Reviews for A Day in the Life of Arthur and Merlin
Alligates chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
That was beautifully sweet :3 I now have an image of Merlin darning socks permanently fused to my brain. I won't get rid of it; in fact, I quite like it c:
Carri007 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Excellent! Great characterization-just the right amounts of humor and banter and reluctant caring. There were several spots that made me burst out laughing :)
Murphy AT chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
Hehe! This is lovely. Just a day in the life of their friendship-sometimes there aren't enough of those.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Too funny! Great story! I love the banter between the boys!
TukeIHNW chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Hahahaha! My stars-too funny. And wonderful.
Hazins chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Lol, Arthur's scarred for life! hehe :)

I really like this. It seems it could have come straight out of an episode, Arthur and Merlin are DEFINITELY in-character :P

Great job.

~H
MayDayGirl-Save-Our-Ships chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
I love this one too! I adore how protective Arthur is of Merlin. And its so cute how Merlin always gets himself into trouble. Also, the irony of Merlin actually being more powerful the Arthur could ever imagine, but still need Arthur to come to his rescue all the time. Although, if Merlin could use magic freely then it might be a different situation.

I thought is was so funny how Merlin was repeating what Arthur said. I was laughing the entire time. And of course their banter was as hilarious as ever, especially the drowning part. Man I love it when Arthur is sweet and does things like letting Merlin recover. Great fic!

lol and your welcome, I love leaving long reviews for something as good as that story.

~Shrine
mockingbird13 chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
So funny. I love it!
hachoo chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Haha, this was totally awesome! From start to finish, everything was just perfect... characters were great, plot was hilarious. Brilliant story :D
Destiniel chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
i loved it! i was smiling the whole time, and there was a little bit of joke slash (well that's how i interpreted it!) well done! ive read almost all of your stories. you clearly have a potential as a writer! really, you put me to shame :(
talk-ape chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
"Merlin couldn’t harm himself darning socks, could he?

you actually HAVE to do a fic about this now!
Eco Lin chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Cute protective!Arthur. Great story.
CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Great job! It made me laugh.
Lady Blade WarAngel chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Loved this fic. It made me laugh.
MagicByMerlin chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Quote One: “I think you’ll find you’ll have to catch me first,” Arthur stated, coolly. “Yeah, you’ll have to catch him first,” Merlin repeated, pointlessly. “Shut up, Merlin!” (This is HILARIOUS! :D :D :D :D :D How do you come up with these things? Please, by all means, do share your secrets! )

Quote Two: At least that blow to head hadn’t done too much damage, the prince smiled ruefully to himself. He shifted slightly, in order to spread Merlin’s weight, and the boy mumbled quietly - perhaps complaining about Arthur’s shoulder sticking in his chest, if the young man heard correctly. (Oh, no! You've pipped me to the post! Doesn't it sounds a little familiar...? )

Quote Three: Sighing with a sort of affectionate exasperation, Arthur hefted the servant higher and fobbed off the attentions of several worried looking staff and knights who had rushed up to him, upon his arrival. (Aww! :D :D :D )

Quote Four: Many a time had he been told his grin was utterly charming (his mother claimed it could melt butter in a dead of winter); hopefully, he would help him now. (SQUEE SQUE SQUEE! :3 :3 :3 :3 )

Quote Five: “You’re right, more like a deep, deep slumber. I shook you, Gaius gave you potions and I tried shouting in your overly large ears…” “Hey!” “Even sitting on your head didn’t wake you. I thought you were a lost cause,” Arthur smirked, evilly. “You sat on my head?” Merlin repeated, incredulously. (You have got to be the official banter writer now after reading that. XD )

Quote Six: Smiling slightly, Merlin said, “You care for me too. You looked really worried when I was knocked out…and you’re here now.” “That is a good point,” Arthur nodded, pursing his lips as if considering. Then he stood up. “Perhaps, I should leave before you get too many ideas about how much I love you.” Merlin looked so upset by his abruptness that the blond haired man immediately felt guilty. He’d been through enough today without Arthur winding him up as well. The boy’s forehead had wrinkled into an unhappy frown and his mouth was open as if to say something in protest. “Just kidding, Merlin, didn’t realise you’d be so upset to see the back of me.” (That's so adorkabley sweet I think I'm gonna cry... )

Quote Seven: “Don’t drown yourself,” Merlin said in a mock serious voice. Arthur laughed. “In the bath or in the paperwork?” “I’m not sure which is more dangerous.” The boy had a gleeful glint in his eye. “All right, I can see you are very much recovered. I expect to see you in the morning, bright and early.” “Can we clarify early?” “After the sun is up unless you want to be thrown out my bedroom window.” “I’ll bear that in mind.” (ITS SO BRILLIANT!)

Quote Eight: He’d had a bruise the size of a turnip on his bottom the next day (unfortunately, he’d decided Arthur should witness the magnitude of it too and the prince swore he was now scarred for life). (*rocking back and forth on chair, laughing head off, and quite scaring the neighbours* )

Quote Nine: Merlin couldn’t harm himself darning socks, could he? (Oh, I'm sure he could. Gravity will kill that boy one of these days. If given socks to darn, he'll probably jab himself in the eye with the need or something!)

This was incredible. No, really, this was SO amazing. You keep the two boys in character SO SO SO well! How on earth do you come up with the banter? I MUST KNOW! :-

I hope you know that I am immensely jealous of your writing skills.

Can't wait to see more from you! :D

MBM