Reviews for The Fall of the Roman Empire
Gena chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Quite confused...but it was good to read. I hope u can clear it out for us all though...well done and keep writing! ur stories seem to captivate me and fellow dramione shippers ;)
River in Egypt chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Wow, I read all your stories (starting chronologically at the beginning, I like to see how the writing develops, oh, that's just me), but this story really got me to review. All your stories are well thought out and well written, you have a great way with words but this one really does the trick. Brilliant. Conquering your fear by loving your suppressor, excellent.

But unlike "Success knows no shame" (of course, as a true Dramione lover) I would love for them to be able to develop something, twisted as it might be (great in SKNS). And yes, I agree, your ending does not mean there never will be but it is strongly implied and I regret that but again that's just me. It's still a strong ending, very good. Love the parallel to actual history.

Well written, your best (here published) story yet, keep it up, I'd love to read more from you

Crissytje chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Altough the story was incredibly beautifully written I can't say I understood everything:( but oh well xd

secondaryonly chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Wow. Beautiful one shot, though I am a bit confused.

Does she still fear what happened at the Malfoy Manor? Does she feel more alive when she fear something, so she uses Malfoy?

What is this curse?

CammyS13 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

I think for a one-shot, this was a very well planned and beautifully written story.

I loved how the beginning and the ending tied - although, I think the end came a bit abruptly.

More than that - I looved the language - it was pure poetry. I mean the way you say, "a ghost of a kiss". It was beautiful.

It was a bit hazy what was going on exactly but I sort of liked that part where it left me to figure out what Hermione's obsession was or what was going on with her. Creative.

One of the best one-shots I've ever read (and I'm on this kick to go through all the D/H fics so BELIEVE ME - I've read tons).
HP0247 chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Ok..I think I really liked this...but honestly, I'm a bit confused. Oh well, I think I'll read it again, I tend to read really fast and I may have blinked.
Aeasel chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
The way you wrote this especially really drew out the emotions i had for those two in me...theres just something about the way you phrased those words...

the story itself was vague and a bit confusing, but i think the tone really suited the storyline. i loved your characterizations, and although the ending left me a bit unfulfilled, not every story has a happy ending right?

it was a great read, and your writing is amazing!
writersz cramp chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
I like your pace and how you manage to catch our interest, and then drop it so we'll momentarily forget, then bring it back up again when we least expect it!

I don't get the story, but I'm going to go with my own reasons and YOU can tell me if I'm correct or not. :)

Hermione was tortured by Bellatrix at the Mansion, everybody knew that... She remembers how Draco looked on during her little torture and is still scared by it? And that experience left her traumatized, so much that she still goes through the torture at night... Somehow she's trying to fight this by reading, researching about the side effects, but it somehow involves Draco so she starts to stake Draco... That's how they met and their relationship starts. Is Draco misunderstanding Hermione, thinking all she's thinking about it sex? I couldn't blame him though, if he didn't know the whole story.

Hm. You make it seem like Hermione LIKES to be in fear, because that's how she lives.

silviaelisa chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
I like how snapshot-like this fic is, and October and January have to be my favourites. For no particular reason. :)

Draco is fantastic, but I'm speechless at your Hermione... and sad, obviously.

Thank you for this!
xtintin chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
I think I kinda understand the story...

ok no, not really.

Was Hermione following Draco around to deal with her 'nightmares' or the past that happened to her?

What IS the past that haunts her?

ok WHY was she following him around?

Please explain.

This story really is amazing!
Nilsa009 chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
That was an interesting story. I really enjoyed reading it!I really liked the comparison between Voldemort and the other invador. You really should consider a sequel :)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I don't get it. Why is she bleeding and where from? Why is she stalking Malfoy? What is the memory of the curse? Did she get burnt? What does the book say that makes Malfoy so angry? Is she masochistic? What does Malfoy do that the minister thinks will make people very angry? Does Granger like Malfoy or is she using him?

Otherwise well written.
hcdl0220 chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Oh it's so good! I loved the language that was used. Fantastic! The beginning and ending were perfect, but I only wish for a sequel!
insaneprincess chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Beautiful. This was so deep and powerful, and I loved the format, and the deep writing, and it was just fantastic. Comparing Voldemort to the German invandor was beautiful. I really love your writing style. Beautiful.
Gryff-Slytherin chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Ah, well, different people deal with traumatic events differently. Kudos to Hermione for surviving. A very interesting fic! D