Reviews for Variance
starry eyed dreamers chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
I love this! The only thing I would've wanted you to add was how Juliet was like Alex, although she did lie to Justin. And I doubt Justin would ever realize that fact anyway. I really loved it though!
That70sshowlova chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
You know what? I read this one "Jalex" story a while ago, where Juliet was a total bitch. She was thoroughly disgusted with how close Alex and Justin were. Thinking about it now, it didn't make much sense. Juliet is seriously old and it was common in the royal courts to intermarry. I just...I really like that you put that in here. Yeah, I liked this one shot. It was good.
Goth Albino Angel chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Huh? wait, what? OH! I think I get most of it. At least it wasn't love story for Alex and Juliet. Thanks. Great story by the way.
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Aw! So cute! I liked this...until the end when Juliet (and Alex, really) made it sound like they could never be friends! :) That was sad. Otherwise...WOW! You really analyzed for this, huh? U And the Bronte line was a GREAT touch! Rock on! *U*
RozaHathoway chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
hehehehe... I LOVE THE ENDING! But... maybe you should have added a bit more... I love those Justin/Alex brother/sister moments!
Alice in June chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Whoa ... the insight you have into the characters is amazing. Also? Kudos to you for having the most original and exciting idea in the fandom. Now, if only the writers would see this ...
Marissa Davis chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
aw i agree with juliet! i think that justin would compare every girl to alex and i loved that juliet recognized it and i want you to write more! omg another chapter would be amazing lol that end deserves another chapter.
SilverTurtle chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Wow, creepy. I'm impressed. That's a very interesting theory you have there, also creepy. I totally get why Alex's hair would stand on end when it finally sank in. I feel a little sorry for Juliet though, she just alienated herself from probably one of the last people in the city she could talk to who knew what she really was. I loved Alex getting that dig in on Justin at the end (and no, it would not be pretty at all).
umbrellaleg chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
oh this was so god

and TRUE!
sophia666 chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
I loved this. and I liked how you portrayed Juliet- a little annoying, and pretty sweet-natured for a vampire- and it's sort of ironic that she's the one that opens Alex's eyes to her denial. and I liked that Alex felt bad- so got Juliet the ice-cream. and Justin seems so predictable, now. Loved-

Shaking her head, hoping it clears away the doubts and the butterflies, she walks over and pats his shoulder. “Justin, when you finally get it, it’s so not going to be pretty.”

“Get what?” he asks, following her out of the lair.

neverlands chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
I think you successfully made me like Juliet with this story. Of course, I still don't care for her in canon all that much, but I found her likable here. Was this a spontaneous story? I had no idea you were writing it haha. But I was definitely excited to see it! I love fics that deal with Justin's relatonships and the way Alex ties into them in one way or another. Very interesting premise. ;)
Lizzy chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
I have to admit, I didn't think I'd like this fic when I read the summary. Ew Juliet. But you've managed to surprise me once again, because I loved it! Your ideas are so original and the way you present them are so perceptive. Way to go!
explanations chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
That was pretty freaking awesome. I've been waiting the LONGEST time for a oneshot about Juliet realizing, ever since Tasty Bites, because, seriously, that whole episode, I was just waiting for her to go like, "OH." The looks? The implications? "Why would you believe her"? Seriously. And this fic was perfect for that. Awesome.
stopthenrewind chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
I loved the quote off of the Jacob/Bella fic, Ocho. I've never read it, since I'm not really a fan of Jacob/Bella, but the short dialogue there really fit Jalex. :)

I loved how you managed to incorporate so many details off of the show and into this oneshot. You really showed your love of WOWP, the way you remembered all those seemingly insignificant parts of the show. Like how you enumerated all of Justin's girlfriends and how you made them seem so much like Alex in their own little ways. I completely agree with that Miranda comment. She does look a whole lot like Alex, and it's funny that Lucy Hale is David Henrie's ex-girlfriend. It's just too ironic ;P And the fact that David has said in an interview somewhere that he has never dated a blonde but in the show, the majority of his girlfriends were blonde. I never noticed that before till you mentioned it here.

I liked the fact that even Juliet noticed the *thing* going on between Justin and Alex. It really is SO there that if it weren't Disney, I'd be surprised if no one noticed it yet. I love how you managed to squeeze in a little Jalex foreshadowing during the Juliet/Alex conversation, and the fact that Alex was slowly realizing what was going on between her and Justin, even if it was still looking pretty bleak to her at the time, she wouldn't be able to look at Justin the same way after that. You really got down everybody's characters perfectly in writing. I really liked the ending, "She doesn’t answer, doesn’t look back at him. Just grins to herself and walks up the stairs, Justin calling up to her from the bottom. “Alex! Get what?”" because that is just SO Justin and Alex, it's practically patented after them. ;)

And I agree about the Bronte line. It really does scream Justin/Alex.

Write more soon. Or maybe write a continuation for this, when Justin finally realizes what Alex had meant with her cryptic parting line? :D haha. I'm putting this on alert if ever you decide to ;)
oogajunk chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
It's not even a Jalex, but I knew this had to be good if it was coming from you. So I had to give it a shot. If anything, I was reading this fic like I watch the show: trying to find Jalex in every subtle way whether it's there or not. Sorry, I know this isn't really a Jalex story so I'll stop talking about it.

I think you pointed out a lot of things that many of us probably didn't see. Whether or not you MADE Justin's old girlfriends have attributes like Alex's, I don't know. Like some of the characteristics were a bit of a stretch to match Alex's, but I didn't care. It was just pretty clever and a different angle to take. (But why should I be surprised. You tend to do that in all your stories haha).

From looking at the list of shows you've written stories for, it seems like you watch an ungodly amount of TV (not an insult. Just admire how you can keep up with so many shows). So it came to my surprise when you started talking about details like the stores on Waverly Place and Juliet's old-timey, proper mannerisms. Sign of a true fan...or you're just really observant lol. Either way, it's very much appreciated :)

I think what I loved the most out of this one-shot was the "oh s**t" moments. Like the Juliet Burn:

"Crossing her arms over her chest she fixes her expression on the other girl and glares at her harder than she’s probably ever glared at anyone in her entire life. And that’s saying something. 'By saying that my brother’s nerve grating date is like me and that’s what he sees in here? Yeah, please lie to me from now on. It should be easy; just pretend I’m Justin.'"

Just that already got my hyped up. And then of course:

"'What happened to your date?'

He makes a face at her and sits in their dad’s chair across. 'She had an art class.'"

Then BAM. Oh man, I almost lost it right then haha. I don't know what you were going for at the end, but I saw that as a Jalex when she got butterflies instead of the need to vomit. (Sorry I keep bringing it up in this. I can't help it). But regardless, the way she just patted his shoulder and walked out with a smirk leaving Justin confused. That's such an "Alex exit," and a beautiful way to end it...besides the fact that I wanted to know more about what was running through Alex's head and how Justin reacted when he finally "got it." Ok ok sorry. Story is about Alex and Juliet. I'll shut up now.

It was great, though. Very clever.