Reviews for Wanting More
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 12/16/2010
Yay! Madam Rosmerta it is, even if she isn't twenty yet.

excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 10/30/2010
Good chapter-I hope that Rosmerta gets a _nice_ surprise for a change!
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 9/25/2010
Yes, the only thing the Headmaster ever has to offer those who die for him is the honor of the thing. Albus might do a little bit better recruiting if he could look after his own troops a trifle better.

Good chapter, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 8/19/2010
Well, Rosmerta gave Augustus a chance, and he didn't take it. How sad, I bet he doesn't survive the upcoming war.

Nice chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 7/15/2010
Good chapter. Glad that someone is watching over her-there have to be _some_ adults in the Wizarding World, they can't leave everything to girls who are only sixteen or so. Both Fabian and Kingsley are great, and here's hoping Moody comes through better than anyone thought.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 5/10/2010
Augustus has certainly turned nasty-Rosmerta was right to run from him.

But I don't like how Minerva and Albus treat her. She would have been glad to tell them anything she saw or heard if they'd just sat her down, given her some tea, and let her relax a bit (and the least they could is to put her up for the night in an actual bed).

Shakes head. Rosmerta needs a _real_ protector; and I suspect the price the Light is going to charge for that is going to be pretty high. Isn't there anybody who is just a plain decent human being in the Wizarding World?
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 5/7/2010
Augustus is certainly showing his true colors here-I thought he was a pretty good guy, but considering what he is sending Rosmerta too, it's clear that he really isn't.

While Tom Riddle is still young and handsome, and clearly has more magic than anyone else in the room. I thought Lucius and Narcissa were closer to Rosmerta's age, myself, but they are obviously adults, married, and with no Abraxas around to ruin their fun.

Anyway, good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 5/1/2010
Oh, dear, Rosmerta's become a pouty teenager; but then she _is_ a teenager, with all the fun that is to those who watch over her. I wish them luck.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 4/29/2010
Yaxley is no good, but he's certainly better in some ways than Rosmerta's own family. I'm glad Minerva is trying to look after her, but she really needs to be away from the whole situation; Hogwarts isn't as much protection as she really needs.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 4/22/2010
Very good chapter-and already the poison begins. Of course, the fact that Squibs are more common in pureblood families without a hint of Muggleborn ancestry is something that people don't care to think about much.

Then again, this new leader may not care as much about purebloods as his followers believe (there's a story called "The Prefect's Portrait" by Arsinoe de Blassenville that talks about this part).

Rosmerta is treading in dangerous waters, and doesn't know it yet.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 4/8/2010
Interesting foreshadowing about Eileen Prince, and her Very Hasty Marriage. Good chapter about Rosmerta, Augustus and Grigori Yaxley-

Too bad window shopping is the only kind Rosmerta can do-I know that one pretty well. Here's hoping she doesn't end up pregnant at sixteen, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 4/4/2010
I'm glad that Rosmerta is being offered this opportunity. But will she ever live that names piled on her down in such a small world? She probably would be better off in Muggle London where she could start over.

A pity that so many other students who could have used such help never had any, but I'm glad they do want to help her.
Il'Diko chapter 16 . 3/28/2010
:( I'm so sad it's over. But thanks for the amazing story, you can do wonders with not known characters and Rosmerta is no exeption. Briliant characterisation and overally great plot and description. It deserves a lot more recognition.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 3/28/2010
I am glad to see that Albus and Minerva and Poppy are so concerned about Rosmerta, and plan to do what they can to help her (I bet that Tom Riddle would have liked to be able to stay at Hogwarts during the Blitz, though, and never mind what kind of summers Snape and Harry both went home to).

Again, the Wizarding World is such a small place, Rosmerta will probably never be able to outrun her 'reputation'. And Augustus will undoubtedly be pushed into marrying someone else.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
Good chapter-but for Kingsley, his chances are better. Despite his dark skin, he's both male and (probably) not poor. We all know how poor people are treated at Hogwarts-Rosmerta is lucky she isn't targeted by whatever set of wild boys (possibly the Prewetts at this time) like to pick on those who can't pass the pureblood test or the wallet biopsy. Being around Augustus probably helps, though she clearly doesn't expect any help once the two of them are on their separate paths.

No wonder Voldemort did so well recruiting those who didn't count.