Reviews for Just Leave
bluejen8 chapter 2 . 11/8/2009
This is a really dark story. Jason can't say what he wants and Spinelli isn't giving in. I know that it says complete on the top but are you going to write a sequel or another story where Jason comes back again and fights for Spinelli. Just wondering
darkorangecat chapter 2 . 11/2/2009
I really loved the detail of the drowning, how you made it half-dream and showed through that dream how undervalued Spinelli is. The way you described the sense of drowning practically had me gasping for air, my lungs felt as though they were burning as well.

Spinelli's repetition of the line to Jason, "You can leave now." was wonderful and brought it full circle. I like that he didn't instantly forgive the man who'd so casually thrown him out because he had dared to disagree with him.

Wonderfully written.
Vanillasiren chapter 2 . 10/29/2009
This was truly well written. I love that Spinelli doensn't want Jason to get revenge for him. I also love that he got to be the one to tell him to leave this time. Thanks for the update!
suerum chapter 2 . 10/28/2009
Wow, seriously, just wow! I am always humbled when I read what you create with the same words that are available to the rest of us. It's art, pure and simple.

The way you described Kelly's all bright and shiny, but slightly off kilter, the spongy floor and the wavy glass in the window. Then it's not a dream anymore, it's drowning and dying and blood and water and just awful.

Then throughout this chapter, all he wants is Jason to give him something, some piece of himself in return for all the pieces Spinelli has given him without ever asking for something back. He just can't rationalize, justify, or excuse-at least not right now. He sure isn't going to be the reason that there is one less beaten down homeles man wandering the streets of Port Charles. Then there's Jason. unable to communicate. Jason who feels but can't express those feelings in any substantive manner except through action and anger, which are equally corrosive to him and those on the receiving end.

You know, being loved by Jason Morgan in all its weight, is a sometimes a terrible burden. This line: Where were you? Something in Spinelli cries, but he bites his lip, cuts to the quick, unuttered though it is. Jason has one response to situations like this-revenge. Yet, Spinelli wants to save his own soul, if not the remnants of Jason’s, and so he refuses to endorse it. Even now, in pain, disoriented, hurt, mad-Spinelli still holds back the floods of words he wants to fling at Jason, refrains until the end from hurting him.

This line is brilliant analysis: Sitting here, in the dark of the night, Jason is trying to say all those things without words. For once, Spinelli thinks it might not be enough. Then this, "You can leave now boomerangs back on Jason and he knows it, they both do. Then the heartbreak of the next morning when he is alone and the cycle continues.

What I believe from this story, and not because I am all happy dappy, is that Spinelli goes back to the penthouse. They pick up the frayed strands of their relationship because no matter how bad this was, totally dissolution of their bond is simply not an option. Thanks for writing this.
Vanillasiren chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
This was a wonderful little glimpse into Spinelli's head, and I enjoyed it very much. I think you captured his attitudes and emotions perfectly. I like how you took him seriously - he's a person, not just an amusing sidekick. I really enjoyed the scene where he stood up to Jason and basically called him on his crap, and I hope that it will be adressed on the show. Thanks for this, and I look forward to part 2.
darkorangecat chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
This was a gripping read from the first sentence to the last. I was on the edge of my seat, quite literally, as I read. Spinelli's inner monologue is brilliant and the interaction between him and the man with the knife was well written and believable. I must know what happens next and am looking forward to reading the next chapter. Perfect follow up to what happened on the show and suitably edgy.
suerum chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Where to begin. This episode really messed with me mentally. I did not like it at all. Jason's total meltdown toward Spinelli who was entirely correct was so uncalled for that it made my brain hurt. So, when you wrote this it was like the response I wanted to make, you acted as my alter ego and I thank you.

Spinelli trying to digest what happened, you did that masterfully. The fact that he didn't run to his safe place ie Maxie was realistic. He gave Jason far more understanding then he deserved but then again, that is exactly what he would do. He is always the go to guy but he isn't supposed to need anything himself and he certainly isn't supposed to ever defy Jason except that is exactly what he's neant to do because he's become his de facto conscience and he (Jason)needs that.

So, to then turn this tale of woe and existential self-exploration into an action tale with a skeevy mugger and a sudden fight for life-simply brillaint!