Reviews for A Certain Point of View
RumbleRoar811 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Wow.. now i want to know what Ginny did! I love how you show the anger Snape feels at seeing the students treated this way, and the fine line he is walking on. I also like how you show his self-loathing, and is anger towards Dumbledore that is still there.
wokanshutaiduo chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
LOVED this. Ending seems ambiguous to me... is he calling Albus a liar, or himself?
SkyLilies chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
This is fantastic- it's like an outtake/behind the scenes from Deathly Hallows- exactly the kind of thing I kept wondering about while Harry, Ron and Hermione were on the run.

Also, I must say it's beautifully written- it feels very true to canon, and I like how you've left the exact details of what teh Carrows did to Ginny open-ended (all we need to know is that it's awful), and the little bit with Snape* and Dumbledore at the end.

Bravo!

*whom you have done justice to, so brilliantly
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
hmm, i'm a little confused, was Liar directed at Dumbledore or Snape? and yes what he did say was true, but hopefully it all had to do with using common sense to protect the students. i don't know. snape's character was written well enough to always be ambiguous and i've always been a bit dense.
CareersFTW chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
That was brilliant! I especially loved the conversation with Dumbledore at the end and the sheet of paper added a nice touch. Snapes emotions and feelings were very realistic.

Keep writing!
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Short, but good. Poor Snape. He's the one with the toughest job, isn't?
Makokam chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Very nice.

It was short, which I liked very much in this case because my time has been short as well. I think it did it's job of showing what was going on at Hogwarts, as well giving some...not insight, but a look at what Snape was going through during the book.

Makokam out.
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Dear Elizabeth:

A well-written and thought-provoking lesson in how to reason with evil on its own terms. My compliments.

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
RakeeshJ4 chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
Enjoyable but appropriately unpleasant look into Snape's brief tenure as Headmaster. That sort of tip-toeing would be awful enough for someone who was well-adjusted, but for a man who *already* hated himself? Much worse, I think, not least because no reassurance will penetrate.

Poor Snape. I liked him once it became possible that as opposed to just an awful, unlikable man and cruelly harsh teacher...he was really, in fact, the guy who was *constantly* getting stuck with making the really unpleasant but necessary choices. This chapter encapsulates that about Snape quite well.

Unfortunately it's short, though, and I can't find much that doesn't work-one quibble, though: there are lots of portraits in that office. Are they all loyal? I can't remember, but if any figure's loyalty or discretion was uncertain, Dumbledore's sympathy could be dangerous.
Phlogistics chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
This was excellent! Your characterization was perfect, and it was a wonderful little insight into how Severus felt about himself and Albus.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
A great story. Very well written.
Very Small Prophet chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Madbrad: As I see it, Severus considered Dumbledore to be lying-perhaps to himself as well as to Snape-about being "truly sorry" for all the suffering he laid on Snape.

I can't say I blame him. Dumbles seemed to feel genuine attachment to Harry, despite having to use him as a tool, but he always appears to be faking what little fondness he shows for Severus. Dumbledore certainly had his favorites: his gallant, attractive young Gryffindors, merry pranksters, manly little fellows. I can't imagine him doing anything improper with them, but he obviously liked having them around.

Excellent story, written with precision and no wasted words. I love seeing the English language used so well.
Night Train FM chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Me likey, although I'm amused by some of the other reactions. Why is it that Snapefen find Dumbledore going 'You disgust me' so unforgivable? Snape had just admitted to sending Voldemort after an innocent family, and only backed out when he learned that one of them was the woman he was obsessed with. That's pretty disgusting.
wanttodeletethis chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
I enjoy reading little fics like this that really dig deep into Snape's character. I've noticed that lately a lot of writers have perverted Snape's integrity and, in turn, have made him a hollow shell of his canon self. This just reminds me that I'm not wasting my time here. Thank you.
Akatsuki210 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
This was really good! I haven't read any of your stories for a while-"The Guardian in Spite of Herself" hadn't updated in so long that I thought maybe you'd stopped writing altogether-but then I decided to take a glance at your profile page and found this.

I like the glimpse at some of the things that were going on at Hogwarts during DH, and particularly Snape's balancing act of trying to protect the students as much as he can without giving away the fact that he really isn't loyal to Voldemort. I also liked how the ending implied Snape's resentment at being used by Dumbledore. I wonder if some of his animosity towards Harry was partly contempt that Harry was unable to see how he, too, was being used...?

Anyway, great story!