Reviews for Wings
Darkchyld1980 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
That was heartbreaking! But sweet as well.
2loveybunnies chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Wow, that was heartbreaking and beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!
stinkyfeet chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
made me shed tears. My name is elle. For a second i thought you wrote this for me...either was that was adorable.
mrsjs chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
WOW, that was fantastic.
Slutch32 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
That was stunning. You write such beauty...it took my breath away at the simplicity and artistry.
my2galspal chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
That was amazing! I had to go back and re-read once I figured out the secret, kind of like with THE SIXTH SENSE. I kept thinking they had to interact. Of course then it made sense as to why Edward didn't help Bella when she hurt her ankle.

Thank you for sharing this story with the rest of us. I loved it. I don't think I've ever seen such a well rounded story take place with so few words.
Mrs.TheKing chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
That was so very beautiful. Very well dome. Thanks to the winning bidder and to you for writing these lovely words.
The Black Crow chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Well... wow...

This story truly left me breathless...

As always your prose is inspiring, but the plot... My gods! the plot was simply marvelous.

I must confess it took me a while to get an idea of what was going on (around the end of the dinner at the McCarty's)... but when I did... lets just say my chest still feels kind of constricted.

As soon as it was over I just HAD to go back up the beginning and ead again... EVERYTHING took such a different light after the first read and you already know what was going on... -sighs- so beutiful...

I particularly liked how the birds WERE aware of their presence, even if the people there weren't.

Alice and Edward broke my heart, plain and simple. Their reactions and comments to what was going on... Edward's need to just keep Bella and Jasper apart at the beginning... gods... again... so beautiful...

You're truly an amazing writer and this story is definitely going to become a recurrent read from now on.

Hope to read more of your work!
D Pattinson chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
This was just heartbreaking! So good though!
Mambomama chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Wow! That is all. Just . . . Wow!
tracieo chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
wow, that was fantastic! I had to read it twice - just beautifully written, the way the story weaves its threads, confusing at first, then bittersweet - lovely!
marigold123 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
I really like the way you wove the tale between the 4 of them: The Shadow and the Light. Loved the way you teased our minds, making us try to make sense of what was going on between Edward, Alice, Bella and Jasper. Very clever! I bet Elle loved this! I know I did!

"Bella murmured a few words, and then walked slowly on through the cemetery, as was her habit, the morning’s low fog swirling around her ankles like a hungry cat." I alway enjoy your imagery.

“She was the only girl Edward couldn’t take from me,” Jasper shrugged. His smile was a bitter twist, pulling at the scars down one cheek." Edward's sister... so sad.

"Edward’s face twisted with guilt, as he looked at his best friend’s ravaged skin. He reached out to touch Jasper’s shoulder, but the blond man didn’t acknowledge the gesture." I feel the anquish...Edward is feels remorse on so many levels. At least he finally realises Bella and Jasper should be together, although, there's not much he could do if he didn't. Except be a ghost forever.

“I bore false witness,” she said softly." Oh gods! Alice lied about being pregnant...karma.

So bittersweet Blue. Very touching and, as usual, impeccably written. Thank you for sharing. Thanks too, to Elle for donating.
SnowyHedwig chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Wow. Brilliantly done. It dawned on me about the time Jasper visited the beach house and was going to walk away... and then I finished it, and went back to the beginning and read it again. You were so subtle, but in re-reading it, everything was right there. I had wondered why it seemed that Edward & Alice were distant from everyone...

And the birds being able to see them, nice touch. What a sad, yet wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. This one is going into my favourites, I know I'll read it again. Great job.
ElleCC chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Well. That was... fucking amazing.

I totally had that, "Oh! Holy Shit!" moment rriigghhtt there [pointing], yes, right there. So then I had to go back and reread it from the new perspective. Twice.

This makes so much sense, now... “We should get together sometime, just the four of us,” she said. / “No.” Edward slipped from the shadows and headed in the direction his wife had gone, unseen by the man at the grave. / “Edward, that’s not fair! She’s my friend, too!” she said to his retreating back. / “I don’t care,” he said, over his shoulder.

So many things fit together...

Really well done. I'm amazed. Just... it's all totally perfectly woven. I'm just... yeah. Well. Huh. Speechless? A little bit.

God... Edward's reactions - his frustration and anger, it all makes so much sense. Alice's acceptance and... happiness?

"She looks lonely, Edward." Breaking. My. Heart.

(If this isn't the most disjointed review ever, I don't know what is.)

And thank you for making it all okay in the end, because after spending an entire morning re-reading sob-inducing FtLoJ entries, I probably would have gone into hibernation forever if it hadn't been.

The atonement for sins, the sins themselves, the accident, the two lonely people - including Jasper, who tries to hide his scars and thinks she won't want him...

This was really, really perfect.

I was just talking to Madi and she mentioned that she loved it, in part, because Jasper and Bella didn't get together because Alice and Edward were gone. I love that, too - it's almost that they got together DESPITE Alice and Edward being gone. And it had always been there... it just took some time for them to get where they needed to be... I am an absolute sucker for stories about missed timing and opportunity and pieces not lining up quite right... I'm so happy this shows a positive outcome. As Alison might say, #thankfuckinggod.

This was absolutely amazing. I would have been happy to donate to Stacie and her cause, whether I was to receive anything in return or not, but this... well... I am glad I provided you with opportunity to write and share this with the world )

Thank you so much, Blue! 3

P.S. J/B... not so bad, right? :) Thank you for humoring me!
kharizzmatik chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Wow, just wow... that was spectacular. Seriously, made me cry like a baby. Thank you for your amazing words.

3 kharizzmatik