Reviews for He Hated Losing
CatBeist chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
I am catching up on EO's as I got a weekend between courses in college :D

Oh I really like this one! Very great tone to it all!
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
I really like the smells you chose for John and his first kill/hunt...I could just imagine this.

Never thought to think about the guy's first hunt. He must have been shaken and Dean was there for him small though he was.

Miyo86 chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Ohohoh WOW. What a moment to capture. I loved that it was John's 'first', how Dean reacted to the babysitter (or ignored,hehe) and then to his Dad. How he could smell the change and not understand yet what it means for all of them. Only that it was 'scary'. You win this weeks originality points, no contest! Brava!
Mad Server chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
That's really cool... the course of their new life changing John in some tangible way, and Dean balking at it. Awesome.
Swellison chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Whoa, this is an awesomely put-together drabble covering the first time John killed a supernatural, and both John and Dean's reactions to it. Sad, angsty, prophetic and determined all rolled into one.

IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Intense :)
bhoney chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Wow, this was fantastic. Lots of great depth for a drabble.

Loved this image: "Disregarding the late hour and an exasperated Dean! from their babysitter he ran downstairs, where John caught him in an embrace." Aw...

And then this: "Dad, you smell… of graveyard-dirt, violence, hatred, death …scary." VERY powerful. I love the way you showed what it was Dean was smelling, but not able to express fully because he was so young. I would suggest that maybe you close the quotes so they don't include the part that contains his thoughts. Just so it's a little more clear that he didn't actually say that middle part. But the line and sentiment really packed a punch!

And then this: "Dean’s wide-eyed fear threw ice-water on his fire-fuelled thirst for vengeance. The road he was on would make this smell familiar to all of them. But he couldn’t, wouldn’t, walk away." Love the analogy, and the foreboding this part contained.

Nicely done!
Tribble Master chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Aw! Little dean is so perceptive! Well done! Write on!
CiZiwejes chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
"Dad, you smell… of graveyard-dirt, violence, hatred, death …scary."

I'd say that was sad. Very sad that Dean quickly sensed the violence in John and to smell it must be devastating. It's very sad thinking of how the smells would be haunting the kids' life later. Good job!