Reviews for Mother
Cool! I liked it!
ChurchofFreebird chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Excellent!
ComingAndGoingByBubble chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Wow that was amazing. I have chills now!
WanderingChild96 chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
OMG. You have Norman down PERFECTLY! Very nicely done!
Draconian Elflord chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Interesting I should come across this today. I was having yet another conversation with a friend about psychology/philosphy in popular culture; today about the conflict, even violecne against, the mother, and how nearly no works of Western fiction dare to ever breach that particular taboo. But just as we were about to conclude that Westerers cannot see this particularly chilling phenomenon in the mouth, I remembered to say "AH! But what about Anthony Perkins in Psycho? That's hatred AND love of the mother, to the point of personality crisis." (We also mentioned The Doors' "The End" as well and Steinbeck's "East of Eden", and Polanski's "Repulsion" and "Rosemary's Baby"). I will never forget just how disturbing this film is; it still chills me. Perkin's borrows one part Dwight Frye (Renfield in the 1931 "Dracula"), one part 1950's 'good old boy', one part true story killer Ed Gein, and a smattering of his own homosexual awkwardness and, under the direction of one of the true masters of the Screen Alfred Hitchcock, made one of hte most seminally terrifying epci characters in film history. THe relationship between mother and son is more disturbing than Leigh's murder: while most peole cite the infamous shower scene as the most frightening scene in movie history, i think a good runner up is the revelation of hte mother's body sitting upright and embalmed in the chair. Of course Norman will refer to his mother as still alive, all the sensory detail still alive and wll in his mind; the entire film is centered around the themes of fear, rage, and neurosis all stemming from various forms of self-deception and self-denial, on the part of all characters. Stunning done on content.

Now, for the bad part

Your rhymes are in serious disrepair; they are too simple, too unimaginative, and even frequenlty violate any sense of rhythm or flow. I suggest, if you are serious about becoming an author of any kind, especially if you wish to become a oet, to study further. Your images get lost in them, their impact upset by basic badly constructed line length and balances. While not on this site, I have recently begun to investigate some of these issues in my own work, and i'm hard with myself, demanding improvement. No offense whatsoever when I say that your rhymes need work and more meticulous study.

Overall good job. Few people are so bold.
Purple Shamrock 17 chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
*shivers* That was so good yet so creepy and so Norman! Ahh, that was great! I love the whole childlike aspect to it, with the ryhming yet it's so dark at the same time and I love you used quotes from the movie like "They say a boy's best friend is his mother". I think that was a particulary good line to use since its very innocent yet can have dark implications especially when applied to Norman.

Great job! Off to read your next poem!
ximsol182 chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
You got Norman-san down! I luv Norman, he one of da first and my favorite psycho apart from Leatheface!