Reviews for Your True Colors
readicted chapter 25 . 6/5
I loved this fic. I probably wouldn't have chosen to read it based on the summary alone, so I am so very appreciative that Rita (RobAttack) zveka both rec'd it to me. I would've missed out on a really great story. Thank you for your words and for your commitment, as I see this story took some time to be marked complete. I love your writing, and you have a lovely, soulful voice.
readicted chapter 24 . 6/4
Jazz and Eric. I like it.
readicted chapter 21 . 6/4
I. Love. Alice.
I. Love. Alice!
That is all. Happy Annie and Edward are not enemies. Even happier that they are both okay. Maybe both even better and stronger than before. They both found an important part of themselves as a result of that awful confrontation. For sure Edward has found a confidence and he was able to back himself down from the black.
readicted chapter 20 . 6/4
Ho-LEE-shit! OMG. Edward is right, he deserves more. I abhor domestic violence so I completely understand Annie's reaction to his violent and scary af outburst. Edward is unpredictable and scary, but Annie knew that. She'd been well warned, thoroughly advised and yet she continued on knowing she was kind of toying with this boy's emotions. Yes, he's a grown ass man, but the emotional maturity is not equal to hers. It was a fragile and precarious situation. I was afraid for him when he realized that she wasn't interested in a long-term relationship with him. It all got so intense so fast. Poor Annie is probably as confused as Edward is. She definitely cares more than she's ready to accept. She's right, she never promised him more. But then again she got rid of her coach and redecorated her bedroom to create a safe place for him. That screams hope for something more certainly gave a sense of hope for more. I can't even get all the way angry with Tom. She never gave Tom the courtesy of a private explanation. He behaved in an ugly, prick-y manner, like an angry, jilted lover dumped without warning or reason. So yeah, he was a total ass and probably deserved a punch in the face, but he still was treated a bit unkindly by Annie. I feel...conflicted. I can see a bit of fault all the around this complicated triangle. Or cube, since even Law bares some fault here. Sigh. Love.
readicted chapter 18 . 6/4
Loved Lu and Alice. Great characters.
readicted chapter 17 . 6/4
Oooh. He did it. And then he cried. I ago he how much he needed that release. Actually both releases. The physical and emotional.
readicted chapter 16 . 6/3
Btw, you completely caught me off guard with Edward's diagnosis. I've never heard of the condition.
readicted chapter 15 . 6/3
Guess I was right to be skiddish about the q&a game. Just didn't expect it to cause a meltdown on the very first question, and that question in particular. Wow. And meeting Law didn't turn out quite like either of them planned. Yikes. This got ultra intense.
readicted chapter 14 . 6/3
I'm nervous about the q&a game. This could either be really great or really, really bad.
readicted chapter 13 . 6/3
Woohoo way to do that, Edward! I laughed and really appreciated that FOR ONCE in fiction someone finally, finally says the the kitchen counter is too high. Yes! Edward definitely has some domineering sexual instincts, at the same time he's not in the power position (being younger, inexperienced and the one talking about love.) I love that neither is afraid of talking. They're quite honest with each other. Edward is actually quite fortunate that his fist time is with an older, more experienced, patient, caring, sexually confident woman.
readicted chapter 12 . 6/3
Yeah, the guilt and regret was bound to surface. Edward is so adorably post-coitally blissed out nothing's ruffling his feathers. How did Annie (ha! Annabelle)walk herself right into that gf question trap? Another clue, panic attacks. Maybe that backpack is related. He used to have panicked attacks, the girly bag...did something happen to him when he was a bit younger. The bag could belong to a sister. He's with his uncle instead of parents. A car wreck or some other traumatic event that resulted in the loss of his family. Oh no.
readicted chapter 11 . 6/3
Well Edward is brave. He knows what he wants. He wanted to try. It was...sweet. Not unrealistically mind blowing, but a bit tentative, tender, and unselfish. I liked it.
readicted chapter 10 . 6/3
Wow. Okay. This is a serious situation. LAW is putting a great deal of faith in a stranger, but he clearly communicated the seriousness of the situation, while allowing Edward to exert his desire to stay. He's diabetic and all Annie has in her fridge in soda. Yikes. You psyched me out, I thought dripping wet Edward was going in for a hot, passionate kiss against the door, and next thing I know he's going into hypoglycemic shock on the floor. And oh! She read his...diary. He keeps a diary. Sweet. Well not sweet that she peeked, but it was practically beckoning her.
readicted chapter 9 . 6/3
Oh crap! That went all kinds of wrong. Well he left his polka-dotted bag so she'll see him again. He's mentioned or started to mention colors or auras a couple of times. Is there some significance with that? Does he sense how people feel through their auras or something. Even with Carlisle, he sensed something. Btw, I literally laughed out loud when I finally realized what a 'budgie' is. You don't want to know what I thought 'Carlisle, the budgie' was. Gotta get my mind out of the gutter. I first realized that I must be way off base when Annie told Edward he could come up and meet Carlisle.
readicted chapter 8 . 6/3
I'm still trying to figure out Edward's deal. He's sweet and earnest. There's an innocence and purity about him. He's intelligent and intuitive, just not abstract at all, so I'm still thinking Asperger's although I'm still thrown off by him altering his train routine so quickly. Whatever his situation is, he is sweet. I feel protective of him too. A good foot message is life. I don't think Edward is going to like James very much.