Reviews for Vigil
Linale Ashley M chapter 1 . 6/6/2012 I’m speechless, this is so beautiful, vivid, descriptive, and it made me cry on more than one occasion. I have a proposition for you. PM me if you’re interested.

3 Linale
monsterhuntergod-Ratholas Mk1 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Russia didn't do anything wrong, its the people he put in charge that did the bad stuff. why did he think Stalin would be good choice!
SingBenihime chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
That was such a beautiful fic. I don't really know what else to say. Some parts nearly tore my heart out in pity/sympathy for poor Ivan :(

Thank you for such a wonderful read!
Meow-Wow chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
This was beautiful. Thank you.
Bat Lorena chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
I cannot express how much I love you. No, seriously. To see such thoughtful stuff for Hetalia is like Christmas and Halloween and July 4th and every holiday ever combined WITH ICE CREAM OMG. Plus the history. Oh, the history.

I'm such a Russia fag that it's incredibly exciting to see other people referencing and finding inspiration in their past.

(Because it IS pretty damn awesome, and I think in part it's the progress that makes it so. I dunno. /)

Anyways, THIS. I like to think Belarus can be genuinely worried about her bro, too, you know? Instead of just getting him to marry her? A-and Ukraine... Oh, Ukraine. Even if it's not true history, reading makes me proud of her and us. *v*

Ahaha. I'll stop babbling and READ MORE OF YOUR MAGIC NOW, BRB.
SilverBlueGrey chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
that... made me cry. Russia... he's had it so hard. So much harder than all the other countries. The wars, the pain, the suffering, the cold, the starvation, the revolutions. Russia is, and always has been, a savage place that chills the hearts of its people, and has never really been at peace with itself. Maybe some day it will though, become a better place. The whole world is slowly becoming a better place, despite what people might say.

I think that's one of the reasons why this was so moving, was because, though the characters and situations are fictional, it is, in a sense, true. The fall of the soviet Union was a bitter hopeless thing for much of Russia, but it also brought hope for something better.
Mr. Sora Majiggers chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
OMG that was beautiful! I really like Ukraine simply because she seems like the big sister type.
SoujisBlackCat chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Gzp. I don't even have a coherent review. That was wonderful! Another demonstration of how painful Russia's history has been. Luckily, thanks to fanfic writers, someone's always there to comfort him. I like this one, especially since I"m a big sister too. :)

Oh, and I love the image of him reading the Communist Manifesto. He was so cute and idealistic back then~
LM chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Very interesting!
WTv1.0 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Seeing the alert for this in my inbox made a really bad day a lot better. Thank you so much. x3

Poor Russia. ;.; In some ways, it really isn't fair- the poor dear tried so hard. I want to say that I'll never understand how an idea as gorgeous as Communism (I mean, total equality for everyone and countries working together? Hello? Y/Y?) can be corrupted, but... well, human nature sucks and makes it totally unrealistic for the world we live in.

... Wait, what happened to the review here?

Right! Review. I love Ukraine here; this could be called a Russia fic, I suppose, but she's the real star in this piece. Gotta wonder where the others would be without her... I really like those few lines about the socks, as well; they seem trivial, but I think they convey a lot about how much she cares in very little space.

I'd ask you to keep writing, but you seem to be doing that just fine.