Reviews for I Ain't Movin' On
likeliquidsunshine chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Wow. wow. you know, your LP stories got me bawling and and and i love them all to pieces. This one especially. It totally made my day :D Thank you so much for sharing.

P.s. i love the fact that they all have happy endings. Stories just can't get any better than that.
inevitablevauseman chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Okay, so I FINALLY get on the computer so I can give you a well needed review.

Ever since my laptop broke, I read all of my FF updates on my phone, and I can't review off of it...So I feel so terrible for not reviewing after all your stories.

Anyway, this was AMAZING. Seriously, incredible. You blow me away, time and time again.

Well done. :)
RJMoonspell4 chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
good one shot
Marissa Davis chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
aw omg that was amazing! very cute that carter guy sounded really hot if only there wasn't a lucas i'm sure she could have loved him. i loved the end it was soo sweet when she waited for him on the steps
LPlover chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Again this got me crying too.
HJS-NS-23 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
wow this was amazing! i loved it. i also really liked the song and how you incorporated it into the fic. Amazing job. cant wait to read more of your writing.
WDE11 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Maybe it's my mood but LP kinda bugged me in this story. At first, it was Peyton's attitude, then after a while, it was Luke's. I can't really pin point it because I don't really disagree with their decisions though. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed reading the journey, but I wanted to smack them around from time to time. lol I do have one bone to pick with ya though-Why did you have Peyton go back to Texas with someone other than Lucas? You're not suppose to do that to me. lol Just teasin ya! (sorta) Thanks for sharing!
tast3the3RAiiNBOW chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Loove it.
JeniLyn2000 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
This story actually inspired me to look up Joe Purdy and I'm so happy it did. His voice is phenomenal and I've added quite a few of his songs to my playlist, starting with the one that inspired this story.

As always, I love your work and this story is no exception. It's sweet, sad, happy, heartbreaking and heartwarming all in one. Thank you so much for continuing to write these two, I truly mean that.
Panda09 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
I loved it!
SmH-ac chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Thank you.

Not just for this. Thanks for listening to him. For taking the time to follow up on something that came totally out of left field and to give it a chance. That request was so selfish, but this is so perfect. It just pulls out all of the snapshots of this track in ways that are so unexpected. The focus on the tree and the mason jar and bluegrass and that she came back. I mean personally, this hits really close, so I've had a hard time pulling that away from what's here, but that's the thing about great art: It let's you climb inside it and get a bit of perspective on everything you are normally unable to see clearly. So just keep looking for the right arena where ever you want...

Joe Purdy (he streams everything online, if anyone actually reads these and you somehow weren't motivated to check him out based on that story alone).

This story kind of has everything: JP, LA, Moving across the country, Bluegrass, Texas, leaving.

I love how you just get relationships and none of them feels like a cliche. The entire ending section was perfect. The scene with the webcam and how much weight the question "Do you miss me?" carries when you are 10,0 miles away is pretty much it. And Peyton's phone call, that might feel somewhat shocking and out of left field, but isn't. She got scared that things were changing and she kept putting off the call, because maybe she could until she ran into some trigger that was too big to ignore. Perhaps she caught JP during his LA open mike days... When you're that far away, one of the only things you have to cling to is that everyone you miss, is missing you back. I can't imagine how devastating not hearing that back would be. And like Lucas mentions, sometimes it's all you've got to keep you going.

You write LA like you know the city: It feels harsh but with some redeeming qualities. I like that the illusions to the city are subtle, and don't let it come off as being completely vapid or washed out. Is it a bit much that I know of this great record store in the Los Feliz-esque section of Sunset Blvd that I can totally see her living above? I think the Hollywood Hills is one of the most misunderstood neighborhoods and is such an interesting area (and has a great view of Dodger's Stadium!) and so it says a lot about Carter that you placed him there.

You're great at subtle contrasts like after the "break up" call, where it's great that we get to see how they are each anchored by opposite things (Lucas needs to miss her and Peyton can't really let herself miss him) and it's motivated by where they are and what their lives need to be and really shows how often things and priorities can change quickly. Circumstance and context are so key and I think you really understand that and are able to draw that out. You're writing with perspective and everything feels honest.

I mean I could probably go on, but I'm going to start rambling even more, but I hope I managed to get across that this is fantastic. I promise a good recording of that show in return...
crazyjan chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
It was beautiful. I love that they both felt the same way for a long time but would not admit it to themselves or each other. They tried to keep their friendship in tact by not getting involved and kind of lost it anyway. It took Peyton a long time to figure out that Luke was really the one but once she did she moved like lightning to go and get her man.
Juzzy88 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
That was awesome!
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
But he never did miss an anniversary, and she knows he's probably in Tree Hill right now, setting similar flowers on her mother's grave, simply because Peyton isn't there to do it herself.

oh my god. i can't even begin to describe how brilliant/beautiful/heartwrenching/uplifting/invigorating/dazzling this story is. i'm just so...full, i guess? full of joy and sorrow and confusion. and you made that possible.

goodness, this was a masterpiece. honestly.
leyton-is-lovee chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
So you know that I absolutely love your writing and this is no different. When LP start out as friends, but one of them wants more it always makes me swoon. This was perfect in the sense that they were both too scared to lose each other to act on their feelings. It's so typical of them do to that; seasons 1 through half of 4. Her life in LA seemed like a total whirlwind and when she finally had a chance to think about anything besides work Lucas worked his way in. Carter seemed like perfectly fine man and to genuinely love Peyton, but he wasn't Lucas, plain and simple. When Peyton flew back to Tree Hill I thought it was perfect. Love was driving her forward and nothing else.

All in all I loved it and I can't wait to see more from you!