Reviews for First Glimpse
nanciellen chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
I just loved this. What imagery. You are someone who can savor en experience and relate it to so very well by the written word. This is a beautiful story. Thank you.
theredrobin chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
Enjoyed this very much; nice characterization and beautiful writing style.

It's lovely to see the happy future that is Emma and Knightley's (but poor Mr. Woodhouse), and how in love they are with each other still. That the first thing he wants to do to cheer up Emma now that they are free to leave Highbury without guilt is surprise her by bringing her to the sea is quite touching.
Hamfast Gamgee chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Good well-written tale, I like the descriptions and the thoughts of Emma involved. I persume that George is her future fiance? I was a bit surprised to find out that she was been taking to the coast. That could be quite an epidition in those days, couldn't it? I am reading this without having read any Jane Austin, though my mum has forced me to watch the odd episode of a BBC adaptation. But in some ways, I prefer it this way, just reading dribbles rather than having to wade through 600 pages of the thing. I suppose that some Jane Austin fans would think that scandelous.

Me been me, in some ways I would have preferred a bit of action, an attack by a highwayman, for example, but I suppose that wouldn't really be cannon would it?

But as I say, nicely written tale, I'll look forward to more.
twoflower22 chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Enjoyed this! Didn't they go to seaside for their honemoon, though?
dimkagirl18 chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
lovely ending. i recently just watched the 2009 BBC version of emma,and you have captured the emotions beautifully. well done :)
ChrstnWrtr chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Awesome, simply awesome. I would add more to this story.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
A great story. Very well written.
the doctor's next dance chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
*dies*

Lovely :)
AC2 chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
This is exquisite! The flowing prose coupled with the intimate description of Emma's thoughts gives this a wonderful immediacy that brings it fully to life.

Excellent indeed!

Good luck in the Challenge. :D

Added to my favourites.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
I share Emma's delight in the a lovely surprise for her!
Rachel A. Prongs chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Very nice :) Only very recently read Emma (and watched the series), and she ranks up there with Elizabeth Bennet and Elinor Dashwood tbh Excellent little oneshot, that I personally think portrayed their personalities very well.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
That was so sweet - and very well-written. I like how you picked up on details from the book like Emma never having seen the sea, and you really conveyed her feeling of being confined and isolated in Highbury (which is probably why she felt a little relieved when Mr Woodhouse died). Wonderful story!