Reviews for Hogwarts 1835
Guest chapter 11 . 5/3/2014
re the author's note to Ch. 11 - not '4p' for four pre-decimal pennies, but '4d'. Currency came in pounds (l.), shillings, (s), and pennies (d). I believe from the old Roman 'liber', 'sestercii', and 'denarius'. I suspect Rowling was brought up in pre-decimal days, and wasted as much school time as I did on sums regarding 12 pennies to the shilling, 20 shillings to the pound, 21 shillings to the guinea, 4 farthings to the penny, 13s.8d to the mark, etc. Very minor nitpick, but it threw me out of the 1830s with an audible crunch, when I was otherwise enjoying the story. And now I'm wondering what the price of second hand books was then... :)
RightMeow chapter 24 . 10/29/2012
I LOVE THIS. IT WAS AMAZING. I absolutely llooovveee your characters... Elizabeth and Charles were AMAZING.
Chandagnac chapter 9 . 7/7/2012
I'm amused that even the narrator refers to Edward William as 'Weasel'.
Chandagnac chapter 13 . 7/6/2012
The reason I like this story better than Hogwarts 1940 is that I find all of the main characters so very likeable. Even Augustus Bulstrode has his good points!
Chandagnac chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
I think the story of the misunderstanding with Elizabeth and the House-elves and the bowl of milk is fairly adorable.
gveret chapter 2 . 4/29/2012
I really like this world; it's detailed and pretty fun. The characters are already distinct, and the dialogue is great. You've given the Potterverse an original flavor, and it's a lot of fun.
Chandagnac chapter 24 . 3/20/2012
This is an excellent story. I read it all the way through, loved it.

It puts me in mind of a cross between Harry Potter and one of Jane Austen's books, but what it really reminds me of is 'Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell' by Susanna Clarke, with all the fascinating footnotes with details of the period in which the story is set.

By the end, I felt emotionally invested in most of the characters and I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. There are a lot of memorable and funny moments in this story. In fact, I think I'll read it again.
anonymousreader515 chapter 24 . 3/8/2012
This was such a great story! I loved it! So well written, a pleasure to read!
LOL chapter 24 . 3/5/2012
Great story! Really enjoyed the ending.
great job chapter 13 . 3/5/2012
I am sincerely enjoying your story! Found it on TV TROPES. Best ever!
grace chapter 11 . 3/5/2012
great job!
great job chapter 5 . 3/5/2012
really enjoying
Olaf Roysson chapter 9 . 3/1/2012
The fic I compare this to is HPMOR. Enough said. Can't write a longer review, must continue reading.
Dr. Platypus chapter 3 . 6/23/2011
I am thoroughly enjoying this story. I love the richness of historical detail and the way you have imagined all that has changed at Hogwarts as well as all that has remained the same. Good work!
anonmum chapter 24 . 9/15/2010
Excellent story - I love all the historical details and it's very well-written. I hope you write more in the same genre.