Reviews for Compatibility
El Reino chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
So I was not too sure how much I liked this story, until that last line. It made this one an instant favorite. I like how Kiba and Hinata end up accepting their friend. I also appreciated your correct grammar and very nice writing. I'm sure I can be very effusive about how much I like this, but you'll have to forgive me for my curtness. It is very late here. I'll try to give a better review on another story of yours (for I have read and enjoyed a few others).

Until next time,
El R.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
A very sensible and in-keeping with the Naruto-verse explanation for the kikkai, and IC Team 8 friendship fluff. *applauds*
PhantomFanfic chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Very good. I liked this piece cause of what it pointed out. The idea that these techniques developed for battle come at a cost. It was good. I can't think of what else to say. _
wei chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I'm coming to this story after reading the remixed version, and I am so glad that this story was remixed, since otherwise, I wouldn't have known that this really brilliant story existed!

The backstory you gave to the Aburames was interesting and believable to the degree that I can almost see it as an essay analyzing the Aburame family, but in addition to that, the backstory is woven into a story about the bonds between teammates. Very cool!
Reginleifthevalkyrie chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
OT3 3
Tigger chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I just- I don't even know what to say. Bloody brilliant, but those are about the only words I can think of. I have a feeling this fic will be on my mind for a little while.
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
This was a very interesting take behind the mechanics of the Aburame clan.
Re-Ane chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
Ugh, god, this is fantastic. I'll admit I think you could do some more interesting things with Shino as a character- rather than using him to explore the mechanics of the Aburame clan and their insects- but as someone who loves reading different people's takes on the bug-users, it was fantastic.

I particularly liked your description of the kikkai being in his mouth- it's such a normally disgusting concept and one of my personal phobias, but because the bugs are symbiotic to Shino and he isn't uncomfortable with it, the concept wasn't repulsive to me. In other words, I could understand how a clan full of people could be totally comfortable with bugs crawling around inside of them. The descriptions of what the kikkai were doing, which would normally be gross as all hell, weren't repulsive to me because my view of what the kikkai were doing was affected by the viewpoint of a clan that's used to such things. I also liked how you thought through the problems that an Aburame might face, particularly relating to pregnancy. The grotesque nature of the Aburame clan never seems to be fascinating, and I think you captured it well in this fic while simultaneously providing team 8 being shamelessly adorable.

In short, I loved it.
Crazy Hyper Lady chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
oh... cool! That was awesome! :D I 3 Shino! _
Eva-Mizuki-Levaris chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Awwz That was sad.. Especially if you're a ShinoHina fan. I LOVE IT!
Akatsuki210 chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
This is a really unique and interesting story. I like your ideas for the Aburame clan's origin and the mechanics of their techniques; it's obvious that you put a lot of thought into it. The part where Kiba offers to use Akamaru's scent abilities as a dating service for Shino made me laugh!
SkItZoFrEaK chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
I really like your well-thought out approach to Aburame physiology. That line Shino says about how, while the kikkai report 'salt' and stuff, they do not say 'safe.' And that's really interesting. however, I'm not sure I totally agree with the 'we never marry other ninja' because I have trouble imagining them having much access to many civilians who would be prepared for that sort of thing. Also, in the series we see several members of the Aburame family (in the fillers, mostly) who appear to be married to other ninja, and I don't see that many Aburame inter-marrying into their own family.

Also, I have my own selfish ideas about crack pairings and stuff involving I guess that colors my opinion as well. I reject your reality and substitute my own! That being said, your idea for this story was well-executed and interesting, and it poses some fun questions like 'what if an Aburame loved a ninja?' and so forth. Your characterizations of Kiba and Hinata are good too, as is the interaction between the team members. I'm not entirely certain how early in their relationship this is placed, though. At the start? Near the middle? Years down the road? Hard to tell.

Good stuff.
wanttodeletethis chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
This was incredibly interesting to me. Not only was it masterfully written, but the detail and forethought given to the background of the Aburame clan was genius. I enjoyed every part of this. Shino is my favorite character and reading things like this just reminds me why.

This is the first of your stories that I have read, but I will definitely be off to read more now.
Gabzilla chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
This is beautiful 3
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Bugs do make me feel icky, but this was . . . cute.