Reviews for A Certain Point of View
Galeana chapter 1 . 7/4
Stunning. With all that happened at Hogwarts that year, I always did wonder how Snape handled his role as a double agent. This story satisfies some of that curiosity for me. You really nailed Snape's character, and even Dumbledore's, in the few lines of this story. Well done!
amr56 chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
Snape is one of my favorites. Thanks for this!
sandydragon chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
You did a great job portraying Snape here. As always, he doesn't tolerate stupidity or insubordination well. His brief conversation with Dumbledore was also very well handled. It showed how Snape feels both about his own actions and about the burdens Dumbledore put on him. The only thing I can think of that might improve this story would be to have it start with the incident that caused this confrontation or at least to have it begin with Snape handling the incident's aftermath. This story works fine even without those events being depicted, but I am a bit curious about what Snape's thoughts were as he witnessed and/or dealt with the consequences of the event. Then again, the way the story is now does give enough info for the reader to be able to imagine those details. Sometimes laving things up to the imagination can make a story stronger. I'm just not quite sure if that's true here.
Margaret Armstrong chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
Absolutely beautiful, like the rest of your work. I adore the knife's edge dance Snape has to walk during the school year of ultimate duplicity, and how you can encapsulate the weight of that burden in such a simple story.

Favorited.
RumbleRoar811 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Wow.. now i want to know what Ginny did! I love how you show the anger Snape feels at seeing the students treated this way, and the fine line he is walking on. I also like how you show his self-loathing, and is anger towards Dumbledore that is still there.
wokanshutaiduo chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
LOVED this. Ending seems ambiguous to me... is he calling Albus a liar, or himself?
SkyLilies chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
This is fantastic- it's like an outtake/behind the scenes from Deathly Hallows- exactly the kind of thing I kept wondering about while Harry, Ron and Hermione were on the run.

Also, I must say it's beautifully written- it feels very true to canon, and I like how you've left the exact details of what teh Carrows did to Ginny open-ended (all we need to know is that it's awful), and the little bit with Snape* and Dumbledore at the end.

Bravo!

*whom you have done justice to, so brilliantly
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
hmm, i'm a little confused, was Liar directed at Dumbledore or Snape? and yes what he did say was true, but hopefully it all had to do with using common sense to protect the students. i don't know. snape's character was written well enough to always be ambiguous and i've always been a bit dense.
CareersFTW chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
That was brilliant! I especially loved the conversation with Dumbledore at the end and the sheet of paper added a nice touch. Snapes emotions and feelings were very realistic.

Keep writing!
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Short, but good. Poor Snape. He's the one with the toughest job, isn't?
Makokam chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Very nice.

It was short, which I liked very much in this case because my time has been short as well. I think it did it's job of showing what was going on at Hogwarts, as well giving some...not insight, but a look at what Snape was going through during the book.

Makokam out.
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Dear Elizabeth:

A well-written and thought-provoking lesson in how to reason with evil on its own terms. My compliments.

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
RakeeshJ4 chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
Enjoyable but appropriately unpleasant look into Snape's brief tenure as Headmaster. That sort of tip-toeing would be awful enough for someone who was well-adjusted, but for a man who *already* hated himself? Much worse, I think, not least because no reassurance will penetrate.

Poor Snape. I liked him once it became possible that as opposed to just an awful, unlikable man and cruelly harsh teacher...he was really, in fact, the guy who was *constantly* getting stuck with making the really unpleasant but necessary choices. This chapter encapsulates that about Snape quite well.

Unfortunately it's short, though, and I can't find much that doesn't work-one quibble, though: there are lots of portraits in that office. Are they all loyal? I can't remember, but if any figure's loyalty or discretion was uncertain, Dumbledore's sympathy could be dangerous.
Phlogistics chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
This was excellent! Your characterization was perfect, and it was a wonderful little insight into how Severus felt about himself and Albus.
GendryMightBeComingBackSoon chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
A great story. Very well written.