Reviews for Hogwarts 1835
Lauren0kiy chapter 24 . 5/4
This story was fantastically written! I was so interested in finding out what hogwarts 1940 was about I almost forgot to leave a review here. Thanks for the great read, it was very refreshing from the typical Harry Potter fan fic and I'd look forward to reading more if you ever write them
Chibi-Lill chapter 24 . 2/24
Dear King in Yellow, I am very sorry not to have reviewed before, I can only say as an excuse that I was too engrossed in y reading and too eager to know what would happen in the next chapter.

I've loved your characters : Elizabeth and Charles, obviously because they are very refreshing and "modern" while respecting traditions, because of their banter and because of Quidditch, the Weird Sisters, bound by friendship and rivalry but yet very loyal to each other, terrifying when one of their own is being attacked, the Gray family and the Headmistress.

Elizabeth is flawed but likeable and relatable, a fierce Captain (I have truly enjoyed the way you write Quidditch strategy and matches, as well as the Sisters' trick in the last game), Charles a bit mysterious at the beginning (the reasons for Elizabeth's dislike are mostly hurt pride, like another Elizabeth in another book...) and intersting as we get to know him and I really give the Sisters a special mention because they've made me lauch so much ! Vivien was annoying me most of the time but I have loved discovering her in "On becoming Mrs. Malfoy" (this will be for another review). Slytherin's Common Room was an interesting place to be. I would have loved to shoot Munin sometimes but well...

You have obviously thoroughly researched the customs and what was proper in English society in 1835, which made the whole settings and the atmosphere feel real and "exotic" as the same time. I've liked the choices you've made for the wizarding world regarding Secrecy, blood purity, etc. There are prejudices towards Muggle and Muggleborns but Slytherin doesn't foster ONLY Dark wizards and witches with psychopathic tendencies.

There may be many other things to say but in short, I've really loved this story, its pace (even though sometimes I could predict some minor events, but even then, the surprise would be how to arrive to them), its characters, its entire world really. I don't know if you're still reading reviews but just in case, I would be very honoured, if it hasn't been done already, if you would let me translate "Hogwarts 1835) into French !

Many thanks,

Chibi
aturnofthepage chapter 24 . 4/29/2015
This is amazing, I loved the research you put into this. It really enriched the world building you did. Along with your world the characters you created were great, they were all believable as well as being characters you wanted to root for. Even as the story drew to a close I wanted more. I'm so happy Elizabeth will be continuing her adventures with Charles. Thank you so much for creating and sharing these wonderful characters and the world you created for them.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/3/2014
re the author's note to Ch. 11 - not '4p' for four pre-decimal pennies, but '4d'. Currency came in pounds (l.), shillings, (s), and pennies (d). I believe from the old Roman 'liber', 'sestercii', and 'denarius'. I suspect Rowling was brought up in pre-decimal days, and wasted as much school time as I did on sums regarding 12 pennies to the shilling, 20 shillings to the pound, 21 shillings to the guinea, 4 farthings to the penny, 13s.8d to the mark, etc. Very minor nitpick, but it threw me out of the 1830s with an audible crunch, when I was otherwise enjoying the story. And now I'm wondering what the price of second hand books was then... :)
RightMeow chapter 24 . 10/29/2012
I LOVE THIS. IT WAS AMAZING. I absolutely llooovveee your characters... Elizabeth and Charles were AMAZING.
Chandagnac chapter 9 . 7/7/2012
I'm amused that even the narrator refers to Edward William as 'Weasel'.
Chandagnac chapter 13 . 7/6/2012
The reason I like this story better than Hogwarts 1940 is that I find all of the main characters so very likeable. Even Augustus Bulstrode has his good points!
Chandagnac chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
I think the story of the misunderstanding with Elizabeth and the House-elves and the bowl of milk is fairly adorable.
gveret chapter 2 . 4/29/2012
I really like this world; it's detailed and pretty fun. The characters are already distinct, and the dialogue is great. You've given the Potterverse an original flavor, and it's a lot of fun.
Chandagnac chapter 24 . 3/20/2012
This is an excellent story. I read it all the way through, loved it.

It puts me in mind of a cross between Harry Potter and one of Jane Austen's books, but what it really reminds me of is 'Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell' by Susanna Clarke, with all the fascinating footnotes with details of the period in which the story is set.

By the end, I felt emotionally invested in most of the characters and I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. There are a lot of memorable and funny moments in this story. In fact, I think I'll read it again.
anonymousreader515 chapter 24 . 3/8/2012
This was such a great story! I loved it! So well written, a pleasure to read!
LOL chapter 24 . 3/5/2012
Great story! Really enjoyed the ending.
great job chapter 13 . 3/5/2012
I am sincerely enjoying your story! Found it on TV TROPES. Best ever!
grace chapter 11 . 3/5/2012