Reviews for Christening Gift
richardrobinsonjr chapter 1 . 1/31
I was reradinfg these and I wanted to comment on your being VERY VERY GOOD at characterization. The saint in this eries is an excellent example, much better than the post Chartise Stories,I don'tbut I would pay for a book several such stories.

I would like to see a crossover some time between Raffles ( first book) and Simon Templar.

Again this story is well plotted and written in a style that keeps the readers attentio9n.

I do wonder if you could tell me where the bookstore owner is from.
Richard Robinson
Guest chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
No idea if you're still reading reviews, since you haven't updated anything in a while, but I found this story quite charming, even not knowing the original stories.
Henchwoman chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
You know, I always wondered how exactly Aziraphale avoids selling his books without being... too unfriendly ;) And bravo - you managed to put in no less than five of the obligatory footnotes! But now I feel like I should start reading The Saint (still unknown territory) so thanks for the tip.
LastScorpion chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
This is brilliant! And they're all so funny, and in-character! I loved the note at the end, too.

:D
Meteoricshipyards chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
I've enjoyed your Saint stories. This one was also enjoyable. It's been too long since reading Good Omens, I don't remember the angel, but I could discern his character from your story.

The comment on Simon's longevity reminded me of another literary character who had a very strange life cycle - Nero Wolfe. No matter what decade the story was in 40s through the 70s, he and Archie were always together about ten years. Take a bit more than a reset biological clock to do that one :-)

Thanks for the story.

Tom A.
Tommy Byrn chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
In the words of one my favorite British tv characters, fantastic.