Reviews for Are You Asking Me Out On A Date?
Maharani Radha chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Hi there! I really, really enjoyed this :D I loved how you showed the progression of the relationship and the ups and downs. And yes, I agree with you. I was offended on Ianto's behalf when Jack acted broken-hearted over Gwen in that episode. There have been a couple of times where I just wanted to smash Jack's face into a wall based on the way he treated Ianto.

Well anyway, enough of my rant. Great job :D
ToonyTwilight chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
This was well written and a joy to read!
IShipItAllAndThenSome chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Best, cutest, most awesome thing I've ever read at 2.28 am.
Eleanor Harkness-Jones chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Awww, bless 'em! They really didn't get enough time on screen. You know what I think? "Sod Rhys and Gwen, Jack and Ianto should have had a sort of 'normal life' with a flat and a wedding and sex every night (although I don't think Rhys and Gwen did that, but I'm sure Jack and Ianto would if they shared a flat!)."

One quick question; I think in series 4 they should mention Ianto a lot, and Jack should get upset when they do, or he should hear Ianto as his conscious or something, what do you think? I'm just curious!

Love the fic! So sad, yet so fluffy, yet so sexy!
bellykaat chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Neat series of dates. I like that you included your thoughts and where the ideas came from- a single look, a spoken sentence. My favorite fanfic mostly comes from extended "off scene" incedents in the TV series and books. Thanks for sharing.
SeverusPotterSnape chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
wonderful! what was that episode where ianto says "I love you" to jack? pm me please!
Village-Mystic chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Well, since you were rated M I was hoping for some more extended smut with the story; however enjoyed what you had to show us - and rather favored your missing scene on the meaning of "Don't" having a personal code meaning. Thanks for sharing!
Amethystbutterflies chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
That was AWESOME! loved every minute of it!
thunderincrimson chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
I loved it! XD Really a great fic! XD Janto at his best!
accountunsedsorry chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
i shall review in the style you wrote the fic in.

Intro: Recollections:

cue fangirl sigh (and i did sigh, i must admit) very true! stupid Tw writers not writing date scenes...*mutters* yes, all about Ianto for once!

good times...that certain people should have expanded more of instead of a feeble mention in COE...

Date #1

pulling out the chair it doesn't seem like a Jack thing, but it does, if you know what i mean. it's a gentleman thing to do (which Jack isn't) but at his age, it seems like what he would do! argh! can't explain it better but curse you and your amazing characterisations! (in a good way, naturally) haha! period drama! just because i want to, i'm imagining it to be victorian period. bless Ianto and his insecurities! but i'd be the same with Jack... very true on Jack's reasons why he chose Ianto!

Date#2

oh, Ianto, i feel your pain (hehe) it's always Gwen Bloody Cooper! Jealous Jack? can you say hypocrite? you're one to get jealous you flirty son of a - *content edited for public safety* yeah, he'd better mean he'd love to as well... and a nixce aww for cute flusterd Ianto!

Date#3

either i have a very dirty mind or this was full of subtle dirty moments. it might just be me. but it was wonderful, dirty minded or not.

Date#4

four sentences in and i'm grinning like a loon. you sure know how to set up a scene! if Jack chose the jeans Ianto would have a circulation problem... Gah! it was that bad Jack! he made a boob of himself in 'meat'. silly boy. yes, yes it did make the relationship seem small and silly. let us never speak of it again. YES! that was the geek in me to the runthrough of Ianto's mind in that scene! and another YES! to the deleted scene! (which should have been in there!) and i'm sorry, but i had to stop reading whilst i laughed at the 'seat warmer' you cannot imagine what unspeakable things rushed through my head! sex in the changing rooms...you've no idea how much i wish that had been in the script right now..

Date#5

very cute. with hints of smut, very nice ;) i think they should publish Ianto's diary. i can imagine the deadpan expression on Ianto's face as he delivers that last line too..

Date#6

red in the bedroom...some new red sheets to go with it? a nice little interlude before things kick off (in the show)

Date#7

*sighs* very sweet, it's how i expected it to be after Owen...so glad you're tying in the events of the show and the books into this. very well done!

Date#8

very nearly happened though, Ianto being the one who got shot. thank god for a last minute descision by the writers! Tiger Pants! and a hotel room and red UNIT cap. you really are spoiling me here!

Date#9

*in a sing-song voice* reference to the zoo date! and bless tired Ianto! and agreed, that was probably why Ianto danced with Jack, knowing everyone would be retconned.

Date#10

guess which is my favourite out of the lot of them? yes, you guessed it. and i'm being very spoilt here. it's so delicious!

Date#11

yay! References! No! tell him now! but there is business to do...

Date#12

ah! quote from COE! but it's a great quote, Mr Jones. Oh. My. Word. i can't believe you thought of that! I think date#12 has overloaded my fangirl.

Date#13

so sad, and so soft. curse you and your amazing writing!

Outro:

yep. fangirl overload over here!

right, sorry for the shortness of some of them, i'm mindful of the review space i have but i thought since you wrote something i had been dying to read, and put so much effort in, it was only fair i did the same. you are now my god, i hope you know!

yes, i was offended. bloody 'meat' ha! get it? i'm so daft.

Bah! i don't get the magazine (can't find it anywhere)

half an episode? i'd go one further and say a full one each, but sentiments shared there.

i'm adding this so i can read it again (and i will) and right now i think my fangirl is going to have a little lie down in a darkened room to recooperate ;)
Vulecrise chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
This was such a great fic, I really enjoyed all the little dates you conjured up for Jack and Ianto, they were all brilliant and well-written.

Nice work!

- Tala
milady dragon chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
This was just so fantastic. I love all the referrals to the books and such, they really fit well. It may have been angsty in places, but it all fit together so well!