Reviews for Oasis Begins in Dawn's Azure Light Aisle
Valiowk chapter 34 . 6/12/2010
Very interesting, action-packed chapter (even if some of the action was in the form of a surveillance video). Reading through this chapter, I really admired Obi-Wan for still being able to perform what he needed to do. His apprentice had just committed what was probably the most horrific betrayal in the history of the Jedi Order, and when one contrasts the hidiousness of this deed with Obi-Wan's light and good, it's a wonder that Obi-Wan didn't break down from guilt. The title of this chapter, "Chiaroscuoro", serves to emphasise this point well.

I hadn't thought before about the fact that senators like Bail, Mon Mothma and Garm Bel Iblis had to vote for Palpatine for all those years until the Empire was overthrown, but it had to be the only way for them to stay out of Palpatine's notice. I imagine that they must have continually felt that they were betraying their ideals with every such vote they made and must have reprimanded themselves for being co wards, even if this was the wisest course of action from a logical standpoint. Is there any chance that you will be expanding on this issue? I would be curious to read more about this little-touched-upon topic, but I would understand if the way you are planning to continue the story would not allow you to return to this issue.

It was scary to read about the Jedi having clones too, and yet, if one thinks about it, there's not much difference between there being clones of a bounty hunter and the Jedi having clones. To me, this just emphasises how wrong it was to create a clone army for the Republic - while I can appreciate that each clone probably had his own unique personality, it seems to me that if the idea of a clone of somebody you're familiar with disturbs you, then the idea of a clone of a stranger should be equally disturbing.

I'm curious about the fact that in this universe, it is again Padmé who believes that there is still good in Anakin. Is there a particular reason why you chose to keep it this way? I can understand why, in canon, Padmé still believes in Anakin - she is, after all, his wife and has a very close relationship with him - but since that is not the case in this story, I was wondering if you felt that there was something else special about Padmé that would let her still believe in Anakin when everybody else had lost hope.
Valiowk chapter 33 . 6/7/2010
A chapter in which an Order crumbles and an entire galaxy changes. I had hoped that Obi-Wan's efforts to counsel Anakin would pay off and this would not come to pass, but I guess there was simply too much doubt and fear in Anakin for Palpatine to leech upon. When Anakin apologised to Obi-Wan, I had high hopes that everything would turn out all right; those hopes crumbled somewhat when I came to the strained conversation between Padmé and Anakin, though when Padmé said "You know in your heart who it is, Ani. Now you just have to accept it.", I really did think that her careful emphasis not to mention the name of someone it was known that Anakin was associating closely with would make a difference. Even when Mace lost a hand, I was hoping that there could be some alternative explanation for what had happened. But your final line,

"Yes. We - ah," Obi-Wan choked back the name of his brother, for a dangerous truth coiled in the pit of his stomach. "I have a policy on traps."

definitely put the nail in the coffin.

Excellent and very vivid description of how Anakin's turn to the Dark Side must have seemed for those closest to him. The pacing was great, considering the number of events you mentioned in a single chapter! Well done!
MrPowell chapter 33 . 6/5/2010

Even until the point where Mace fell, I had hopes that Anakin wouldn't fall... ah well

Excellent chapter, even if it is very close to canon...

Looking forward to more
delightfully-so chapter 33 . 6/5/2010
Another amazing chapter. Fantastic writing, well done!
Valairy Scot chapter 32 . 5/29/2010
Ah, the confrontation with Grievous looms - and the end of the Republic as we know it - or not?

The stakes have always been high - but never higher.
Valiowk chapter 32 . 5/29/2010
Very interesting chapter! I was especially hooked by the part where Obi-Wan showed Padmé his Force signature, as well as Anakin's and Mace's. I get the feeling that this will play an important role later in the story, although I can't really guess how at the moment. Very vivid description of Anakin's and Mace's Force signatures!

I wonder what Qui-Gon has to ask of Obi-Wan - it doesn't sound like anything good at all! :(
MrPowell chapter 32 . 5/29/2010
interesting chapter. I'm sad to see Anakin heading down the path towards Darth Vader, and I worry about what will happen to Padme and the children when he falls. Looking forward to what happens next.
Kenobifan chapter 32 . 5/29/2010
As always, I am captivated by this newest update.

It looks like "Sith" is going to hit the fan her pretty soon.

Most enjoyable. :)
Valiowk chapter 31 . 5/24/2010
Great chapter! The discussion of the Cantham House Committee (great name, by the way :) ) showed that the judgment of even some of the wisest people is becoming clouded by the sheer magnitude of the situation facing them. We see the unstable and precarious state of the Jedi Order, and to a small extent, why it was the will of the Force that it perish and be reconstructed from scratch.

I must say that I was disappointed with Anakin's behaviour in this chapter (even though things did turn out this way in the movie). In the previous few chapters he seemed to be calmer than I had expected, but now he returns to his usual brash self... I guess, like the Council members, I'm a bit too ready to hope that Anakin's role as the Chosen One will be positive, not negative. ;) Great job with modifying the conversation in Stover's novelisation of ROTS to include more of Obi-Wan's POV - I liked the fact that Obi-Wan is trying to make everything as clear as possible to Anakin, because it's a fact that misunderstandings can occur when there is too little communication going on and one party expects the other to naturally get the hint. It's a pity that Anakin is still too stubborn to see that the request is made with good intentions, even if it is a bit unethical.

By the way, I really enjoyed reading the notes on your site. I've found that an author frequently has so many ideas when writing a story, but not all of them can be mentioned explicitly - some can only be mentioned in passing or through the point-of-view chosen, and some have no choice but to be discarded - and it always seems like such a waste to me if these ideas don't get to be shared. Sometimes I also wonder if the author actually has a different opinion from the one presented but presents the story in a certain way so as to get a particular point across. It's nice to find out from time to time whether what you were thinking is indeed what the (tricky ;) ) author had in mind. :)
Wolfa Moon chapter 31 . 5/23/2010
I would have rather seen this version then thee other.
Barbwire Rose chapter 30 . 5/22/2010
Great chapter...again. lolz Great Obidala moment...again. lolz Aside from all of the awesomeness, I did come across a couple lil things. In this line, "...carving more and more power away from the Senate into his own control." I think 'and' should go between 'Senate' and 'into'. I dunno, the line just sounded a little off to me, but you do what you want. In the line,"...we loose in the face of public perception and belief." 'loose' should be 'lose', and this also goes for, "You are too good a Jedi for the Republic to loose right now." So that's it. lolz Cookies for you for a job well done.

Barbwire Rose chapter 29 . 5/22/2010
*crawls out from hidey hole* I can't believe it's been so long since I've read and reviewed your updates. *iz ashamed* Well you didn't disappoint with this one. Everything was very cute, and the baby's name was a nice touch. You brought back weeHan! Yayness! lolz Sorry, that just sorta slipped out. I really liked how you brought him into this story, and considering that he's my fave SW character next to Obi, I was very happy to see him again...even if it was fer like 2 seconds. lolz

High Centaur chapter 31 . 5/22/2010
THIS STORY IS EPIC! I love it SOOOOO much! I really think that you have amazing talent, and would have loved if this was how Star Wars I, II, & III really went... PLEASE UPDATE SOON! YOU. ROCK. _

I think you could have a shot at professional writing it you tried... $_$ Cha-Ching!
Rachel A. Prongs chapter 31 . 5/22/2010
Great chapter, thank you :)

You write an amazingly compelling story
Kenobifan chapter 31 . 5/22/2010
Oh that was exciting... and gee, the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Excellent update..

You always having me wanting more. :)
277 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »