Reviews for Out of the West
Blackstone4005 chapter 65 . 2/10
What an amazing story. The OC's world was so fully formed, I almost forgot that this crossed over with HP's universe. The match was seamless. I am sorry to hear of the author's passing. My sympathies to his family. Thank you for sharing his work with us. His talent and person will be missed.
Pyrophoricity chapter 65 . 1/5
That was amazing ... thanks a lot for that beautifully well writen and full story.
Ironsct chapter 65 . 12/7/2015
Dear Larry Huss,
I just finished reading this story and wanted to say thank you for letting us read your work. I can't wait to read more of your work.

Sincerely
John

PS Merry Christmas
Sarcasm Dragon chapter 20 . 8/23/2015
This is one highly underrated story. I think part of the reason for that is the heavy focus on OC's, which a lot of readers actively avoid, and how long it took to get any interaction with much canon material.
Sarcasm Dragon chapter 18 . 8/23/2015
This bit with the father was interesting, but too sudden. A bit of foreshadowing in earlier chapters would have gone a long way to making this sudden turn have greater impact.
Ikurus chapter 65 . 7/30/2015
This is amazing. Thank you for writing and sharing this.
UltraHydra chapter 65 . 7/27/2015
Terrible Summary, Great Story.

It's a vibrant, detailed amazing story that does great things with Harry Potter setting. The summary is vague though and likely turns off readers, I know I passed it over the first few times and only bothered to read the first chapter because of how much I liked reading Remus P.I.

Fantastic read I'd recommend it to anyone who likes reading fiction.
partiallykritikal chapter 2 . 7/3/2015
I'm curious about the use of the Nietzsche quote in the summary (it was what originally attracted me to this story). From the way events are shaping so far (only two chapters in, I admit) it appears that you are using a literal translation as it would be read in pop culture. Nietzsche, however, did not mean "superman" like the comic book character or anyone who had special powers or abilities. To Nietzsche, "supermen" ("ubermensch" in his German) were supposed to represent the best members of the human race, those who could use their intelligence and strengths to become successful. So a more accurate translation would be "We are witnessing the birth of leaders". This doesn't relate to the story too much, and I'm only saying it because I feel it's worth mentioning. I was mildly disappointed that the story appears to take the quote literally, and does not seem to focus on someone becoming what Nietzsche called "ubermensch". Actually, the entire summary as a whole is vague and gives no idea whatsoever as to what happens in the story. So there's that.
Meteoricshipyards chapter 65 . 6/29/2015
Wow, that was an amazing story.

It struck me as a crossover where it was crossed with your own AGER world and the Potterverse. It worked very well together.

Very well done OCs. Leo was great. A bit less shiny than Harry, but still a Knight. The ending indicates that he's not quite gone, but still protecting.

A little disappointed that Dumbeldore was killed off screen. We never saw if he realized his mistakes. I am glad he's out of the way at the end.

Nice development of Neville. Would have preferred Luna with Harry, but you matured Ron enough so it was OK.

Thank you for an excellent story. Good luck with any future writing you do.

Tom A.
SeverlyLate chapter 65 . 4/9/2015
Sigh...
Very good story... For a while.
Then shift of direction, loss of fokus, random new characters and entities... Too many guns on the walls that never used... Weird ending that kind of belong to another story.
Sammual chapter 65 . 2/6/2015
A truly fantastic story. Having read over 300 stories on I can say that yours is in the top 10.
GBTtown chapter 65 . 11/11/2014
A wonderful story!
Going into the Epilogue I was hoping the Mexican adventure would be spun off into another novel. However, the way it was handled was enough. I am not a big fan of crossover stories (possibly because I was never into anime) but this story was more AU with some great new characters.
I am currently reading Palimpsest and enjoying it as well.
quantum7 chapter 65 . 10/6/2014
This is a lovely story! I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is rare to find fanfiction with top-notch world building independent of the reference story (or stories in this case). I also appreciated how major events sometimes occur off-screen–it gives the story a feeling of authenticity.
hga chapter 31 . 8/23/2014
While what you did to Ginny was unpleasant, you have an amazing ability to come up with interesting scenarios. About the only one that felt off key, particularly in not having enough foreshadowing (or at least that I noticed), was the evil father of our hero.
Difdi chapter 14 . 7/12/2014
Why do you keep referring to a stunner by its incantation?