Reviews for Doing Your Best
moonfaerie326 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
You had me smiling with Gibbs' last line. Spectacular job. I think you nailed the whole Ziva/Gibbs dynamic wonderfully and seeing a new story posted from you made my day. :]

Great job!
jelenamichel chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
"Franks still calls me "Probie" you know? I was damaged goods when I came to him, like you. Broken. More than ready to die if given half the chance. But Franks took me on, hammered me into an agent. He makes DiNozzo look like a schoolgirl when it comes to hazing a newbie. He taught. I learned. I survived. Now I teach."

Really nice parallel. I hadn't thought of it like that. Nice job.
Harleyzgirl chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
"...a couple of candy asses" Good night that line made me lmao.

This was good as always. Liked the caring side of Gibbs. Loved the comparison to Gibbs and Franks relationship. Never thought of it that way.

Well done.
suchrandomness chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Excellent portrayal. I can really see Ziva being fustrated being in a position that she can't use her skills - especially her ninja ass kicking ones.
mia58 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Great perspective. Funny and poignant. You hit on some of the things I've wondered about for the new season. 1) How long Tony carries on the probie label. 2) How long, if ever, Ziva stops being so acquiescent. 3) If we're going to see a closer father/daughter relationship between her and Gibbs.
ltjvt1026 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
HOOT. "Careful, Tony she might snap..your neck. Vintage Gibbs! Great story
Bamacrush chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Oh this was really good.

Can totally see Ziva and Gibbs having that conversation.

Tony better watch out!

Loved the remark about the elevator, I keep thinking it's going to break down one day with all the switch flipping.

Loved the comparison to Franks, so true.

Candy asses LOL

Great job!
jaelke421 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
I really your insight on where Ziva is at right now. Good job!
Autumn Dae chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Aw, this was good. I really loved their conversation-Gibbs so ever-wise, and Ziva slowly taking it in. You did it perfectly-he said everything he really would. It was really, really well done, one of your best pieces, I'd say, even though it's a short oneshot. It was really, really good. And it left me smiling, which I appreciate. Go you!
bomber6 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Great story from Ziva's perspective. You're right that Ziva is having to go through the whole hazing thing for a second time. I hadn't thought of that.
scousemuz1k chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Love the candy-asses remark, and how thoughtful and gentle Gibbs can be when he wants to. One question (not having seen beyond Inside Man yet) re Tony's surprise - I sort of thought that he and McGee were deliberately pushing the Probie thing a bit to see if the could revive the old neck-snapping Ziva?
MissJayne chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Loved it! Perfect.
USAFChief chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
This is very, very good.

"You're not telling me you survived all those months in the desert only to come here and let a couple of candy asses like DiNozzo and McGee bring you down, are you?" Perfect Gibbs. I can hear him say it.

"Franks makes DiNozzo look like a schoolgirl when it comes to hazing a newbie. He taught. I learned. I survived." ...and you can, too, goes without saying it. Great line.

Thanks for sharing this, ME.
28 | « Prev Page 1 2