Reviews for TCOT Returning Relative
dellawannabe chapter 20 . 10/12/2015
Loved it! Great suspense, very romantic. Just wondering how they worked out the could-Della-still-work-for-Perry-as-his-wife issue.

Also, did she "use" Ben? She denies it, but did she? Is that supposed to be ambiguous for the reader?
Part of me couldn't believe she would kiss him if she were in love with Perry. Maybe vulnerability could lead to her failing to avoid his initiative-taking good-night kiss, but would she go into his house and stay there to make out with him? I know that part was important for the alibi part of the plot, and the jealousy angle, but I was unconvinced that Della would do that. Even if she likes Ben. Maybe I'd buy it if she and Perry hadn't ever acknowledged their love before this, hadn't made love. Even though they resolved to put that behind them (to preserve their working relationship, I assume) she wouldn't have stopped belonging to him in her heart enough to canoodle with Ben, I don't think...My only qualm.

I love when Perry rescues Della. That rarely happens in the TV series. Very good rendering of Perry jealous and Perry protective! One quibble: shot guns shoot shot, not bullets. The shotgun shot is in shells of specific gauges. Rifles shoot bullets of a specific caliber. Sorry to be such a fact fiend.
kouw chapter 20 . 10/6/2015
Holy shit... okay. This is unexpected. Very unexpected indeed.
kouw chapter 19 . 10/6/2015
I'd be having nightmares too - Della's been through some shocking things and pile some pregnancy hormones upon those it's a sure-fire way of getting terrible nightmares. But she's told him. In a very un-Della-esque roundabout way. She must have been so terribly worried to not just have come out with it.
kouw chapter 18 . 10/6/2015
Oh good she'll make it. That is a great relief and oh Perry you are good. You are a good man. I think Aunt Mae knows. And then there's a confession, all in good Perry Mason style. Well done you!
kouw chapter 17 . 10/6/2015
Plot twist done right. Absolutely so well done - I am in awe of you!
kouw chapter 16 . 10/6/2015
Ghaaaaaaaaaahhh this is killing me!
kouw chapter 15 . 10/6/2015
Okay now I am scared. This is worrying.
kouw chapter 14 . 10/6/2015
Oh Paul - I adore you. You are the best sidekick ever.
And Della knows... and what's more Aunt Mae knows. And it's going to be a problem... Oh my heart... And then someone is picking her up? Please let it be Perry...
kouw chapter 13 . 10/6/2015
Okay - well this is a plot twist I didn't see coming and I love it. It is going so fast suddenly! I love it. It's a really great story - I should be working, instead I am reading and reviewing and that's more rare than you'd think :)
kouw chapter 12 . 10/6/2015
I am rather relieved to find Della in bed with Perry. I am not very relieved about what she may have found under those floorboards...
kouw chapter 11 . 10/6/2015
Pauline... well. That is an interesting turn of events. Very selfless. Very... odd. And I just don't like Ben - I know I am not supposed to and it's okay. Oh and Della my love. well - we know now, don't we. You poor thing. Excuse me while I cry a bit for her. And please be careful girl! before it's you who gets hit with that poker!
kouw chapter 10 . 10/6/2015
You are turning up the pace! I like the way Della is so wholly herself through all of it, but also quite confused. I don't think she is in love with Ben, tbh. I do think things are very complicated though. Also, I have a pretty good idea that Ben is going to be the next one to die.
kouw chapter 9 . 10/6/2015
Oh Della... your coffee is too bitter? That's not like you. I don't like these little hints at all... oh honey... *hugs for Della*
ANYWAY! Pauline is so interesting, I love the way you give us just enough. It's amazing.
kouw chapter 8 . 10/6/2015
There's nothing like a bit of sibling fighting to get the blood pumping... but Ian is being stupid. Mae on the other hand... I don't know. She isn't telling everything she knows, I think. She might be protecting Ian. And Della... I will have to go back to the start, but that stomach of yours... it has me a little worried...
kouw chapter 7 . 10/6/2015
Oh I like this a lot. I like that Della doesn't think about calling him twice and that he doesn't think about coming to her aide twice. I like that they have their usual banter, but with a little bit of an edge to it. I like that Ben and Perry dislike each other immediately. But now I also think that perhaps - maybe... Ben isn't about Della at all. Maybe he has been about Ian all along...