Reviews for Wild One
Devil Counting Tear Drops chapter 27 . 17h
Hi i wanted to let you know that I absolutely love your story. Kida is such a well written character that I love. You did extremely well keeping her out of Mary Sue territory. The story as well is also very well written in that, as opposed to most stories, doesn't just follow the story with an added character. You've incorporated elements from the canon story to add to yours and make it your own. I know that this story hasn't been updated in 2 years and you might not even have much of a muse for it anymore, however i was wondering if you would consider updating this? I am eagerly awaiting to see how Kida will adjust to Gaara after his reformation and how he will adjust to being a better person as well as Kazekage with her around. I would also love to see how they touch on their past as friends, if they talk about it and if Gaara regrets sending her away
Countenance chapter 27 . 5/30
Brilliant story! Please please update soon, I'm dying to read the next chapter! Plus its been two years.
UnsightlyDreams chapter 7 . 5/25
Hey *waves*

So I've been searching left, right and center for a good Gaara fic (needn't even be a romance) and I really thought this was it. And it wasn't.
I know you said you've been rewriting this, and that's great, awesome, really. But you should really work on that first chapter. I've always thought a first chapter can make or break a story, and yours seems to break it. For one, I'd love to see a little more... Of them as children. Straightaway jumping to the romance is fine, but the point is, Gaara doesn't kill her at first sight because they were friends (sort of) when they were younger and you're banking on that to move the story forward. But I don't see it. I don't see that bonding. It's like you said - so, hey guys. They were friends when they were younger and then Gaara went batshit crazy and... Yeah. And now here they are. Gaara is nineteen and still a genin (which is frankly, a weird deviation on a story whose premise is child-killers) and they meet and things happen.
I would suggest you to expand on that a little. Their childhood, I mean. Doesn't have to be much. A few anecdotes, here and there, even if it's just to flesh out Kida as a character. She's the one we don't know about. I've written something similar in another fandom, bolstered by confidence that my character most definitely wasn't a Mary Sue, and yours isn't either, but she needs to be more fleshed out. For the reader to connect with her. Kida isn't a Mary Sue - but what she is is two dimensional.
Aside from that... There seems to be a lot of monologuing and Kida being super sassy to a guy who can crush her skull in minutes. I admit I haven't gotten too far, but this is all I have for now. I don't see too many grammatical errors, aside from the obligatory comma missing here and there, so that's fine.

One last thing. Suna was on the verge of an economic crisis for a long, long time. Death, despair and general doom and gloom was its theme. So I'm not sure how Kida is this happy-go-lucky person. Again. You might be touching this in further chapters, but you're writing in her voice. By now, I should be aware of the things that make her what she is.
Okay scratch that. I went ahead and read the first two chapters again. So she, a child, ran out of the village gates never to be seen again? Alone? Very worrying. I guess this explains the lack of doom and gloom. She wasn't in Suna.
Instead, she was outside the village. Alone. A child.

Anyway. You stopped updating in 2013, and are probably aware of everything I've pointed out. But well, I just thought ConCrit always helps. :)

Cheers. And happy writing.
Rayven818 chapter 27 . 4/29
Oh wow i love this story so far. :) please continue
KillerCupcakes chapter 2 . 3/25
So I just started this (chapter 2) and I physically just burst out laughing. Twice. Once at her "oh hell no" (it seemed sassy so I read it sassily) and again at your explanation of what Gaara would have done if he wasn't so shocked. Thanks you. That was beautiful.
doron chapter 27 . 2/24
amazing
laniDG11 chapter 27 . 1/3
Dude this story is incredible !
534667lc chapter 27 . 12/27/2014
Love your story now following! . Pleae update soon!
LostGirl97 chapter 27 . 12/2/2014
All I have to say is that your character Kida is just amazing, her personality and when she's screwing with Gaara just makes everything so hilarious. And than when the serious scenes come in my heart basically explodes. You have this fantastic way of writing and I hope soon you'll update. :) I have had my avengers 2 countdown going for 400 days, and if I can wait that long, I'll gladly wait for you to come back! :)
Crushedamigo chapter 24 . 11/15/2014
Now, why is this tale humourous? I don't think that it is fit for this particular story...
GrayNat chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Hi
I just read your story and OMG I TOTALLY LOVE IT
Kida is such a cool person and I really have to praise you for describing their feelings so well, especially when it comes to Gaara. I'm so glad his character resembles his character in the manga so much, you did a really great job!
I'm really curious how this story will continue, I hope you'll update soon, I'm really anticipating it
fallenangel0632 chapter 27 . 9/7/2014
Oh man! Continue please continue your story! I love reading it!
Naruto4Evar chapter 12 . 9/3/2014
If I was Kida I probably would have laughed madly as I watched the man esplode...

Yeah, I'm a bad person ._.

Btw I love the fic, I just want to huggles Gaara
Wednesday101 chapter 25 . 8/17/2014
Yo. Uh... You haven't updated since 2013. T-T I was just thinking about what Kida would do if she saw Garra get stabbed in the ass with a kunai. I bet she would come up behind him after the exams and go "A thousand years of death!"
TheRealCriticsUnited chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
ECKASCUZE ME, in your author's note, you say, "...so it will be better then I promise you," SEE?! RIGHT THERE, RIGHT FRICKEN THERE, YOU NO HAZ COMMA AFTER "THEN"! SEE, WHEN I READ THAT NOTE, I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO PAUSE! BECAUSE OF THAT NO-COMMA, MY EYES BLED. I NOW NEED GLASSES AND LASIK SURGERY BECAUSE OF YOUR POORLY DEVELOPED AUTHOR'S NOTE! I'M JUST HAPPEH I USED MY WINDOWS XP FOR THIS CUZ IF I USED MY WINDOWS 8, MY COMP WOULD'VE JUST TURNED OFF AND SHUT DOWN FOR ETERNITY...all because of your goddamn, no knowledge, idiotic mind REGARDING...APOSTROPHES! No, jk, I mean commas. Lolz. ;)