Reviews for Out of the West
rytan451 chapter 65 . 1/17
I've finally finished reading this. Yay!

This is among the best Fanfics I have read. The outside perspective on the Wizarding World was very well-done.

I must admit, though, there is still some room for improvement. If you were to have this story looked through by an editor, I believe there would be some changes in the structure and wording in some sentences. If you were to write another draft of this story, you might want to put more indicators near the beginning of the story to show that Voldemort is the main enemy.

Have you considered writing professionally? I think that the world you've created, the world of the Emergents, could be worked into a novel. This is not something I say lightly, but I think you have the talent and creative potential to be successful.

Well wishes,
rytan451
rytan451 chapter 22 . 1/17
At the start of the story, I was not enjoying it quite as much as I am now. Was the Salem mission mainly to introduce the characters and the classes of psychokinetic abilities? That was the impression I got.

I do enjoy seeing the magical world from an outside perspective. Your story has been, as this point, admirably unique, and I hope to, after completing this, read more of the same calibre.

Best wishes,
rytan41
stacygrrl2002 chapter 4 . 11/18/2016
I would also like to express thanks for the hard editing work Nathan. I saw the note about Larry on his author page. My condolences go to you and yours. May he still need lots of editing help in his new adventure. I have enjoyed several of his tales.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 1 . 11/18/2016
Interesting start. Now we see modern science vs. the magical world need to stay hidden. Kewl.
twistyguru chapter 65 . 10/18/2016
Such a fantastic story! I see in the Bio section of the author's page that he passed away from cancer. So sorry to hear that, I'd have loved to read more from him. However, he will be remembered by his family, friends, and fans of his fiction.
mousehowl chapter 65 . 8/27/2016
Entire story is incredibly creative, filled with new events and ideas which can be rather difficult in fanfiction.

The epilogue with just a snippet of an interesting moment in people's lives reveals just enough about their future to be satisfied, but leaves you wanting the full story. Very nicely written.

Teasing about this rip in the universe has been cruel if you don't intend to write more. You have to tell us about the monsters under the bed, too.

A new favorite story to recommend.
thepkrmgc chapter 44 . 7/6/2016
the geneology stuff is meh, its a shame the story has lost focus on the psyonic spy stuff
thepkrmgc chapter 43 . 7/6/2016
while things got off to a poor start at least things were resolved amicably
thepkrmgc chapter 42 . 7/6/2016
it seems like neville has stumbled upon some secrets, i wonder what he will do with them?
thepkrmgc chapter 39 . 7/6/2016
you certainly have the trippy aspect of divination down pat
thepkrmgc chapter 38 . 7/6/2016
the letter format is very well done, and covers the ground you need to cover without being unduely verbose
thepkrmgc chapter 37 . 7/6/2016
when it comes to horcruxes: nukes are the appropritate response...
thepkrmgc chapter 34 . 7/6/2016
while amusing, this is very different from the spy drama of the earlyer chapters
thepkrmgc chapter 33 . 7/6/2016
the puppy love is rather cute, its good that leo is being reasonable as well
thepkrmgc chapter 32 . 7/6/2016
its good that our heroes are enjoying themselves, i wonder how long that will last?