Reviews for Halfer
McKenzieAnne chapter 8 . 10/7/2014
So I'm a huge LGW fan and stumbled upon this fine work of fanfiction. And though you haven't updated in forever I would like to let you know that it is a wonderful story and your writing is great.
MA
WyldClaw chapter 8 . 11/23/2012
I love this!
Yuzuki ShindaYuro chapter 8 . 1/18/2012
Lol I love ur fanfic! It's Awethome!
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
thank Weaver's lucky stars that the unkown man saved her and nora was able to help her bring her baby into the world
WyldClaw chapter 5 . 3/14/2011
I feel so sorry for Weaver's daughter-she is unaware of all the prejudice that she will face
WyldClaw chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
Wow. that was a awesome chapter! I LOVED the part about the halfer's name and how their blood is able to distinguish them:

"Nothing." Weaver was startled. "I know half-Milliner, half-Civilians aren't generally accepted. But I don't agree. I think that love can happen between any two people. It doesn't discriminate against our niches in society or other absurd ideas."

Weaver snorted. "You're an idealist."

"Maybe, ma'm," Topper grinned. Then his face grew serious. "However, many others are not. There are many Milliners who don't believe that halfers should exist. They're considered traitors and untrustworthy. "

"Halfer?" She had heard the term before, but had never even realized that it could apply to her baby. Not Hatter's baby.

"That's what a child who has a Milliner and a Civilian for parents is called. It's supposed to be derogatory, but it's not horribly offensive. It's just the connotation that can be—will be—hurtful."

"I've heard it before. I just don't see how this is going to affect me, or my daughter. No one has to know that her father wasn't Civilian."

"The Millinery has to know. "

Weaver suggested the Millinery do explicit things to itself.

Topper smiled wryly. "I am sorry, Weaver. But even if she isn't registered as a halfer, people—especially Milliners—will know."

"How? Milliners don't have a mark on them that makes them stand out. All they have are those hats—hats I designed. They're—you're—human like the rest of us."

"Halfers are marked." Topper's voice was very quiet.

"Marked? You've marked my baby?"

"No. But her blood marks her. As she ages, a vein in the shape of an h will appear below her ear. It happens to all halfers. Left if the father was the Milliner, right if the mother. We're not sure why it occurs—some say that it shows the traitor in their blood. I don't agree with it. I think it occurs because Milliners marry Milliners and the blood stays within the ranks. When a new blood enters, something occurs and marks them. However, it's not per se a natural occurrence. Someone Imagined it, whether White or Black, I don't know which. Whoever created it probably had a strong dislike for halfers."

Weaver's mouth tightened. She had thought she was free from worry. She closed her eyes and willed it to go away. She willed Hatter to come back, to wrap her in his arms and tell her it would be alright.

Realizing what she had just wished, she gave something between a laugh and a snort. Topper raised an eyebrow. She opened her eyes and saw his questioning look.
GingerSnapsBack chapter 8 . 2/4/2011
cute! if molly met hatter, she wouldn't ask questions
Dancer4756 chapter 8 . 1/5/2011
You are a fantastic writer! i can't wait for you to write more chapters absolutely fantastics! WRITE WRITE WRITE please. :)
dragongirlj chapter 8 . 6/27/2010
*pauses for a second before holding pillow up to head before a loud muffled Squee is heard*

So cute! I can see the interactions perfectly and I'm absolutly in love with it...

*mentally resisting urge to draw this chapter*

And also, I want the crash courses, those could come in a lot of help. XD
dragongirlj chapter 7 . 6/8/2010
Loved it! -

Now we need more Molly cuteness and the world will be compleate! Joking, joking.

Now that more serious tones are introduced to the story, it's getting ready for that twist we all know about. I like the idea at the end, about Weaver training Molly. It makes sense and it's beautifully executed. -

Hey! Happy to help, I'm a LookingGlassWarsNerd and proud of it! *salutes* It's my job to help. XD XD XD

(Yeahhhh, I had candy today and it's lateish. I'm hyper. XD)
dragongirlj chapter 6 . 6/2/2010
I loved it, I really did. The only problem I have is that it is revealed in the Seeing Redd book that Weaver left Molly at three lunars years old (paperback Page 147) How long exactly are three lunar years, I'm not all that sure, but I'd just thought I'd point that out.

Now, little kid Molly is so CUTE! - And it does sound like Weaver to try to block Molly from Milliners. I applaud you for this amazing chapter! -

gallery/#/d2hauu6

I drew this...about...a while ago (maybe in August) and this chapter kinda/sorta reminded me of it, or maybe the other way around. Just thought I would show it to you. -
Zoe Nightshade chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
I think you should have more emotion.
your secret admirer chapter 5 . 11/24/2009
darling dearest- i love this fic, its so sweet. and better yet, i get to see you in less than 24 hours :D i'm so pumped!

love

me
Supernerd 7 chapter 5 . 11/20/2009
Ahh! I loved it! I never read the Looking Glass Wars but they are now on my list for Winter break. You did a spectacular job with this story, hun- I couldn't stop reading.

Love you!
Penpen chapter 5 . 11/12/2009
Ah! This is a good fanfic, but it's driving me crazy that you spell Hatter Madigan as 'Hatter Maddigan"... because his surname only has one d in it.