Reviews for Bane Of Cain: A Ciaphas Cain Story
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 5/6/2017
you write cain well, nice mix of humor and questionable courage
JenniferJ chapter 1 . 11/26/2016
You've got a wonderful take on Cain here and I've just loved reading this story.
Izzyaro chapter 1 . 8/26/2016
I'm very impressed by how well you've captured the feel of the Cain stories. All your characterisations are excellent, even Amberley's footnotes, and your original characters are very amusing. Nice job with this, well done.
dragon145 chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
A nice story that manages to capture who Cain is and still makes him out to be AWESOME! Good job.
Roxana chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Okay...we've got Johnny Depp as a crazed Inquisitor; a Firefly reference (pilot Hoban); Several 'Pirates of the Caribbean references and of even a 'Highlander' reference. :D
Hitokiri Onib chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Hmm question. Was Volcano Drake(Snicker) corrupted before or after getting swallowed? Because he seemed to be more of a follower of Gork and Mork(more Gork), Due to gloryhogging and DAKKA rather than Khrone(who also hates fire arms).

Loved it.

Laterz.
_
Full-Paragon chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Good stuff, I think you captured Cain perfectly.
Morgaur chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Brilliant. Can hardly contain my laughter.
Well done!
BioD42 chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Certainly a rollicking tale, but I get the distinct impression that our more comely Inquisitor was slightly inebriated when writing the first half of her notes, at least. "Extra heretical" is not a phrase I can imagine her saying in many other circumstances.
Yikari chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Hi!

Well, the last scene had me almost thinking the whole debacle would be resolved WIZZOUT DE POWAR OF ROCK! Thankfully, I've been mistaken.

This fic goes on quite a bit more than mere 'cracky', but it was an enjoyable ride nonetheless - thanks to the author!

Good luck!

Yikari.
templar627 chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Besides, wanting to stop an Inquisitor? That's extra-heretical! Great story, really loved it, any more and I would just be quoting the entire story.
Sonnengott chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Thanks to the search function I found this fic and - it's awesome. You capture the character and writing style of the Cain novels perfectly!

And Jurgen gets two songs on the concept album. Simply great. Love the whole thing, same with Emperor's Ward.
Sammy Holzbein chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Hilarious! It's just crazy enough to really having happened to Cain. I guess not everyone can boast that they've brained an Inquisitor with a guitar.
Commanderjc chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Great job- very close to the original style, and Amberley's snarkier than ever.

And there's a Cain-everything, isn't there? A Cain town, a Cain music album, a Cain cult...
Rogue Vector chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Brilliant.

Drake was definitely an interesting character, and the loss of Jurgen's melta sounded more like losing a dear pet than a weapon.

another wonderful fic from you, Pen.