Reviews for How The Mighty Have Fallen
AmityForever chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Late to see this but this short story is brillant. I feel very sorry for the big guy. Good alternative ending with a taste of his own medicine.
Katamabob chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Oh... now that's evil. Monsieur D'Arque is just so creepy. I actually feel sorry for Gaston, in a weird way... But tell me, what is a scold's bridle?

Very well written, and very sinister. Lunatic asylums in the days of yore were so... inhumane. Of course, that's what Gaston would have done to Maurice. Poor Maurice.

Kate
That-Awesome-Chick chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Fantastic story!

It was so creepy and real...Almsot like I was there watching everything happen.

And I thought for sure it was Maurice in the beginning. You definately threw me for a twist!
Saru Wolfe chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
Whoa. I've never seen anything like this before. This is awesome. D'arque would do something like that, and the idea of... well, I wouldn't want to spoil it in a review. Anyway, it's a fascniating idea, and you pulled it off perfectly. Good job!
Pimpernel Princess chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Wow, creepy. I always knew that Monseur D'Arque was evil...

Well done!
ladyofthelake1986yahoo.com chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Wow... This is scary... In a really good way.

I liked it. Don't know if you could continue on with it much more but it would be interesting if you did. Perhaps bring the actual Prince into the picture. I would find THAT entertaining.
TrudiRose chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
I really like this! It's a very dark and believable AU, and very in-character. I like the psychological shifts and the way you capture the malevolent atmosphere of the place (and nice use of period details, like "scold's bridle"). There were some good unexpected twists, too. Great job!