiful thing He simply wanted Bella to live, even after all the cruel nasty things she did to Jake he would not abandon her. Bella so selfish so self centered..could never see that Jake NEVER even tried to be that a fairytale- he understood a great many things at such a young age. Bella simply through all that away - fpr what turned out to be pixie dust.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
Bella KNOWS she made the wrong choice, her inner asshole, that part of her that wanted to think life and love should be like those books she read, tragic & obsessive ( realizing far too late that they where not stories about how love should be rather than warnings about how it SHOULD NOT be) would never really allow her to admit it. What she has isnt life and eventually she would come to know that. She is simply marking time until the end...AND SHE CERTAINLY DID not GET TO KEEP IT ALL. Far from it.
She will exist for a very long time but she will NEVER live.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Bella did this to herself and everyone around her. She was a coward totally unable to accept life on its own terms. In the end she destroyed a lot of lives in her selfishness. She got to have it all? Sounds to me more like she got what she wanted, she just didnt want what she got. and as per usual with Bella it was everybody else's fault, not hers. Jake never wanted to be anyones fairytale, he loved Bella and simply wanted to make a life together with her. He never wanted forever, never wanted a fantasy. Bella could have had more life, done more living and had far more happiness with Jake in a short mortal life, then she ever did existing forever as a sparkly. Bella spent to much time believing that love was supposed to be like those books she read, never understood that they where really warnings about unhealthy obsession. In the end Bella deserves all she feels. You reap what you sew.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
May Bella live in torment and pain forever. Jake loved her with a pure heart. But Bella selfish cow that she is, was far too much of a coward. She destroys every single thing she touches.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
This is pretty much exactly what I imagined would happy after the end of Breaking Dawn... Great story!
Foreverer a day chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
That's Bella. Selfish and self-centered to the end. She made her choice and now when she sees its not all popcorn androses she wants to blame it on anyone but herself. I mean she even screwed her own kid over. This is kind of what I always thought would be the results of her being changed without really thinking things through. Bella never wanted to discuss the downsides of being a vampire. To her it was always about looking good and running fastShe gave up everything good and warm and true in her life for immortality. She did it because she was a coward and thought she could avoid the messiness of life. and she really got nothing worth having (including Edward) in the bargain. Forever is a LONG TIME to have those kind of regrets. Its along time to live with the words - WHAT IF.
ZenBall1878 chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Now that...was great! Although I am a fan of Jacob and Ness, I don't mind Bella and Jake.
prisonerofsasskaban chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
This is why I hate the whole "forever never gets old as long as you love the one you're with" thing that Twilight just repeats and repeats until it gets old too.

NO. Life is much more precious and meaningful just because you know that in sixty or seventy or eighty years you will most definitely be dead. There will be no one left to remember you in a few decades. People are meant to change as time goes on, physically along with everything else. Nothing stays perfect for forever, things have to change, and that's why I love this. Time passes so quickly for Bella (a paragraph or two and Jake and Nessie have already been married for thirty years) because it means nothing to her, nothing is changing, and that's not the way life is meant to be.

Really makes me hate the whole series in general. (Of course, I already hated Nessie to begin with.) Meh.

But I love this, don't get me wrong.

Immortality is just stupid.
Zayide chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Its so messed up!

but I love it!

This one needs to be pushed into more of a story...leaves me with too many questions...

What's Embry play or role in this story? how come she is so happy when their...hook up...destroyed their family single handedly? How was Jacob able to break the imprint (did it even break)?

way too open ended...but catchy...good job.
GogoGirl chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
I always loved "forever isn't as cracked up as it's supposed to be" stories. It was sad, but it was also wonderfully insightful. There wasn't just regret but an clear and well thought out reason why the regret should be there. The consequences of her choice will follow her...forever, literally forever, and that's perfect. So yay.
sahlamari chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Absolutely fantastic. And really could happen. Someone could relly be tired of forever. And of all of that perfection. And how could anyone forget they were once loved by Jacob?
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
A great story. Very well written.
jkane180 chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
So depressing and so fucking perfect!
wordslinger chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Wow. I gotta say, I rarely read T-rated fic. Just a personal preference, and I almost didn't read this. I'm so glad I did. A fandom bestie & I have had so many late night, and wordy discussions on the subject of this fic. How Bella never really let Jacob go, she just sort of stuffed her feelings for him away, and we wondered how she'd deal with the Nessie situation when the time came.

This is an excellent portrayal of how that might have gone down. I love how Bella grasped why the Cullens did what they did, and how she accepted that Jacob would get tired of eternity one day and be able to experience everything she didn't get to.

I thought you did a great job of pointing out how, at 17, immortality looks awesome. But as the years roll by, it's not as great as it looked on the package.

I could go on & on. Seriously. Great job.
The Ryuu Victoire Tea Party chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
OOF!

this was a tough read, but it was rather amazing.

Good stuff.