Reviews for Naruto: The Abyssal Defender
ethan chapter 5 . 3/10/2014
I saw you have not updated in a long time I hope you start again soon I liked it so far. if you do I would love the snake becomes naruto's partner plez
SaucyHandles chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
You should keep writing this! :D please
ArchAngel-Kagome chapter 5 . 3/29/2013
I can't wait to see more of the story..
Guest chapter 5 . 2/22/2013
supert history
MisteryMaiden chapter 5 . 12/12/2012
Aw, I wanted to read about Kakashi meeting team seven... sigh, update soon!
Ppsh chapter 4 . 4/20/2012
Once again in this chapter, great writing tainted by completely absurd events.

First we have the Sandaime Hokage, military dictator of all Konoha, who apparently is incapable of promoting someone to genin or even delaying his test one day - you know, despite the fact that he has essentially ultimate say over everything - because, well, we wouldn't want some random civilian upset now would we? Best to just have the Yondaime's legacy repeat another useless year in the academy despite the fact that they're a military village which is basically holding back one of their major military assets; that is, a jinchuuriki.

Second... Iruka who is a chunin academy teacher apparently has command over the ANBU enough to get the ANBU Captain to stand down without question and leave him alone with a suspected traitor who just crippled half his squad... /facepalm, /headdesk, the mind boggles.

Third, why the hell is Naruto fighting the ANBU to begin with? Regardless of whether he failed the test or even if they were mistakenly attacking him, he could have and should have surrendered to them; it wouldn't have effected the result of the test since he already failed. Attacking them in itself could be grounds for execution. And then, like the proverbial cherry on top, we find out that Naruto despite being attacked by an entire squad of the most elite ninja in the village, was willing to let himself be almost fatally injured just so he could follow Iruka's random rule about the tournament that he won't even get to attend anyway... I mean, are you fucking kidding me?

The stupid... it burns. Seriously, I don't think I can even read anymore of this. It's a shame because asides from the constant lack of any sense, it's actually got some good concepts and good writing behind it.
Ppsh chapter 3 . 4/20/2012
Good introduction and there's definitely potential in this story. But mixed with that potential are some things which are pretty annoying to read.

1) Sasuke might as well be a completely new OC for all the similarity he bares to canon-Sasuke. There is quite literally zero possibility of him responding to Naruto in the manner he did when Naruto gave him that lecture. A lecture which by all means makes little to no sense in itself, since Naruto detests Sasuke and wouldn't have any reason to go out of his way to help him.

Assuming for a moment that he's just thinking about the future safety of the village, there's still no reason for him to have done so because I repeat, Sasuke would NEVER have said that. Characterizations can be hard... but you weren't even trying. The entire conversation looked like a badly justified plot device to make Naruto and Sasuke friends whilst ignoring their prior personalities, probably just to keep Sasuke in the village later on. If you wanted to do that there are many routes one could take which don't completely shatter the image of the canon characters. Yes, it's fan fiction, but that also means it's based upon the original story. Throwing it out the window without any reason is unappealing in the extreme.

2) Kyuubi giving Naruto a gift is rather illogical from what we observe in their interaction; he tries to kill him, fails, and then randomly decides to give him a special ability. It's just sort of stupid. As is the Yondaime spontaneously appearing come to think of it, since the only way that can happen in canon is if the seal is breaking. Besides which Naruto was in no real danger since the Kyuubi killing him would have simply doomed itself anyway.

3) The changes to Naruto are mostly welcome and good, but I can't help but think it rather incompetent of him to have almost killed himself with his own attack when he meets Jiraiya. Surely he knows the effect of the explosive tags... I just don't understand why this Naruto who is so on guard and analytical would make a mistake that even canon Naruto, complete half-wit that he is, probably wouldn't make. It goes contrary to the image you're trying to portray.
FF's Nightmare chapter 5 . 4/15/2012
Please Update.
clizasanimeluver98 chapter 5 . 12/22/2011
Nice one. I laugh at how dumd the hyuuga pursuer was. And well, also the part where anko go inside with her too much grandiose entrance(don't know why but I find it funny.) next chapter please. Heheh
xbamsod chapter 5 . 7/20/2011
Seems like it has a lot of potential so far. Its the first story I read that has Sakura and Sasuke nice to Naruto for sure. ~Update Soon~ _
Lalaith Quetzalli chapter 5 . 1/16/2011

strange but interesting.

I'm waiting for the explanations regarding everyone's but especially Naruto's changes.

P.S. Jiraiya is an idiot
Kuraitsuki Tukiko chapter 5 . 1/11/2011
I likes. Well written.
Cosmos Angel and Yami Darkness chapter 5 . 7/2/2010
keep going
Ms. Unlucky chapter 5 . 5/17/2010
Hmmm... this story is coming along nicely! :D Cant wait for the next chapter! And you did Anko amazing!
Jezzi1996 chapter 5 . 4/26/2010
This story is very good! I can't wait for another chapter!