Reviews for Impressions
TheAliensDidIt chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Fiiiirst of all, good on you for trying a different language.

I like the idea behind this fic - you can come up with many chapters about the impact Zack left on the people he met. The interaction between Aerith and Zack in this chapter was nice.

Your English is pretty okay, actually. It's certainly better than some people on this website (not pointing fingers) who grew up with English, yet make numerous grammar and spelling mistakes... at the very least you have decent spelling.

I will, however, point out a mistake you made in writing dialogue. When someone's talking, you begin with quotation marks and when they're done, you close with a punctuation mark, then another set of quotation marks. So instead of doing this:

-Zack..- whispered- How?

-Do you remember our last talk?- Aerith nodned- After that things went from bad to worse, Sephirot turned mad and murdered...

-Sephirot?! You are talking about Nibelheim!

You do this:

"Zack," Aerith whispered. "How?"

"Do you remember our last talk?"

Aerith nodded.

"After that things went from bad to worse, Sephiroth turned mad and murdered..."

"Sephiroth?! You are talking about Nibelheim!"

Also, Sephiroth*. Not Sephirot.

Watch your tenses. You have present and past tense mixed into this chapter. Decide on one and stick with it.

Last bit of advice; it would be beneficial for you to get a beta reader to clean up any small mistakes.

I hope you keep writing and improving your English.
FullMentalPanic chapter 5 . 8/27/2012
From Yuffie's perspective! That's always fun, and something that I always want to see now that we know she and Zack were familiar with one another. Good job with her exuberance and self-confidence.

It's seriously fascinating to see her perspective as Zack fights his way into Fort Tamblin. She IS slightly worried about his power but she's still all determined to take him on. "Her punches were so fast, she didn't feel a thing. It looked like she wasn't even hitting him. But she knew better. All his enemies had surrendered shortly after her attack." Oh, that was awesome and hilarious beyond words! Excellent job with her little kid perspective, and a little kid that's been raised around foul-mouthed Crescent Unit soldiers at that!

Those treasure hunting gigs really were almost like they were both having fun. Zack genuinely did want to keep her safe, and got annoyed with her, but he kept coming back.

"It was like he had stolen some respect from her, and like she respected him for that." I really like this concept, it's interesting and I can see Yuffie feeling this way toward Zack. There are a few parts where the sentence structure seems little weird or verb tenses are off, but the strength of the story overrides it, definitely impressive for your third language. I really enjoyed this a lot!
Stacey.and.stars chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Aerith was never in love with Cloud. If anything, his characteristics were all from Zack. Tifa was the one who helped Cloud remember his true self.

btw, the maiden novela is not canon.
Leah Conner chapter 4 . 5/19/2010
"Don't you dare tease me. I died a few monents ago, remember?" *laughs hysterically* I think that was my favorite one shot yet. "Aww! I love you man" So cute. You're english was nearly perfect! Europeans never fail to amaze me. A German exchange student came here two years ago and spoke perfect english. Then he suddenly started talking to my spanish teacher in fluent spanish. My self esteem just got kicked in the face. This is your third language too isn't it? Kudos to you.
Leah Conner chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
That was so CUTE! I love Zerith. I used to be all Cloti, but Zerith is catching up. Zack and Aerith can travel the world together for eternity. You're english is really good. Far FAR better than my spanish. There were a few grammatical mistakes, but I understood everything. If I tried to write in spanish... let's not think about that. I can't even write a review in spanish. If you would like me to be a beta for you since I'm a native speaker, I'd be more than happy to help. You're probably better at spelling than I am, but I'm good at grammar. Feel free to PM me any time :D
FullMentalPanic chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
Fantastic last line, and kudos for being willing to write in a second language. Good job!
LadyTeefStrife chapter 4 . 3/10/2010
SO SWEET! I think this is the chap I love the most! the end was so cute! love it!

you use a spell-check program? if you not then you are really good with your english! and if not, there are some mistakes, but nothing serious. .

LadyTeefStrife chapter 3 . 3/10/2010
Teef! So this was when she found Cloud in the train station? nice! Zack and the Zangan reference was good!

LadyTeefStrife chapter 2 . 3/10/2010
Tseng and Zack friendship... like it! In CC they looked like good friends and is nice for Cloud to have someone to talk to about Zack.

like it (and understand it ;)so far.

LadyTeefStrife chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Don't listen to Maiden! It's bullshit! You know I don't like Aerith that much, but in that novel I HATED her! How could she do that to Zack! I'm glad you changed it. But I still think she wasn't in love with Cloud...

Anyways, I liked it. I don't think I have any right to say anything about your English (mine sucks.) But I'll try.
Nadia Blackrose chapter 3 . 2/14/2010
Lovely! Awesome! He he he, I had the idea of writing a oneshot when Tifa found Cloud at the station, it seems we are on the same page! I like this moment,too! And I am very happy to have read a nice fic like this! xD
Nadia Blackrose chapter 2 . 2/14/2010
I guess some of this must be inspired by crisis core, aren't I right? Unfortunatelly, I don't have a psp, nor a good graphics card to play it via emulator from pc, so there are a lot of things I have missed, he he he! You know, I think tseng also liked aeris, ( I remember it in the gongaga section if you visit with tifa and aeris, where the turks gossip about who they like). Very nice oneshot, keep it up! xD
Variemai chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
It was very sweet story, and don't worry about your english, those mistakes are not of great importance! xD

I really liked to read about the reunion of Aeris and Zack, you're also right about the ''Maiden who travels the planet'', it was a bit...cold but hopefully, fanfiction is far better and you did a great job! thanks also for reviewing my story! xD
Chibipinkbunny chapter 3 . 11/29/2009
I was curious about your Zack/Tifa one. Yes, I've read Fairheartstrife's story "Splintered Dreams." I agree she's an amazing writer, but I only read it from time to time because I'm really not fond of the pairing Zack/Tifa, but I really do love the way she writes Zack. Lol, I'm a Zerith at heart! I just can't see Zack with anyone else. . . Anyway, I thought you did Tifa in character here, but then again I'm no Tifa expert. I liked the Zack/Tifa interaction because it felt like something that may have happened. Your English is pretty good, just a few minor slip-ups every now and then. It was interesting how you had her forget about Zack in the end as soon as she saw Cloud. I think you were trying to say that Cloud meant a heck of a lot more to her than Zack did, but I wasn't sure. Maybe it's just that she saw Cloud and was so stunned that it broke her out of her daydream. Keep writing! I'm sure your English will improve with time :)
annubis chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Hello! this is annubis (The Decision Between Life or Death) first of all, thank you so much for the kind review on my story! I really appreciate it and am SO glad you enjoyed it so much. I try really hard to get around and read other people's fics in return.

This was a cute one-shot. It can easily continue into a longer chaptered fic. I, sadly, do not know spanish so i cannot read your other fics but your english isn't bad at all. some words are a little bit switched but for the most part, when reading, you can easily tell what you meant and automatically i can switch them around. there wasn't anything confusing about it at all. i liked the quick desperation aerith seemed to show once Zack turned away to leave. Very good so far! keep writing because if you are this good in english i can only imagine what your spanish fics are like! :D