Reviews for Kinship
Navaka114 chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Was Ratchet was speaking about Sam (it kinda seemed like it)? And Lennox and Mikaela were conversing about Optimus? Or were they all talking about Optimus, because both Sam and Optimus came back to the dead but Sam is the one who has the realtionship with Mikaela so I was uncertain...I'm probably over thinking this...

Great start though!
tamiiland chapter 13 . 1/17/2012
Oh, my! Ironhide's reaction was so much fun to read. XD He's such a mother-hen, deep down inside. Just a big coddler.

I was awestruck when I noticed that you smartly connected the movie's end with this fic's end. That was SO SLY, I actually felt my heart swell up by the perfect feeling of it all. Optimus finally feeling the confidence to thank Sam for bringing him back made me feel all warm and fuzzy, and the boy's answer was just pure aww. It fitted perfectly.

GREAT JOB. Loved every bit of it. Literally.

I'm off to read 'The Tie That Binds' now! (: Kudos!
tamiiland chapter 12 . 1/17/2012
And Arcee comes back from the dead with her spiffy attitude intact. That's how we like her. (:

For a moment there, I was scared it wouldn't work. I suspect you enjoy giving me mild heart-attacks.
tamiiland chapter 10 . 1/17/2012
I like to think the AllSpark is sentient, thank you very much. (:

Sam's overreacting is always so much fun to read, hehe! He and Optimus level each other out so perfectly. One so sober, the other so... spontaneous?
tamiiland chapter 9 . 1/17/2012
Oh, my God, Sam. THAT WAS SO SLY! WELL DONE! Wow, smooth! Lennox isn't pleased, of course, but it was totally worth it! You hit a nerve there.

Black's fixationg with the Roosevelt made me believe that he lost someone he was attached to, there.
tamiiland chapter 8 . 1/17/2012
Okay... Sam's accepting his role as a Prime, even though he doens't know he is yet. Steps becoming strides. I like that.

The whole 'we sense each other's feelings' is depicted so naturally in here that it doesn't seem like an alien bond in the least. But Optimus knowing how to handle it and using it to shut out Sam (even if it's for his own good) is just cheating! Be a mech and face the bond! Face your brother and share your feelings, you big (HUGE) wimp!
tamiiland chapter 7 . 1/17/2012
al-Sharif: Purely awesome guy. Love him; love him to the Pit and back!

Bumblebee is the best friend anyone can ask for. He's loyal and compassionate, not to mention willing to do whatever it takes to help those he cares for. Other people's wellbeing comes before his own. He's just too... Gah! He's great. And he always knows what to say!

The whole 'djinn' thingy was interesting. Very.

Uh, I just noticed I wrote about Arcee's 'death' in a past comment. XD My reviwes got mixed. Sorry about that! (I already read the whole thing and am reviweing now)
tamiiland chapter 6 . 1/17/2012
Hmm, Optimus not knowing for sure that he was a Prime was a thought that I never entertained. Interesting idea! (: Seeing how someone as stoic as him is shaken by the news, I'm not surprised Sam feels calmer about the whole deal.

... Is it really that weird to say 'et cetera' in a conversation? XD I do it every now and then!
tamiiland chapter 5 . 1/17/2012
A few things worth pointing out:

I love your Bumblebee. Plain cool and cute.

Jetfire's mention and Arcee's dead made me weep inwardly.

Sam comparing himself to the President Slowly accepting he's a Prime. Sweet.
tamiiland chapter 4 . 1/17/2012
Mm. Like this chapter. (: Lennox and Sam's little 'pep talk' was fluid and relaxed, while the boy's snappy mood reminded us that he does have an attitude and is not to be toyed round with - he has giant metal friends who will gladly chew you out for him. Also, the Family Meal was a nice showing of his human side; the need of others, the want of affection.
tamiiland chapter 3 . 1/17/2012
Ugh. Someone shoot Black already! Anyway, sad Ratchet is depressing; it was a little shocking realising that he *really* would have reacted this way towards Sam's wishes of getting rid of the alloy instead of yowling in the face of the boy's ignorance and throwing a wrench at him like the cranky CMO he's supposed to be.
tamiiland chapter 2 . 1/17/2012
Sam's realisation seemed a little abrupt there - but then again, he's not an airhead, so it's understandable that he was able to catch up so fast to what Optimus was saying.

The 'day one; day two; day three' little speech totally hooked me. It was so well written, and it just screamed, 'Hey, I'm simple and sincere. Complete Sam-ness here, babe!'
tamiiland chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Oh, my God. XD That was so well-played! You totally got me there. It was confusing as Hell first time I read it. Had to double-check to make sure I had understood the conversation. When I finally caught up, I cracked a smile. Smart!
May Eve chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Rereading, and it just hit me how this is probably the best first chapter I've ever read. The tone and flow and finish are all just perfect.
InuFan3545 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Loved the ambiguity of this. I didn't get a clue they were talking about Sam til you told us. Great first chapter.
397 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »