Reviews for Three Conversations Sam Monroe Never Had
BelleinWonderland chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
You have me tears. Seriously, I was sweating through my eyeballs towards the third part. Poor Sam, ugh. I love his flawed yet beautiful character. Life as a House is a great film and there should definitely be more fanfic for it. Thanks for sharing this!
Adriana Swan chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
OMG, T.T
cje24576 chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
This was great! Oh please do more Life as a House fics! I totally agree that there needs to be more fics in this fandom! Nice job!
The Scarlett Ribbon chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Beautiful. Life as a House is my all time FAVOURITE film and it actually offends me that no one else seems to have heard of it :/

I really liked this though. Your portrayal of Sam was as true to the story as it could possibly be and I loved getting a glimpse inside his head. Wonderfully done!

Thanks so much for posting this- it's great to see this film getting some fanfic love!
aeternium chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Bababababababa. Coherency has no place here. Sammie, I adore this fic and you. The reason I haven't done LAAH fic before (and trust me, I HAVE thought about it) is that I've never trusted myself to catch the total grit you've put so magnificently into words here. I think this has reinspired me to try.

3 Brody
DeengoBlue chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Very good. I think the last conversation might have been my favorite, but they were all so very well done.
kezztip chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
That was an amazing piece of writing - so gritty and real.

I love Life as a House - it is one of my all time favourites. If you're interested, I've written a crossover fic on it, crossing it with That 70s Show, but I took a lot of liberties with the plot and characters - just saying.

Thanks for this.
Melanie-Kisaragi chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Ah! FINALLY! I was looking for a fic from Life As A House too. Hayden is very hot as a messed up, druggie goth ;) The ending when his dad dies always makes me cry. You wrote this so beautifully, I could totally see it as part of the movie. Great job. Have you thought of writing a longer fic for this movie?
Bellatrix Kale chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Aw. That last one got me teary eyed.

Oh and use the search for Life as a House. There are some. I might make one if it makes you feel less alone :)
pronker chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
I just finished watching this movie 2 hours ago and it certainly lived up to its reputation. So many turning points in the movie, the Lexus and the shower scenes, time after time the right choices were made. Good to see a fic about them.
Force Child chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
I liked it. Pretty close to the movie, but you did get one fact wrong - Sam wasn't doing the deed in the car with the queer, it was the other way around. Sam was the one with his pants down so you could tell who was doing who. You might already know that, but in case you didn't... All in all I kinda liked the change from the movie. And I agree, it was one of the best movies I've ever seen and one of Hayden's finest performances. BTW did you know the scene where he punched the wall was ad libed by Hayden? You also would love Hayden's role as Scott Barriger in the Canadian series "Higher Ground." He plays a teen who was sexually abused by his stepmother. Was just as good as his performance in "Life."
diamondeyed chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
This was very striking and evocative. You wrote Sam's angst very well. And I agree with you about no laah fics. It's a crime.