Reviews for Wings
SnowyHedwig chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Wow. Brilliantly done. It dawned on me about the time Jasper visited the beach house and was going to walk away... and then I finished it, and went back to the beginning and read it again. You were so subtle, but in re-reading it, everything was right there. I had wondered why it seemed that Edward & Alice were distant from everyone...

And the birds being able to see them, nice touch. What a sad, yet wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. This one is going into my favourites, I know I'll read it again. Great job.
ElleCC chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Well. That was... fucking amazing.

I totally had that, "Oh! Holy Shit!" moment rriigghhtt there [pointing], yes, right there. So then I had to go back and reread it from the new perspective. Twice.

This makes so much sense, now... “We should get together sometime, just the four of us,” she said. / “No.” Edward slipped from the shadows and headed in the direction his wife had gone, unseen by the man at the grave. / “Edward, that’s not fair! She’s my friend, too!” she said to his retreating back. / “I don’t care,” he said, over his shoulder.

So many things fit together...

Really well done. I'm amazed. Just... it's all totally perfectly woven. I'm just... yeah. Well. Huh. Speechless? A little bit.

God... Edward's reactions - his frustration and anger, it all makes so much sense. Alice's acceptance and... happiness?

"She looks lonely, Edward." Breaking. My. Heart.

(If this isn't the most disjointed review ever, I don't know what is.)

And thank you for making it all okay in the end, because after spending an entire morning re-reading sob-inducing FtLoJ entries, I probably would have gone into hibernation forever if it hadn't been.

The atonement for sins, the sins themselves, the accident, the two lonely people - including Jasper, who tries to hide his scars and thinks she won't want him...

This was really, really perfect.

I was just talking to Madi and she mentioned that she loved it, in part, because Jasper and Bella didn't get together because Alice and Edward were gone. I love that, too - it's almost that they got together DESPITE Alice and Edward being gone. And it had always been there... it just took some time for them to get where they needed to be... I am an absolute sucker for stories about missed timing and opportunity and pieces not lining up quite right... I'm so happy this shows a positive outcome. As Alison might say, #thankfuckinggod.

This was absolutely amazing. I would have been happy to donate to Stacie and her cause, whether I was to receive anything in return or not, but this... well... I am glad I provided you with opportunity to write and share this with the world )

Thank you so much, Blue! 3

P.S. J/B... not so bad, right? :) Thank you for humoring me!
kharizzmatik chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Wow, just wow... that was spectacular. Seriously, made me cry like a baby. Thank you for your amazing words.

3 kharizzmatik
cabr chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
WOW! I read it twice to really get all the details! What a sad and beautiful story. And the birds always there giving signs were really a great poetic touch. I like that the story is short, but at the same time says so much of everyone. Thanks!
IdPattThat chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
That was quite beautiful and haunting... and anything where Edward dies makes me cry :)
Risbeen chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
This was beautiful. You have a true gift with your words. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Valerie22 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Omg, that was so sad and kinda hurtful for poor Edward and Alice. I seriously love the way you write, it's just so captivating.
atypical-swan chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
That was very well done. I didn't suspect anything out of the ordinary until the newspaper clipping; I just thought maybe everything was happening out in the open, but that was a fantastic little spin at the end.
Sari9 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Beautiful. Thank you.
addictedtotwilight79 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Wow. Um...I had no idea. Loved the newspaper part where it says what happens. Great job.

HRHLadyEsme chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
That was absolutely incredible. So emotional, painful, and so sweet.

Really, really awesome job!
LaViePastiche chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Oh blue, this was FANTASTIC. At first I thought I was slow, confused by Edward and Alice's presence and yet the lack of acknowledgment - but then came the newspaper article and that moment where you suck your breath in and then gasp and go "Oh my God".

I especially love that you didn't make this about Bella and Jasper getting together just because Edward and Alice were gone - but instead two people who were always in love but kept apart due to circumstance.

Amazing job, so emotional. You managed to create a deep and meaningful love between my favorite pair while not demonizing Edward or Alice (and it doesn't take much for me to dislike Alice when she's tied to Jasper, and yet I absolutely loved her in this. You are very good at making me like Alice!)

Lovely, lovely job - I think Elle is going to be head over heels for this.

And thank you so much for participating in this auction - especially profound as you are a survivor yourself. Kudos all around.

And though I am sure this is a one time deal, can I beg for more, just for the hell of it?
LaLureLee chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
This story is laced with something that I can only describe as a sadness fog. It's there, it's heavy and it makes it difficult to breathe. I read it twice to get passed the surprise. On the second read, I was more concentrated on Edward and Alice. Their interactions are perfectly placed and they make this story work. On my first read I had the same reaction as Mr. Blue. On the second one, I thought it was phenomenal. It's an intricate story that merits attention spent on every little word.
LyricalKris chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Gorgeous. Really. I am not one who likes other than canon characters but the beauty of your words can't be ignored. Made my heart ache and sing at the same time.
dihenydd chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Sniffle. Yeh you got me crying again...

That was intriguing and sweet and ended perfectly. Thank you.

Believe it or not I have never visited Paris, I feel ashamed.
494 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32 33 Next »